Thread: Got the car out...

Got the car out...

I'm getting a wierd but not odd feeling.. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thing pins you now!

everything went in Perfectly, no issues at all. The Wagners and shrouds went in eazy, not sure what all the Hoopla was about..
    Anyway going along at lets say 60 kph so i dount sound lik i'm breaking the speadlimit, Punch it wham!

I hit 180 kmph in no time honestly i would say it must have been 5-6 seconds, and this is on a cold road... I need to get my Vbox out and do some runs..

the only thing i have left to put on right now is the gutted down pipes, but I'm HAPPY!!!

thanks for all the help from Everyone here and EPL.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Awesome! I know the feeling!,,,my Indy didn't have problem with wagners that he wasn't already aware of, ie small trimming of front for bumper....did delete fogs?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Awesome! I know the feeling!,,,my Indy didn't have problem with wagners that he wasn't already aware of, ie small trimming of front for bumper....did delete fogs?
    No i'm keeping them for now, might do it later on. I want to find a way to keep some sort of fog light(driving)

WOW this thing moves now!
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Such a sleeper, cosworth engine
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Well yeah, the Wagner's just fall right into place when you have nothing to do with the actual installation
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Well yeah, the Wagner's just fall right into place when you have nothing to do with the actual installation
    LOL ok i dint actually do it, I was there and they said it was no issue at all.

To be fair, I've only installed one set of Wagner's, and that was on Jame's (JRS-RS6) car. My issues were that the upper mounting studs were improperly spaced, and were over-sized. This made it hard to seat the intercoolers into their mounting grommets, and when they were seated, they wanted to "pop" back out. When they were finally secured in place, the intercooler cores were pressed up against the frame rail due to the sheer size of them. This concerned me, as they could technically rub through due to vibration, but probably not really an issue. I had to do major surgery to the carbon shrouds on multiple occasions to get the bumper to slide on and off freely, although this is more of an issue if you decide to retain the fog lamps. With out the fog lamp brackets, clearance is much less of an issue.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Congrats and sounds like you are in business! I look forward to your continued impressions.

Drive on and watch out Targets of Opportunity
    210K miles rolled

Palette good to hear things are going well. My Wagner install was like yours (did it myself though), Went fairly smooth and fit without any trimming or rubbing although the grommets V8weight mentioned were tight, but mine did not pop out, I did lubricated them with a touch of Dow Corning 111 Silicone grease before install.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA