Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 19 to 36 of 51

Thread: Torque converter and Valve body at IPT for rebuild.

  1. #19
    Admin Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12,026
    Thanks Benman.

    Don't be afraid, please feel free to catch on where the topic was lost
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

  2. #20
    Registered User Innovator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Menands NY
    Posts
    111
    And now, nobody has anything to add :-)

  3. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93
    Innovator - No first hand experience yet? Are the parts getting installed?

    I pick my car up Sunday and then I have a nice 5 hour drive back home... on the PA turnpike - UGH. At least I remembered to pack my V1.

  4. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,738
    Yeah the smack down will do it every time.

    How is the car? Feedback yet?

  5. #23
    Registered User Innovator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Menands NY
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by dmross View Post
    Innovator - No first hand experience yet? Are the parts getting installed?

    I pick my car up Sunday and then I have a nice 5 hour drive back home... on the PA turnpike - UGH. At least I remembered to pack my V1.
    I've had it done since Friday. The tranny is not 100%....

  6. #24
    Registered User LIRS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    I've had it done since Friday. The tranny is not 100%....
    Ugh - sorry to hear. What's going on?
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

  7. #25
    Moderator Benman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Temecula, CA USA
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    I've had it done since Friday. The tranny is not 100%....
    OMG!!! VERY sorry to hear!!!

    Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

  8. #26
    Registered User p3u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    I've had it done since Friday. The tranny is not 100%....
    Sorry to hear that, what is going on with it now?

    Maybe the clutch packs are work out?

  9. #27
    Registered User Innovator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Menands NY
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Sorry to hear that, what is going on with it now?

    Maybe the clutch packs are work out?
    Yea, that would be it.. It whines a little in first gear, and seems to slip a little from first to second when you wind it out.

    It's gonna have to stay in stock mode until I get a new trans.Also, the DRC isn't right. The recall was just done in September, but the rear seems bouncey and it bangs a little over bumps.

    Overall, I did not get a very good deal on this car. By the time I'm done fixing it up, I'll have another 8K in it...

  10. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    93
    So is your problem with the newly rebuilt TQ converter? I thought new clutch packs were part of the TQ converter rebuild?

  11. #29
    Registered User Innovator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Menands NY
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by dmross View Post
    So is your problem with the newly rebuilt TQ converter? I thought new clutch packs were part of the TQ converter rebuild?
    No, the transmission is at fault, not the TC.

  12. #30
    Registered User ben916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, WA
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Sorry to everyone I had to delete. I basically did all post OT.

    The RP ones were especially painfull to delete but we must respect this is Eric's property and he IS at Liberty to enforce HIS rules. This is HIS Household.

    Ben
    I missed it... probably for the better
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

  13. #31
    Registered User TozoM8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    448
    If it whines then the TC is bad. The impeller is binding in it. Did you replace the fluid/filter?
    05 Cayenne turbo

  14. #32
    Registered User Innovator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Menands NY
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    If it whines then the TC is bad. The impeller is binding in it. Did you replace the fluid/filter?
    Yes. 10 liters of fluid and a new filter.


    It wasn't whining before I installed the new converter. Hmm... Why do you think its the converter? It seems to get better as it warms up....

  15. #33
    Registered User TozoM8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    448

    Sounds low.

    The A/S8 needs 11L and the RS6 have bigger TC. I put almost 12L in p3u's tranny. One more thing could cause the whine. If the filter pickup pipe is too long. Audi changed the pan design in 99'-00'. the newer pans are 12mm shallower. If your supplier gave you and old design filter, the pipe is only 2mm from the bottom. i always cut off 12-14mm of the pipe. If you have a small dent on the pan the heat will pop it in even more. you can see the shadow of th debris ring on the bottom of the pan, the pipe was very close.
    05 Cayenne turbo

  16. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,738
    Rick,

    Did you recheck the fluid level?

    http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl...servicing.html

  17. #35
    Registered User Innovator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Menands NY
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    The A/S8 needs 11L and the RS6 have bigger TC. I put almost 12L in p3u's tranny. One more thing could cause the whine. If the filter pickup pipe is too long. Audi changed the pan design in 99'-00'. the newer pans are 12mm shallower. If your supplier gave you and old design filter, the pipe is only 2mm from the bottom. i always cut off 12-14mm of the pipe. If you have a small dent on the pan the heat will pop it in even more. you can see the shadow of th debris ring on the bottom of the pan, the pipe was very close.
    No, we hooked the VAG to it and made sure it starts dripping at 30C.. Maybe the filter they gave me is wrong. Either way, it whines and the traction control light blinks if I give it any kind of pedal. It was shifting perfectly when I got it, aside from the lockup malfunction.

  18. #36
    Registered User Rhino315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great Lakes Brewers Shores
    Posts
    49
    How it's been since you put APR ECU/TCU upgrades? I did mine two months ago also with diverter valves and APR exhaust and last but not least I had installed a turbo gage in my steering column, besides, now I am starting to deal with the TC issue. I thing I will go with ACE Converters since they told me you don't have to send yours, they built one from scratch for you in about 4 to 5 days. What do you think about that also, any suggestions? By the way, I am the guy that is paraplegic and I have special hand controls in my Rhino beast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •