Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New A7 testmule pics.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohn View Post
    It's going to embarras the 5series GT.
    No need for external support - it does it by itself
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Its really funny to compare A7 with 5 series GT... Comercial for 5 series GT points out the height of the roof and extra leg room for all passengers... I don't expect those things to be the ''ups'' of next A7...

2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

This is planed to be premiered in Paris...?

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post

ur comparing cars by the number of doors?!
    Chassis-variant and price segment.

Just like one would compare a coupé to another coupé, a stationwagon to another stationwagon, a roadster to another roadster.

A lot of carmakers have 5door versions of their sedans. Perhaps not in your neck of the woods, since it'll get the marketing people all confused. They may give it fancy names, and a new jacket, but it's just a variant on the sedan. RR may call their Cabrio a "Drophead Coupé" but we know it's just a freaking Phantom Cabrio. And the A7/GT may be called "sports activity utility vertility fitness wonder coupes extrordinair" but they are just freaking "vijf deurs", or 5door sedans.

Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

Chassis-variant and price segment.

Just like one would compare a coupé to another coupé, a stationwagon to another stationwagon, a roadster to another roadster.

A lot of carmakers have 5door versions of their sedans. Perhaps not in your neck of the woods, since it'll get the marketing people all confused. They may give it fancy names, and a new jacket, but it's just a variant on the sedan. RR may call their Cabrio a "Drophead Coupé" but we know it's just a freaking Phantom Cabrio. And the A7/GT may be called "sports activity utility vertility fitness wonder coupes extrordinair" but they are just freaking "vijf deurs", or 5door sedans.

although based on bmw 5 series - gt is not a coupe variant of it, but rather a van version with height, looks and purpose meant to have (focusing on utility), whereas the a7 is a totally new segment with coupe like stance, height and usability provided within )focusing on looks and sport pretensions). and it's not based on any future a6 or whatever - just sitting on it's own, luxury 5 door coupe segment. so u can't compare them at all, even though journalist in your ''neck of the woods'' sometimes make this mistake. tell that to audi marketing people and they would think you're nuts and they made a major pr mistake w/this product!

What are you talking about? PR-mistakes? I'm talking about what it is, and what it is, is a 5door A6. And A6 sized Audi, that looks like an A6 (especially when the new one comes), that has an A6 drivetrain, that in all likelyhood will be build on the A6 production line, probably with a (new) A6 interior, and priced at about the A6 level, only it has a 5th fastback door, which makes it a 5door A6.

But whatever man. If the the PR folks have no other tricks than to invent a new expensive sounding niche for every single effing car, and you want to pretend it's the gospel, by all means. But to me, the A7 will always be a 5door A6. And the A5 "sportback" is a 5door as well. And around here we call the Q7 a Jeep. And we mostly think they are silly.

I can compare anything to anything. Especially stuff where the only practical difference is the way the trunk opens.
    Mazda MX-5 (Miata NB)

What are you talking about? PR-mistakes? I'm talking about what it is, and what it is, is a 5door A6. And A6 sized Audi, that looks like an A6 (especially when the new one comes), that has an A6 drivetrain, that in all likelyhood will be build on the A6 production line, probably with a (new) A6 interior, and priced at about the A6 level, only it has a 5th fastback door, which makes it a 5door A6.

But whatever man. If the the PR folks have no other tricks than to invent a new expensive sounding niche for every single effing car, and you want to pretend it's the gospel, by all means. But to me, the A7 will always be a 5door A6. And the A5 "sportback" is a 5door as well. And around here we call the Q7 a Jeep. And we mostly think they are silly.

I can compare anything to anything. Especially stuff where the only practical difference is the way the trunk opens.
    Do you seriously think that future A7 (or Sportback concept till now) falls under same category as 5er GT, regardless of your math with the number of doors? it's also about style, purpose, target groups, proportions and prestige! u have to admit - BMW don't have such car - CS concept would have been one but they are not making it (yet)! same comparison could be with merc csl, lambo estoque, aston rapide, porsche panamera... BMW 5er GT is a way out of that league!

2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

I bet they could sell the test mule with the all the swirls if they put it as an option lol

Audi A7 to debut at the Moscow Motor Show! Audi S7 confirmed

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/audi-a7-t...-s7-confirmed/

should be paris. audi has cleared the way with all new intro's up to the R8 GT. only thing left this year is the A7 and maybe the new S8. new A6 next geneve-2011.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    i don't know if it's true...however very very strange imho 5.2 not turbo 580hp...we will see..

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    should be paris. audi has cleared the way with all new intro's up to the R8 GT. only thing left this year is the A7 and maybe the new S8. new A6 next geneve-2011.
    S8 is due in 2012..
    as I've said - very drought season ahead...

And what do you guys think about this 5.2 N/A developing 580 hp...?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    And what do you guys think about this 5.2 N/A developing 580 hp...?
    Someone got Audi engines mixed up.

nice pshop

far from reality??