Thread: 2003 Audi RS6 runs 11.9 @ 117 MPH with only a flash!

2003 Audi RS6 runs 11.9 @ 117 MPH with only a flash!

I haven't posted on here much lately, but as some of you may remember, I developed my own software for my gray 2003 RS6. That car ran 11.59 in the 1/4 mile with my software, no cats and a little weight reduction (lightweight battery, no jack/spare, SSR rims).

Last spring I got a killer deal on a blue 2003 RS6 with 204K miles. I finally got the chance to run it at the dragstrip a few weeks ago at Englishtown, NJ. It ran 11.9 @ 117. The only mod is a custom tuned re-flash done by me. Full factory exhaust with all 4 cats intact. Race weight is 4382 pounds. 104/93 octane mix. 206K miles on the clock!

Here's the video:

http://titsup-racing.com/video/rs6/rs6_11_9.wmv

YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqE3-JzYCig

holy shit, 206k mi, that I bet has got to be the highest mileage RS6 anywhere

Wow, look at that thing launch! What was your 60ft? My car leaves the line like a turd. I struggled to get my 60ft's down to 2.0
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Thanks, it cut a 1.73 60ft.

I was about to make a post of where you went!

You are very hard to get hold of, I called, emailed, and PM'd with no response to buy your software a few months ago.

Anyways, how is the progress on the Daytona, cracking into the 10's yet?

Also how fast would you have been on just pump you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    I haven't posted on here much lately, but as some of you may remember, I developed my own software for my gray 2003 RS6. That car ran 11.59 in the 1/4 mile with my software, no cats and a little weight reduction (lightweight battery, no jack/spare, SSR rims).

Last spring I got a killer deal on a blue 2003 RS6 with 204K miles. I finally got the chance to run it at the dragstrip a few weeks ago at Englishtown, NJ. It ran 11.9 @ 117. The only mod is a custom tuned re-flash done by me. Full factory exhaust with all 4 cats intact. Race weight is 4382 pounds. 104/93 octane mix. 206K miles on the clock!

Here's the video:

http://titsup-racing.com/video/rs6/rs6_11_9.wmv

YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqE3-JzYCig
    There must have been transmission mods at some point, based on the way the trans shifted with no slip... At that speed, you must have been pushing 575HP at the crank, and I don't see how the transmission could ever handle that in stock form...

Sorry, but I've been pretty busy. Did you ever figure out the cause of your boost issue?

I haven't done much with my other RS6 except install some Wagner intercoolers. The car's been down for a bit with a blown alternator which I haven't gotten around to replacing yet.

On pump, I think the blue car would have gone 12.1-12.3 @ 113-115 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    I was about to make a post of where you went!

You are very hard to get hold of, I called, emailed, and PM'd with no response to buy your software a few months ago.

Anyways, how is the progress on the Daytona, cracking into the 10's yet?

Also how fast would you have been on just pump you think?

AFAIK, the transmission is stock. According to the service records, it was replaced by an Audi dealer at around 104K miles.

I'm not exactly sure how much power I'm making but after plugging in the race weight and trap speed, I come up with 546 HP using an online HP calculator.

My other RS6 ran 11.59 @ 119 MPH with a stock trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    There must have been transmission mods at some point, based on the way the trans shifted with no slip... At that speed, you must have been pushing 575HP at the crank, and I don't see how the transmission could ever handle that in stock form...

Damn, that's awesome! Just curious, do you know what that hot rod next to you ran? He must have had slicks to take off like that.

Yep, he was running full slicks. 10.8 @ 128 for the Chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    Damn, that's awesome! Just curious, do you know what that hot rod next to you ran? He must have had slicks to take off like that.

Very impressive!

And with 206k miles..

So is the 206 your test platform?

That is what I would use it for!
    Last edited by ben916; November 24th, 2009 at 18:58. Reason: learning to read what I typo...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

"Nice times!"

you should do what the bombers/fighters during WWII would do with kills and such..

Put emblems on the side... or would that be to "over the top"?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Sorry, but I've been pretty busy. Did you ever figure out the cause of your boost issue?

I haven't done much with my other RS6 except install some Wagner intercoolers. The car's been down for a bit with a blown alternator which I haven't gotten around to replacing yet.

On pump, I think the blue car would have gone 12.1-12.3 @ 113-115 MPH.
    I figured out the boost issue, it was a transmission issue Just got it finished being rebuilt with some extra love if you know what I mean.

Keep us updated on your beast when you can, and shoot me a message when you have a chance.