Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner with questions

New owner with questions

Hi all, just purchased a daytona grey with black interior with piping 54k. Car rides good, great shape owned by audi enthusiast with some rare audi's. Had a few questions for you.

Warranty, got a quote from easy care, will audi still sell me a Fidelity? (3k quote for 24 mos on easy care)

Have all the maintaince records from previous owner, lots of work done, looks like struts shocks and various others. Should I get the DRC recall done now or does it expire?

Thinking of chipping the car with APR chip, any problems with warranty considering the stealth mode?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Welcome aboard!

Which car did you buy? Pics!

Always opt for the Fidelity ext warranty and yes they still offer the plans. Hurry and get one. At your mileage....4/48 should still be reasonable.

You will find a ton of info here....use search early and often

We have another long time member in Chi town. Mark can point you in the direction of Audi service that can fix the DRC properly. And yes, get the new DRC installed asap after you get your Fidelity.

Modifying your car from factory spec can technically lead the claims adjustor to deny your claim. I once heard a story where a warranty company's claims adjustor denied a repair because the owner had aftermarket wheels (and the problem was not wheel related.)

Of course, most adjustors aren't that much of an ass, but YMMV.

Wow small world I drove that car on Friday while they were servicing my A8...nice car was Rob @ (Highland Park Audi)the sales guy..he was only willing to move about 500.00 from there asking price.I think I'm going to have one with in the next week also...Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Conaswr View Post
    Hi all, just purchased a daytona grey with black interior with piping 54k.

Thinking of chipping the car with APR chip, any problems with warranty considering the stealth mode?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    I've actually never read anything good about APR's RS 6 tuning, so I'd consider other options, like REVO or O.CT.

Congrats on the car - they're LOTS of fun to drive!

The car I purchased was not from up north, did not know that hp had one for sale. Well, one audi dealer already said he wont sell me the fidelity unless I had purchased the car from him due to mileage (54k) and end of factory warranty.

Why is the fidelity contract better then the Platinum easy care?

Anyone have contacts in chicago area for mtm or o.ct?

welcome!

where are you located?
    2003 RS6 - forsale

Well, one audi dealer already said he wont sell me the fidelity unless I had purchased the car from him due to mileage (54k) and end of factory warranty.
    That's bullshit.

Talk to the finance manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    That's bullshit.

Talk to the finance manager.
    Here is his message, by the way the car was serviced at his dealership.

Audi of America's records show that your RS6 has been out of warranty since 11/15/07. With that much time elapsed we cannot sell a service contract unless we were actually selling the car.I f we had the exact car to sell the Platinum service contract for 3 years or 36,000 miles would be $3795.
    Larry Durnil
    Finance Manager
    Continental Audi of Naperville
    Home of the Best Price Guarantee
    1527 Aurora Avenue
    Naperville,Illinois 60540
    630 388-1000 x 109 Direct
    630 388-1001 Fax
    larryd@conaudi.com

I live in Park Ridge, no pictures yet its been raining for almost a week.

That is BS +2

Call McDonald Audi in Denver Co. They will sell you the Fidelity plan.

Call Audi N Scottsdale in AZ. They will sell you the Fidelity plan.

End of story.

The car I purchased was not from up north, did not know that hp had one for sale. Well, one audi dealer already said he wont sell me the fidelity unless I had purchased the car from him due to mileage (54k) and end of factory warranty.

Why is the fidelity contract better then the Platinum easy care?

Anyone have contacts in chicago area for mtm or o.ct?

the most that they'll ask for is to have the vehicle pass an inspection but ya, everybody will sell you a warranty. it's essentially free money for them.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....service&page=2

You have several Audi dealers local. Call them all and get Fidelity quotes. It does not matter which dealer sells you the plan.

Fidelity is the best because its backed by Audi. Period

If you have to....then call the dealers I listed above. They WILL sell you a plan.

MMATURO...has a contact at http://www.gocpt.com/ Audi of HP told me they would sell one upon inspection of the vehicle.Dave at HP is the service writer..the guy is great.

Well, got off the phone with Audi Westmont, guy is involved with local audi events. He is looking into it for me. But said he would take easy care over fidelity. Audi Schaumburg gave me quotes at 1 year 2526, 2 3180, 3 3988. Still waiting to hear back from Mcgrath, which is where I bought my S4. The guy at Schamburg said to buy the platinum, "when there are claims they argue less".

Here is his message, by the way the car was serviced at his dealership.

Audi of America's records show that your RS6 has been out of warranty since 11/15/07. With that much time elapsed we cannot sell a service contract unless we were actually selling the car.I f we had the exact car to sell the Platinum service contract for 3 years or 36,000 miles would be $3795.
    Larry Durnil
    Finance Manager
    Continental Audi of Naperville
    Home of the Best Price Guarantee
    1527 Aurora Avenue
    Naperville,Illinois 60540
    630 388-1000 x 109 Direct
    630 388-1001 Fax
    larryd@conaudi.com

Oh i love it...not sure what was up his rear but he may have a point on the time period since any warranty ending (on an unknown car) but if it was still always serviced there they still have the history. I have serviced my car there for 3 years, my CPO was running out the same time i asked (so he may be right there) but even though i did not buy the car there he was certainly willing to sell it to me. Roughly the same price but there was a special of another $700 off back in June. My CPO ended in July. Anyway keep checking with the finance managers of the rest of the dealers around.

On service they are still fine (do the DRC fix there, they have been getting it mostly right) but most regular stuff i go to Al (look at gocpt.com) as do 2 other RS6s I know of.

Congrats on the car. Keep hunting for the Fidelity but i asked Al about plans and Easy Care he thought was OK. Key is that everything is covered not just named parts as that is where it gets difficult as different manufacturers obviously call parts by different names.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I will bring to cpt for service. I met Al once, brought in my tuned 996tt for a dyno, had some issues with the front diff. He would not take a dime from me, even though I offered.

Next day sent a friend who needed some help, took care of him right away.

by the way the finance guy with Continental also said I had to eat the cost of the inspection.