Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torque converter and Valve body at IPT for rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino315 View Post
    How it's been since you put APR ECU/TCU upgrades? I did mine two months ago also with diverter valves and APR exhaust and last but not least I had installed a turbo gage in my steering column, besides, now I am starting to deal with the TC issue. I thing I will go with ACE Converters since they told me you don't have to send yours, they built one from scratch for you in about 4 to 5 days. What do you think about that also, any suggestions? By the way, I am the guy that is paraplegic and I have special hand controls in my Rhino beast.
    Hey rhino,
    Any way we could have a gander? I'm very interested in that. And sorry in advance if I offended ya;-)
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I remember your thread on the TC. How did that come out? You going over to tozo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino315 View Post
    How it's been since you put APR ECU/TCU upgrades? I did mine two months ago also with diverter valves and APR exhaust and last but not least I had installed a turbo gage in my steering column, besides, now I am starting to deal with the TC issue. I thing I will go with ACE Converters since they told me you don't have to send yours, they built one from scratch for you in about 4 to 5 days. What do you think about that also, any suggestions? By the way, I am the guy that is paraplegic and I have special hand controls in my Rhino beast.

FYI, my TC has been out now for over 2 weeks. It was sent out for re-build (IPT, IIRC), and I got some song and dance about how they were moving to a new shop, so it was delayed. Then, they sent the wrong gasket. STILL nothing from the shop!

See what I'm talking about with this RS6?!

DHall...check your email. Bad news...

CW

CW,

IPT is not the best company. There are owners on the forum that literally spit nails when you mention IPT.

Not the RS6 fault. Should have gone with a brand new Audi TC.

Yes, that does suck....I'm sorry and we need to have a beer the next time I go thru Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by CornersWell View Post
    FYI, my TC has been out now for over 2 weeks. It was sent out for re-build (IPT, IIRC), and I got some song and dance about how they were moving to a new shop, so it was delayed. Then, they sent the wrong gasket. STILL nothing from the shop!

See what I'm talking about with this RS6?!

DHall...check your email. Bad news...

CW

Ty's (IPT rep) word is not worth much. He sent various emails to me about the status of my rebuild that were not based in fact. With that said- the tranny rebuild is still holding up with approx 20K miles on it. If you are dealing with him, I wish you luck.

Hmmm- I did a search and know I've posted some comments about IPT previously. However; those previous posts are not showing up in my queries???
    210K miles rolled

IPT has a bad rep on other sites as well. IPT and Level 10 both are pretty iffy.

Had anyone ever contacted Precision Industries for TC's? I have their TC in my 300ZX and have had no issues, even sent it back in for a triple lock up clutch upgrade and stall change not long ago.

http://www.converter.com
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

dmross(sp) sent his car over to IPT. I remember him saying it was a complete cluster f... of a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Ty's (IPT rep) word is not worth much. He sent various emails to me about the status of my rebuild that were not based in fact. With that said- the tranny rebuild is still holding up with approx 20K miles on it. If you are dealing with him, I wish you luck.

Hmmm- I did a search and know I've posted some comments about IPT previously. However; those previous posts are not showing up in my queries???

I felt alright doing it because NGP Racing has worked with them previously. But, obviously, this is going nowhere. I've been polite, but I'll be dropping by the shop soon. Had other things on my plate to deal with. However, this is getting absurd. So far, 15 calendar days at the shop...

CW

Jeez, that is awful. Isnt there another shop up there called 517 trans? I know nothing of reputation, other then reading a very long thread about IPT and Level10 on AZ. Why not call and ask for them to stop work, call 517 before hand, explain it and ask if they can take over?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Stopped by the shop, and everything is buttoned up. They were doing testing yesterday and this morning and tweaking. So, THANKFULLY, we're nearing the end of this fiasco. That said, no explanations were offered. I'm expecting an apology for the delay AND an explanation when I go to pick it up.

CW

Tell em Maxwell sent you and I'm sure they will provide a premium billing (in lieu of a discount)...LOL

Actually- if you would- kick Ty in the chestnuts and tell him Merry Christmas from his Arkansas friend..;0
    210K miles rolled

Like I said. Mention IPT and a few members start spitting bullets.

;-)

Well, on the 17th calendar day after dropping it off, the RS6 is back. FINALLY!

So far as I can tell, everything's working properly.

Nice to have it back. Now I have to deal with the lovely door ding some Ahole put in my rear passenger door. Big one, too. And, the Avus color's gonna be a b*tch to work with...

Hoping to review some security camera footage soon. If we can identify the fncker, I'll be contacting them through the local PD.

CW

Congrats on having it back!- and rats about the a$$hole dinger
    210K miles rolled

Git that sumbitch!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth