I went down to NYC the other day to pick up the car. I ended up getting the 44,000 Ebony Pearl with White leather and CF trim. The car had may aftermarket options,and I paid 27K.

So I was happily driving home to Albany NY. The front tires were smoked, and making noise, but overall the car was running great.

On the way home, I noticed that the car was reving higher at 80 MPH than it was when I started the trip, and then, the CEL came on. I knew what is was, just by the symptoms and higher revs.

When I got to my shop, I hooked the VAG to the car, and pulled a 17125 (Torque converter code). That really sucked, because I knew what that entailed, and I had no warranty, since the extended warranty has a grace period.

So I call the guy I bought it from, who claimed he had never had a problem with it. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. I just don't know. But he did agree to give me 2,000 dollars toward the repair, which was better than him saying to piss off, which he could have.

Anyway, now, I am trying to figure out where I should get the converter from, and whether or not I should have the valve body reworked as well, since I hear that they also cause the converter to slip. I called IPT and Level 10. Total cost from either is about 1200 dollars for both the TC and valve body modification.I will be doing the labor at my shop.

Does anyone have any experiance with either, and if so, Who do you think is my best shot?

Thanks, Rick