Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raced an R8 Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yep,

The special air shifted Lenco quattro.
    Sweet! What's a performance car with out a lever for every gear?
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    True, I've had mine at the dragstrip a few times, and tried various launch techniques. I can say for certain that it won't rev past 2000rpm while brake boosting.

I will try again, I must be off on my estimation as I wasnt watching the tach. I definitely was on the gas while on the brake and had no issues. Doesnt really really matter, outcome is what it is with the race that was the point of the thread.

DHAll suggested there is a better technique with this car?
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

Thats funny I also ran into an R8 and I also had blown an intercooler hose straight off. He couldnt keep up with me at all, but I do have Unitronics software.

Where are you located in VA?
    Unitronic tuned RS6, K04 powered A4

roflmao@dave. Friggin' classic!!

On the R8, I'm assuming it's not the new V10? I've always maintained that the original V8 R8 was just too underpowered.

Cheaper to go with the R8 V8 and put and MTM supercharger on it then it will be much faster than the V10 for less $$.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

hehe just for you Greg.

Actually, after 20k miles you will end up taking off the MTM supercharger 3 times to clean the intake valves of carbon. It may cost more than the V10.

But, hey the V10 may end up with the same carbon deposit problems.

For my .02c it would be the PES supercharger on the R8.

I have run all cars....

I have 2 friends who own a DCT M3 and V8 R8, and I smoke both of them with my RS6 C5 - APR software upgrade & AT upgrade & Remus cat back. Whether it be off the line, or rolling start. There isnt much in it, maximum 1 car length or less, but I always have my nose in front.

Glad you're defending the marque but I'm not sure 1 car length constitutes "smoking" someone. If I got beat by 1 or even 2 car lengths I would say it was very close, not that I got smoked. But give 'em hell.

My car is stock, we plan to run again after I upgrade the software. This will now be delayed as today I got a check engine light. Once i get this corrected we will run again and I will get it on video.

I agree that there is not a lot of bang for your buck with an R8 (V8), the car looks and sounds great but the performance does not match the price.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

just had the dealer run diagnostics again as the check engine light came back on, come to find out that some hoses were deteriorated so I was losing air to the engine. The car defintely feels better now. Just heads up for others. Hopefully this is the only problem so I can get my Utronics upgrade and have another race. Looks like it will be a while with the 2' of snow we are currently getting.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

Quote Originally Posted by RS6VA View Post
    I will try again, I must be off on my estimation as I wasnt watching the tach. I definitely was on the gas while on the brake and had no issues. Doesnt really really matter, outcome is what it is with the race that was the point of the thread.

DHAll suggested there is a better technique with this car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost+V8=:) View Post
    Thats funny I also ran into an R8 and I also had blown an intercooler hose straight off. He couldnt keep up with me at all, but I do have Unitronics software.

We need to get together sometime, maybe at the track when it opens next summer. Im in Va Bch. I am thinking of getting the Unitronic tune myself. Seeing as to how easy my Trans replacement went, I'm not as concerned about Warranty issues.

Summit point is about 35 minutes from here, VIR is a good 90 minutes plus so let me know. There are a couple of other RS6's running around here but I dont think they are on this forum. I would like to get some R compund tires and upgraded suspension first but I'm game.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

Quote Originally Posted by Boost+V8=:) View Post

Ashburn, about 5-10 minutes from Dulles airport.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged