Thread: Hawk Front Brake Pad Choices

Hawk Front Brake Pad Choices

I need to get a set. What are you using? There are several options. Thanks!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Hawk hps. They are good for general street use/fun drives, never tried tracking them.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I'm running the HPS too. I'd put them in the 'hard to distinguish from factory' category. No complaints for a street pad.
    I had a set on my old C4 S4 and tried them on the track once. Definitely not adequate there.

Hawk HPS. Much less dust than stock! Grab is decent around town, gets good when warmed up, put them through paces in the back country and did well...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Hawk HPS. Much less dust than stock! Grab is decent around town, gets good when warmed up, put them through paces in the back country and did well...
    i have them too , great pad. much less dust and here 1/4 of the cost of oem
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

same here, Hawk HPS, seem to be pretty good, less dust than OEM, been on a track day once and they perform very well. Only downsize is that you will not be able to fit in the wear sensors and mine started to squeal when they warm up after a few harder braking sessions...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

HPS here too. They can squeal when cold so extra paste on back is advisable.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    same here, Hawk HPS, seem to be pretty good, less dust than OEM, been on a track day once and they perform very well. Only downsize is that you will not be able to fit in the wear sensors and mine started to squeal when they warm up after a few harder braking sessions...
    ha, I just read this. Mine squeal when cold. Are you on OEM rotors?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

OEM rotors, non-drilled
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Does anyone know the difference between Hawk Performance Ceramic (Premium) and the HPS Street Brake Pads? On tirerack they are nearly the same price but the premium ones have slighly less braking power but less noise and dust. I was going to consider the Performance Ceramic since I don't plan to track my car and I hate the dust from the factory pads.

Any one out there try the Performance Ceramic pads?
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Any one out there try the Performance Ceramic pads?
    I've got them on my A6 2.7T and no issues at all. Stops when I want it to (don't exactly drive it the same as the RS), no squeal since installed (4k miles) and not much dusting to speak of. I've considered putting them on the RS when the time comes.