View Poll Results: Are your overall satisfied with your newly installed DRC?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am content with my post-recall DRC and don't look back.

21 67.74%
  • No, I would rather have an aftermarket coil-over system (KW V3 or equivalent).

10 32.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SURVEY- Content w/New DRC?

Arrow SURVEY- Content w/New DRC?

Gents,

I've been reading a lot of opinions on the new DRC systems and to my surprise, there seem to be a significant number of write-ups from owners citing their discontent with the new system.
    I plan to replace my pre-recall DRC when I return next Spring, and in preparation would like to poll the satisfaction of those who have had the update installed. The comparison being those who are satisfied with new DRC vs. those who would prefer to have an aftermarket coil-over system (all things equal, no cost added).

I admittedly don't have much patience for suspension problems/issues, so I'm trying to save myself (and hopefully others) the trouble! My sanity is worth more than $2,500 to me.

Many thanks for your input! Very interested in your thoughts...

Ross
    2003 Audi RS6- Pearl Black Effect
    Eurocharged ECU/MTM TCU, Hyperboost DV, RSN-E/BT/XM, K&N, EBC-RED

KW V3 all the wayyy
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

Keep in mind your results may be skewed a bit since malcontents tend to participate in such polls and members here are more particular than the average owner at large.

Anyway, count me as one of the "satisfieds" (knock wood). I've been pleased with the results - the ride height, the ride and the handling. I do not track the car and so ultimate performance is not my goal. Depending on your priorities, sticking with the DRC II may or may not be the best route.

Double check the letter, your window for replacement is closing, perhaps even before you get back - anybody confirm the date here? In spite of my satisfied status, I might be inclined to get my DRC inspected and found to be faulty, then replace with the KW setup and get reimbursed. Anybody know if this is an option? Or did you have to have already replaced it prior to the letter in order to get reimbursement?

100% DRC all the way.

You need a dealer that knows wtf he/she is doing and your golden.

Call Greg and HyOctane when your back. They have the connections to get it done right the first time.

Satisfied

DRC replacement done about 2 months ago at Audi Northshore in Milwaukee. No performance issues, although ride height seems 1/2 inch high all around. When (if, to be more optimistic) it fails, I would pester the tech to reduce the ride height, but for now, I will leave well-enough alone.

This poll should be worded differently IMO. The two choices do not address the actual scenarios we have seen unfold. Example:

A. Yes, I am content with my post-recall DRC installation and performance,

B. No, I was not satisfied with a properly functioning DRC system and plan to go after market,

C. No, the install was not done right and I am now going to an aftermarket system.

D. They messed up the install the first time, but got it right the second time. And I like it.

SAF-

I see your point, but I'm interested in finding out how many owners are happy with a fully functioning post-recall DRC system- period. The poll value becomes a little disjointed otherwise; so, I just kept it simple.
    I suppose I should have been more clear about a "full functioning, correctly installed post-recall DRC", eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    This poll should be worded differently IMO. The two choices do not address the actual scenarios we have seen unfold. Example:

A. Yes, I am content with my post-recall DRC installation and performance,

B. No, I was not satisfied with a properly functioning DRC system and plan to go after market,

C. No, the install was not done right and I am now going to an aftermarket system.

D. They messed up the install the first time, but got it right the second time. And I like it.

Interesting you would choose DRC, Dhall; I figured you for a KW V3 guy all the way...
    Either way- DRC or KW V3, I'll be using Greg's contact. I know he's had excellent luck with him and...let's just say I'll have some work to do when I return. I think Bob at Stratmosphere was able to go home from work early yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    100% DRC all the way.

You need a dealer that knows wtf he/she is doing and your golden.

Call Greg and HyOctane when your back. They have the connections to get it done right the first time.

Well, my RS6 is not my track day speedster but I can still wheel the thing pretty well. DRC is a nice design and I have added the Hotchkis sways to help things along.

The combo of DRC + Hotchkis works for me. Ask Greg or John from 2009 Julian Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Interesting you would choose DRC, Dhall; I figured you for a KW V3 guy all the way...
    Either way- DRC or KW V3, I'll be using Greg's contact. I know he's had excellent luck with him and...let's just say I'll have some work to do when I return. I think Bob at Stratmosphere was able to go home from work early yesterday...

And another point. How many guys would be happier with KW V3's or another aftermarket system if they've never tried it. I think the consensus from those that have went aftermarket is more consistently happy with their systems than the DRC guys. And I would say that most who have swapped out the DRC have no worry's about their systems failing like that looming over the DRC. I have no time to drive over an hour to my dealer for him to try to do the DRC right. I want it done right the first time, and reliable for more than the 12 month warranty.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

DRC Ticket from dealer

For reference; if anyone is interested, this is what I got from the dealer as documentation for the repair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRC Ticket.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	8878  
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

After 2 dealers and 3 repairs - happy with the DRC ( knock wood!)

I have yet to drive my car but will report after doing so. This dealer seems to be on point so I am hoping for the best.
    03 RS6 DG Eurocharged

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    SAF-

I see your point, but I'm interested in finding out how many owners are happy with a fully functioning post-recall DRC system- period. The poll value becomes a little disjointed otherwise; so, I just kept it simple.
    I suppose I should have been more clear about a "full functioning, correctly installed post-recall DRC", eh?
    Understood, and a great thread BTW. (though I forgot to actually answer your question after first setting up the reason for my long answer).

I was always pleased with my DRC when it was working properly. If Audi had not stepped up and offered this "service action" free of charge with redesigned struts and a tool allowing recharge of the central valves, I would definetely have gone with an aftermarket set up eventually.

Why? Strictly the economics of reliabilty. My fourth and final failure came when I was out of CPO warranty and two weeks away from the end of it's 12 month service warranty. It was the longest it had lasted, but felt great during that time. The first time that the replacement cost would have been on me, I'd have said Adios DRC.

My biggest concern with this one-time action is that it only carries a 12 month warranty. I am hoping it will last as intended this time. I am 4 months into it now, and truly believe that a properly working DRC is the best all-around suspension for this car - which was the purpose of its being designed specifically for this car in the first place.

So IMO, you should give it a chance and take advantage of this new (and limited time) offer if at all possible. Then, after driving the results first hand, decide whether or not you want to spend the money on an aftermarket system.

3 or 4 months on correctly fixed DRC. Satisfied, I have not pushed car hard or on a track but it feels like it 'should' (not that i remember as i have had repeated suspension/DRC issues). Never driven or been in an aftermarket suspension RS6 so no reference for me there if worth it over functioning DRC.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I'm happy with my new DRC.

Results are looking good for the new DRC, so far- 3 to 1 are satisfied. This number reflects a different answer than recent threads lead to believe.

At this rate, I'll be giving the DRC a go. My main concerns are ride height and longevity. Worse case, if I'm still not happy KW V3 has a proven solution.

Please, keep the input coming!

TTT...

Surely there are more of you that have had the new DRC installed?