Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X5M vs Turbo S vs Jeep SRT8 vs Range Rover sport

Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post
    Anyone here so impressed by the numbers please remember not to judge any car/truck by these numbers alone.
    Please take the X5M for a test drive and after you return to dealer with your kidneys bleeding you will have a bit different view of these vehicles.
    All four of these trucks call themselves "SUV" but only one of them is really that(Range Rover),while the rest are just tall station wagons ,never designed to tackle any mud or real snow (10" and more).
    X5M in particular,looks like it was designed to impress with the performance on paper,everywhere else it is a torture on regular roads (potholes,rail crossings and all) and not able to go off road anywhere.
    The real winner here is the new Range Rover,very capable off road,cosseting on normal roads and still providing performance that just a few years ago was attainable only by supercars.

sorry but WHO cares about OFF ROAD ability if you buy a Porsche(!) Cayenne Turbo S or a X5M? This are big safe strong cars perfect for street and designed for street. Not even one of this manufactures say or advertise that their cars are good offroader. They just have advantages against a VW Golf front wheel drive in 5 cm snow street.
    If i have to go offroad i will buy a jeep renegade or something whats built do to exactly this.
    I just cant read it anymore "oh my god the X5M and turbo s are sooooo bad offroad......and have to towed out from a range rover OMG"<- who cares

Quote Originally Posted by absent View Post
    All four of these trucks call themselves "SUV" but only one of them is really that(Range Rover),while the rest are just tall station wagons ,never designed to tackle any mud or real snow (10" and more).
    i think u dont know what utility means ?? it doesnt mean MUD SNOW or OFFROAD. it just means big trunk 4 doors big safe heavy much space. i mean i speak german but looks like even i know better what words in english means than most english speaking persons....

Quote Originally Posted by kju View Post
    sorry but who cares about off road ability if you buy a porsche(!) cayenne turbo s or a x5m? This are big safe strong cars perfect for street and designed for street. Not even one of this manufactures say or advertise that their cars are good offroader. They just have advantages against a vw golf front wheel drive in 5 cm snow street.
    If i have to go offroad i will buy a jeep renegade or something whats built do to exactly this.
    I just cant read it anymore "oh my god the x5m and turbo s are sooooo bad offroad......and have to towed out from a range rover omg"<- who cares

I think u dont know what utility means ?? It doesnt mean mud snow or offroad. It just means big trunk 4 doors big safe heavy much space. I mean i speak german but looks like even i know better what words in english means than most english speaking persons....
    +10000000
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

kju-

i predict land rover will make something that will redefine what an X6M and cayenne turbo should be capable of. the next RR sport supercharged will weigh over half a ton less and still retain its off road prowess.

if "it just means big trunk 4 doors big safe heavy much space" is your definition of utility then that applies to minivans and large sedan too, no?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I'm putting down a deposit for a blue X5 M tomorrow )))))))
    should be able to pick it up by the end of the week )))))))
    the choice was between cayenne turbo and bmw, but to be honest I was somewhat dissapointed with porsche's interior - not the quality but design - just plain ugly!!!
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by gnomik007 View Post
    I'm putting down a deposit for a blue X5 M tomorrow )))))))
    should be able to pick it up by the end of the week )))))))
    the choice was between cayenne turbo and bmw, but to be honest I was somewhat dissapointed with porsche's interior - not the quality but design - just plain ugly!!!
    Great car you have chosen! Cayenne turbo is more then ''old'' to be purchased now... Next one will be better, i hope...

One thing that confusing me about X5/X6 M is lack of wider body...
    Wheel arches on M are smaller than those on a regular X5/X6 with sportpacket....

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    kju-

i predict land rover will make something that will redefine what an X6M and cayenne turbo should be capable of. the next RR sport supercharged will weigh over half a ton less and still retain its off road prowess.
    That is a BOLD claim. Would be amazing if they accomplish that, but I would not hold my breath!.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    That is a BOLD claim. Would be amazing if they accomplish that, but I would not hold my breath!.

Ben
    consider it done ben. since beginning ownership of an LR i've worked hard to catch up on the "inside line" of the LR world- as i have in the audi world- and my sources are pretty darn good.

consider this. not one body panel on the current RR's is aluminum. imagine the whole car with the jaguar aluminum frame construction- i.e. the new XJ-long wheelbase version weighs 4300 lbs- just 300 lbs more than an S4.

...you get the idea!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I guess in 2012-2013 we will see new "green" chassis and cars

Quote Originally Posted by kju View Post
    sorry but WHO cares about OFF ROAD ability if you buy a Porsche(!) Cayenne Turbo S or a X5M? This are big safe strong cars perfect for street and designed for street. Not even one of this manufactures say or advertise that their cars are good offroader. They just have advantages against a VW Golf front wheel drive in 5 cm snow street.
    I just cant read it anymore "oh my god the X5M and turbo s are sooooo bad offroad......and have to towed out from a range rover OMG"<- who cares

i think u dont know what utility means ?? it doesnt mean MUD SNOW or OFFROAD. it just means big trunk 4 doors big safe heavy much space. i mean i speak german but looks like even i know better what words in english means than most english speaking persons....
    All these trucks are classified "SUV" by their respective manufacturers so don't get your panties twisted here.
    They all pretend to be SUVs with their brick like aerodynamics,if they didn't they would be designed to look like station wagons that in essence they really are.
    If they are not supposed to be Suvs ,as you say,why build them to look that way (with all the disadvantages involved)?:eye:
    S63TT

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    consider this. not one body panel on the current RR's is aluminum. imagine the whole car with the jaguar aluminum frame construction- i.e. the new XJ-long wheelbase version weighs 4300 lbs- just 300 lbs more than an S4.

...you get the idea!
    But also keep in mind, that the all aluminum A8 only weighs about 150kgs less than the steel AWD 7 Series... not half a ton, or 450kgs. Also, I am curious if Land Rover wants that aluminum space frame cost factored into their already priciest in class SUV.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Picked up my new baby last Friday, the car is awesome ))

nice one car
    what options have you ordered?

Wicked toy...

Are those winter or summer tyres on it...? ))

Quote Originally Posted by gnomik007 View Post
    Picked up my new baby last Friday, the car is awesome ))
    crazy one....would buy the X6 if i would have the money ^^

The car is fully optioned and considering it is REAL winter here in Moscow I got stock winter wheels installed. The choice was obviously between the X5 & the X6, but imho X5 looks better and it has 5 seats with larger trunk, so me thought it was a more practical (if this adj. could be applied here ) car.