Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great looking vents - go for it!

3 25.00%
  • You're crazy to butcher an original hood for those

9 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback Time - Hood vents

hey now, nick's hood mod is both functional AND pleasing! ;-)

I saw your ad on Audizine looking for a spare 4.2 hood. I did a quick search and found one in Texas in A condition. Might be worth looking into if you want to experiment on a spare.
    G & N Auto Recycling L.L.C. USA-TX(Canutillo)
    915-877-5353
    BLACK VERY CLEAN A-0 000 stock#09L007 $300
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

I voted NO for an original hood. But if you have an extra then go for it.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    hey now, nick's hood mod is both functional AND pleasing! ;-)
    Well this one certainly won't be any less functional and, no offense to Head Shot, but I think looks a whole lot better. The lines on his do not follow the lines of the hood.

First, nice work, I searched as hard as I could and came up empty. Repeatedly. I'll check them out tomorrow.

Second, yes it's in Texas, but you yanks have got to remember how big this friggin' place is. El Paso is more than half way to California from Houston.

Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi are all closer to Houston, TX than El Paso, TX.

Regardless, truck freight is pretty constant after a certain distance so it shouldn't matter that much.

Good work my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I saw your ad on Audizine looking for a spare 4.2 hood. I did a quick search and found one in Texas in A condition. Might be worth looking into if you want to experiment on a spare.
    G & N Auto Recycling L.L.C. USA-TX(Canutillo)
    915-877-5353
    BLACK VERY CLEAN A-0 000 stock#09L007 $300
    Last edited by RS6-4dr911; November 24th, 2009 at 04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    First, nice work, I searched as hard as I could and came up empty. Repeatedly. I'll check them out tomorrow.

Second, yes it's in Texas, but you yanks have got to remember how big this friggin' place is. El Paso is more than half way to California from Houston.

Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi are all closer to Houston, TX than El Paso, TX.

Regardless, truck freight is pretty constant after a certain distance so it shouldn't matter that much.

Good work my friend.
    Ha! I know my geography, but that appears to be the only on in your state. Two notes of interest though. Most recyclers make weekly or by weekly runs into larger metro areas with loads of parts. You could possibly see if they could throw it in on a run. Also, most recyclers are networked, so you could find a local salvage yard and see if they could order the hood in for you and they'll have it shipped to them. For reference, that's a pretty good price for that hood. There isn't a single one up here in the north for under $500, and they all have notes about damage.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Unlike many people/entities in today's internet age, you are a wealth of useful information. Thanks.