Thread: DRC vs Bilstein/Koni Struts.

Hybrid View

You are exactly right about the suspension. Once the DRC is completely removed, all of the supsension control arms are the exact same as the A6, although a couple of the RS6 bits have a different part #, only becuase a couple of the pieces have stiffer bushings, but other than that, the arms are identical and fully interchangeable.
    One thing I've learned though is don't go cheap. The car is expensive and had a complex suspension with the idea to make it better than the A6. Buy a top of the line suspension in order to keep it top of the line handling. As far as the RS4, the RS6 only weights just under 100lbs more so with the right setup it has much of the same capabilities to run around a track faster using the extra Torque to make up for some of the slight time it looses in the corners as the RS4 is balances a little better. Of course the RS4's DRC has been failing miserably too, check out the RS4 forums, a lot of unhappy owners there.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    You are exactly right about the suspension. Once the DRC is completely removed, all of the supsension control arms are the exact same as the A6, although a couple of the RS6 bits have a different part #, only becuase a couple of the pieces have stiffer bushings, but other than that, the arms are identical and fully interchangeable.
    One thing I've learned though is don't go cheap. The car is expensive and had a complex suspension with the idea to make it better than the A6. Buy a top of the line suspension in order to keep it top of the line handling. As far as the RS4, the RS6 only weights just under 100lbs more so with the right setup it has much of the same capabilities to run around a track faster using the extra Torque to make up for some of the slight time it looses in the corners as the RS4 is balances a little better. Of course the RS4's DRC has been failing miserably too, check out the RS4 forums, a lot of unhappy owners there.
    What I meant about going cheap, was not buying a RS6 specific setup...

I am not a fan of coil-over setups. They usually sacrifice ride quality too much . That may not bother a younger man, but I am getting old I suppose. Struts and springs can do the same exact thing for a lot less money, if in fact money is an issue. Perhaps it is not an issue for many of those that own this car, but why spend more than you have to? Larger sway bars will make up for the DRC, although the ride might be harsher on uneven roads.

Anyway,my wife would kill me if I made the car too stiff. This is our new family sedan.. I have a 475 HP stage 3 S4 for Limerock...