Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My R8 has finally arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    could also be akoya silver, a color that has been largely ignored but that is even more beautiful than suzuka.

threadjack- were i to order one it'd be akoya or apollo silver exterior with the classic red interior audi exclusive package 2- but red only on the lower doors and seats- and contrasting red stitching on the remaining leather- which would be classic black.
    Excellent taste. Apollo Silver or Suzuka Grey with Classic Red/Black interior is by far the best combinations for R8 V10, IMHO.

Regarding Alabaster White leather... I saw one year old S5 with that leather color... Totally awfull looking. Do NOT wear any jeans or soemthing similar. Sorry to say but, that leather color ages very badly. It only look nice when totally new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehinder View Post
    What exterior color is that?
    Suzuka grey!
    Suzuka grey matte coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by streetrod454 View Post
    We have similar tastes, my interior is going to be Alabaster White and palace blue but with more blue on the seats as I think the white will get dirty quickly.

Can I ask a couple of questions. I have also specked the bucket seats but forgot to ask what happens the standard fit seat heater buttons as the buckets are not heated?

Also how do the the ceramic brakes feel on the street?
    I have no idea about those buttons becausE the local weather is still hot. Next tiem I must test them...

I am still braking in the ceramic brakes so not much experience can be shared with you. The first impression about these brakes is postitve feedback through the pedel with very quick response ...Maybe some guy on here can share his experience with us?

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Excellent taste. Apollo Silver or Suzuka Grey with Classic Red/Black interior is by far the best combinations for R8 V10, IMHO.

Regarding Alabaster White leather... I saw one year old S5 with that leather color... Totally awfull looking. Do NOT wear any jeans or soemthing similar. Sorry to say but, that leather color ages very badly. It only look nice when totally new.
    Yes that's what I am also afraid of.....However I think the leather will be lasting longer because this R8 is just my Sunday ride. Jus tneed to know how to ake care of it....

Quote Originally Posted by Chuangs4 View Post
    Yes that's what I am also afraid of.....However I think the leather will be lasting longer because this R8 is just my Sunday ride. Jus tneed to know how to ake care of it....
    we had a range rover with white leather. you just need a bit of extra attention to it. pretreat your car with swisswax leather glaze asap. will make it clean up easier and resist creasing. then, wipe it with a bit of swisswax leather cleaner as needed. we did this with our car and never had any real issues! just requires frequent cleaning- so no problem.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

damn. is this you house ? or is this the showroom of the Audi dealer ?? grat r8 besides ^^- (except the exteriour colour. i mean silver is just to common...it has at least to be this ibiswhite or what it is called...)

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    we had a range rover with white leather. you just need a bit of extra attention to it. pretreat your car with swisswax leather glaze asap. will make it clean up easier and resist creasing. then, wipe it with a bit of swisswax leather cleaner as needed. we did this with our car and never had any real issues! just requires frequent cleaning- so no problem.
    Thanks RXGB. I must find those Swisswax asaps even they are very expensive.....Do you have some source for me to purchase them on line?

Quote Originally Posted by kju View Post
    damn. is this you house ? or is this the showroom of the Audi dealer ?? grat r8 besides ^^- (except the exteriour colour. i mean silver is just to common...it has at least to be this ibiswhite or what it is called...)
    That is a Suzuka grey R8 in the Audi showroom....

My dream garage is still under construction...

Quote Originally Posted by kju View Post
    That is a Suzuka grey R8 in the Audi showroom....

My dream garage is still under construction...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10106781.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	8924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10106711.jpg 
Views:	760 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	8925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10106871.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	8926  

Thanks RXGB. I must find those Swisswax asaps even they are very expensive.....Do you have some source for me to purchase them on line?

any good car place in your country should be able to get them. or go to www.swissvax.com
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

2nd on the Swissvax products. I use the Crystal Rock on my Phantom black and was stunning. Expensive yes, but nothing I have ever used looked that good.

I also will have Alabaster White on my upcoming V10. Not a full seat like yours but in the back and seat partially combined with black. I was a little concerned about the white, but with careful use and cleaning, should be fine.

Beautiful interior!
    2008 Sprint Blue/Silver RS4 Cabriolet, 2009 Space Gray/Tobacco BMW X5 Xdrive35d
    2010 R8 V10 Velvet Purple/Alabaster White-Black

Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    2nd on the Swissvax products. I use the Crystal Rock on my Phantom black and was stunning. Expensive yes, but nothing I have ever used looked that good.

I also will have Alabaster White on my upcoming V10. Not a full seat like yours but in the back and seat partially combined with black. I was a little concerned about the white, but with careful use and cleaning, should be fine.

Beautiful interior!
    What kind of bids are you getting on your car? Are you going to trade it in to the dealer for your V10?
    2008 Ferrari F430 Spider F1

Not sure if he ships internationally but I get my Swissvax products from http://www.detailersdomain.com/ . I have used their Concourso wax, cleaner fluid, and their wheel wax. All are very nice products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehinder View Post
    What kind of bids are you getting on your car? Are you going to trade it in to the dealer for your V10?
    Kind of doing a trade - gave the car to the dealer to sell a couple of months before the V10 arrives. They did the certified warranty process (which costs $5K but worth it I believe) and will do all the marketing to sell the car. Hoping to get around $100k for the "trade." We are not in any huge rush, so seemed like a good deal to maximize the amount I can get plus it gives the dealer a R8 to sit in the showroom.
    2008 Sprint Blue/Silver RS4 Cabriolet, 2009 Space Gray/Tobacco BMW X5 Xdrive35d
    2010 R8 V10 Velvet Purple/Alabaster White-Black

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
    Not sure if he ships internationally but I get my Swissvax products from http://www.detailersdomain.com/ . I have used their Concourso wax, cleaner fluid, and their wheel wax. All are very nice products.
    Thanks for the infos. I hae called a local dealer for those products. Will see the result soon!!

If you dream garage already finished?

Kind Regards

Yap....The whole garage had been built up. Here are some pics about it....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10300901..jpg 
Views:	814 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	9965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10300431..jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	9966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10300471..jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	9967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10300791..jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	9968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10300801..jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	9969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10301441..jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	9970  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10301221..jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	9971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10304791..jpg 
Views:	755 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	9972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10304761..jpg 
Views:	853 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	9973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L10304671..jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	9974  

OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!! HAHAH JESUS I never thought I'd see anything like this! Absolutley phenomenal!!