View Poll Results: Are your overall satisfied with your newly installed DRC?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am content with my post-recall DRC and don't look back.

21 67.74%
  • No, I would rather have an aftermarket coil-over system (KW V3 or equivalent).

10 32.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SURVEY- Content w/New DRC?

I have it but i dont have anything to compare it to. I certainly feel that the car needs to be lowered at the very least and will also consider the sway bars.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

I had my system repaired two years ago and the car remained stable for that time. I found it a bit soft compared to my recollection of the feel of the car when new. After the recall re-do, I did not find that great of a difference but it's been fine. Maybe my recollection was not accurate of how the car was when new.

My reason for having the redo under recall was at 90,000 miles I thought having 12,000/12 month coverage would be a good idea and perhaps with new parts I'd get longer life from that system. My car also underwent a change over of all wearable suspension parts, arms, mounts etc. I have a groan when I turn which was present before the redo, but a little worse now. I suspect this is may be some part that's worn but not a problem? Don't know.

When my system first failed I was very interested in anything aftermarket since they were working on the car for three months before it was close enough!

Staying stock has been fine for me. I need a reliable daily drive in which I can take my family and not worry about an unstable suspension.

Mike

I had the update done 3 months ago at Jim Ellis in Marietta and it's still fine. The only bad side as everyone knows is the height increase. Mine isn't as great as some, I went from less than 14" from the wheel center to the fender lip to 14 1/4 front and 14 1/2 at the rear. I'm just hoping that if these "redesigned" shocks fail, they'll do it before the 12 month warranty is up.

Michael

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum! +1 to everything you said - I had mine done at JE Marietta, my car is about 14 1/4 front, 14 3/4 rear, and I definitely hope that if it fails, it better do it within the 12 months -lol. Even though it doesn't look quite as good as when the car was lower (I didn't do a before measure, but based on the after measurements, I was definitely under 14" before), the ride is better with the same good handling.

My repair is working great and I was reimbursed by Audi for the two shocks I had replaced. I'm hanging on to it until Audi has another RS model available for the States. (from what I've read, that will not be real soon)
    All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best- Occam's Razor