Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my RS6 Thursday, but I also got a bad suprise.

Rick,

Could the same be done with the engine/trans left on the floor using wood blocks to hold up and balance? Next raise the shell leaving the engine/trans on the ground. Then use the cherry picker to move the assembly around.

So no engine hoist/cherry picker is needed in your R/R. Just the vehicle lift.

Did you take any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    You will need a metal table on wheels that can handle 1000 lbs+

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Rick,

Could the same be done with the engine/trans left on the floor using wood blocks to hold up and balance? Next raise the shell leaving the engine/trans on the ground. Then use the cherry picker to move the assembly around.

So no engine hoist/cherry picker is needed in your R/R. Just the vehicle lift.

Did you take any pics?
    You can use 55 gallon drums. We still do that even though it seems cobb.. Bottom line, it has to be stable and hold the weight. Three 55 gallon drums work like a charm. In fact, we will be setting the assembly on three drums, as we need our table for another job next week. We will move it with an engine hoist on wheels.

I'll take some pics on Monday..

Quote Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
    I am sending them the TC and the valve body. Actually, to save time, I'm driving down to them...
    Thanks for the reply. Now my next question is, are you taking them brand new one's, or are you taking the blown one's? sorry for all of the questions, but I'm trying to plan for this. I figure it's only a matter of time. Per DHall's insistance I'm purchasing a 3 year Fidlelity Warranty and am trying to make sure that if/when the TC goes out I do it right so that I end up putting a stronger valve body and TC in. Thanks again.

Audi needs to give me commissions on all the Fidelity plans I have sold.

:eye:

"I think" IPT takes the old stuff and reworks the valve body and exchanges the TC with a reman/performance unit.

Please correct if needed because we have several members heading down this road. Me someday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiRS4ever View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Now my next question is, are you taking them brand new one's, or are you taking the blown one's? sorry for all of the questions, but I'm trying to plan for this. I figure it's only a matter of time. Per DHall's insistance I'm purchasing a 3 year Fidlelity Warranty and am trying to make sure that if/when the TC goes out I do it right so that I end up putting a stronger valve body and TC in. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Audi needs to give me commissions on all the Fidelity plans I have sold.

:eye:

"I think" IPT takes the old stuff and reworks the valve body and exchanges the TC with a reman/performance unit.

Please correct if needed because we have several members heading down this road. Me someday as well.
    Funny you say that, because when I called my friend in Denver and told him I wanted a quote for one he asked me why I had the sudden change of heart (other than the intercoolers I just purchased). I told him a buddy of mine online mentions it to me everytime I talk about a problem with the car. So you really should get a commission.

Also, thanks for telling me how they are doing the TC and VB. I am really thinking about buying them both and then sending them off so when mine finally does go I can just put the new ones in. Probably not the best way to spend money, but it's a thought.

lol@dave, i think you mean FIDELITY needs to cut you a commission cheque, Audi don't get anything ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    lol@dave, i think you mean FIDELITY needs to cut you a commission cheque, Audi don't get anything ;-)
    Actually the dealer will get a commission just like any insurance salesman.

And AoA gets the money in the bank until we break something.

At my rate, AoA is making money on my investment. My car wont break down. knock knock

But a hedge is a hedge. I can drive for 6yrs without breaking a sweat. That there is priceless. Not to mention the potential "get rid of that money pit" from the you know who if the you know what starts to break down with 7-8-9k service invoices.

Just put it on my Fidelity tab please. Honey lets go to dinner tonight.