Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X5M vs Turbo S vs Jeep SRT8 vs Range Rover sport

No 1 X5M vs Turbo S vs Jeep SRT8 vs Range Rover sport

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Wow... I'm impressed with the X5M. $50K less than the Porsche and every bit the same in the speed department. And dare I say, better looking as well!

I think they recently had a similar result comparing the new 5 Series GT to the Panamera.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

being the owner of a 2010 RRS supercharged i protest the lack of off-road evaluation in this test- the rover would have brutalized the others, and probably been needed to pull the others out when they got stuck!

and 100 times out of 100 would buy this car again over ANY of the others.

so there
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    being the owner of a 2010 RRS supercharged i protest the lack of off-road evaluation in this test- the rover would have brutalized the others, and probably been needed to pull the others out when they got stuck!
    A good point, and one made by C&D. They admitted the results would have been different.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

A similar comparison might bi on TopGear this weekend, including this little chap

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/tg-...sals?imageNo=2

I do like the new RRS, but unfortunately It simply has absolutely little headroom, I'm 190cm and in the lowest seat position my head is touching the roof - not good. I would choose either M cars any minute.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    A similar comparison might bi on TopGear this weekend, including this little chap

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/tg-...sals?imageNo=2
    great,sounds very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Wow... I'm impressed with the X5M. $50K less than the Porsche and every bit the same in the speed department. And dare I say, better looking as well!
    Please Ben , have in mind that Cayenne is here for some seven years allmost... I'm very courious to find out how will next Cayenne perform against the concurention...

and 100 times out of 100 would buy this car again over ANY of the others.

so there
    I think that you don't have many options but to to brag about RR, you have one after all ...

Honestly, I JUST LOVE the looks of that car... It looks perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Please Ben , have in mind that Cayenne is here for some seven years allmost... I'm very courious to find out how will next Cayenne perform against the concurention...

True that... but the Cayenne was never the looker from day one.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Anyone here so impressed by the numbers please remember not to judge any car/truck by these numbers alone.
    Please take the X5M for a test drive and after you return to dealer with your kidneys bleeding you will have a bit different view of these vehicles.
    All four of these trucks call themselves "SUV" but only one of them is really that(Range Rover),while the rest are just tall station wagons ,never designed to tackle any mud or real snow (10" and more).
    X5M in particular,looks like it was designed to impress with the performance on paper,everywhere else it is a torture on regular roads (potholes,rail crossings and all) and not able to go off road anywhere.
    The real winner here is the new Range Rover,very capable off road,cosseting on normal roads and still providing performance that just a few years ago was attainable only by supercars.
    S63TT

why rrsport wasn't tested in the top gear track?

It can't do a full lap on a single tank

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    It can't do a full lap on a single tank

If we are talking about all that SUV needs, VW Touareg R50 is tha best option...

the top gear test should have included the RR sport. true.

what absent says is also true- off road- only the rover goes- even with Y rated tires. our old sport got out of beach sand right where a jacked up jeep wrangler got bogged down and stuck for 15 minutes last summer lol. here were are rolling out with the a/c going and a baby in the back seat, while the dude next to us is digging his jeep out with a shovel trying to get it out. i probably should have offered to pull him out with a rope.

ps- we plan on doing the nor cal land rover challenge course in a couple of years when the babies are old enough to go with. who says the only "performance" that can be fun is track performance!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

the top gear test should have included the RR sport. true.

what absent says is also true- off road- only the rover goes- even with Y rated tires. our old sport got out of beach sand right where a jacked up jeep wrangler got bogged down and stuck for 15 minutes last summer lol. here were are rolling out with the a/c going and a baby in the back seat, while the dude next to us is digging his jeep out with a shovel trying to get it out. i probably should have offered to pull him out with a rope.

ps- we plan on doing the nor cal land rover challenge course in a couple of years when the babies are old enough to go with. who says the only "performance" that can be fun is track performance!
    Only in Range Rover you can "have your cake and it it too...":cool2:
    S63TT

Well, in the end, there is only one...

Q7 V12 TDI is Top Gear's SUV of the year!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/car...ear?imageNo=13