Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner with questions

Quote Originally Posted by Conaswr View Post
    by the way the finance guy with Continental also said I had to eat the cost of the inspection.
    I still think it's BS. The F&I guy is an idiot. They MAKE money on selling the Fidelity policy. You could go over his head to General Manager and tell him the F&I guy is throwing money down the toilet. You can call Fidelity directly at :

"Please contact the Audi Pure Protection dedicated line at 877-800-0286 to locate participating dealerships."

http://www.audiworld.com/pureprotection/content.shtml

btw, I'm buying a policy now, car is sight unseen. ALSO , if you have previously had Audi service done at the dealer, you are a CUSTOMER and there is a Fidelity DISCOUNT for existing Audi customers. Trust me on this... and ask for it.

What do you normally do when a "salesperson" is trying to push you into a different option?

Does that "salesperson" make more money on that other option? What do you think? What motivates a salesperson.

Now consider the above and then consider the vast knowledge of REAL RS6 owners that have ZERO interest or commission incentive. :eye:

We own the cars and have the policies.

Well, got off the phone with Audi Westmont, guy is involved with local audi events. He is looking into it for me. But said he would take easy care over fidelity. Audi Schaumburg gave me quotes at 1 year 2526, 2 3180, 3 3988. Still waiting to hear back from Mcgrath, which is where I bought my S4. The guy at Schamburg said to buy the platinum, "when there are claims they argue less".

Bruce,

Did you find a new car? Deal sealed? Can you tell us which one?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    I still think it's BS. The F&I guy is an idiot. They MAKE money on selling the Fidelity policy. You could go over his head to General Manager and tell him the F&I guy is throwing money down the toilet. You can call Fidelity directly at :

"Please contact the Audi Pure Protection dedicated line at 877-800-0286 to locate participating dealerships."

http://www.audiworld.com/pureprotection/content.shtml

btw, I'm buying a policy now, car is sight unseen. ALSO , if you have previously had Audi service done at the dealer, you are a CUSTOMER and there is a Fidelity DISCOUNT for existing Audi customers. Trust me on this... and ask for it.

Here is his message, by the way the car was serviced at his dealership.

I f we had the exact car to sell the Platinum service contract for 3 years or 36,000 miles would be $3795.
    Maybe it depends on the mileage on the car, but MY quote for the same Platinum contract , WITH the current customer discount, was $2,494. The guy sounds like a jack off.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Bruce,

Did you find a new car? Deal sealed? Can you tell us which one?
    More info after I write the check.

Hot dog! I cant wait to see which one you got.

Congrats early. We saved another RS6 owner.

More info after I write the check.

Yeah,

Sounds like a little 1300 dollars of extra commission to me.

That is how F&I crooks make extra money on the side. When are they ever going to learn. Dont mess with RS6.com

Maybe it depends on the mileage on the car, but MY quote for the same Platinum contract , WITH the current customer discount, was $2,494. The guy sounds like a jack off.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Hot dog! I cant wait to see which one you got.

Congrats early. We saved another RS6 owner.
    saved one not on the forums i think...happened to be at Schaumberg Audi this past weekend looking for a V10 R8 they had but alas it was gone but they have had a 55K Daytona RS6 on the lot in i would say pretty good condition and the guy test driving it was up from Indiana looking at it. Told him my opinion of the car he was looking at and the things that may come up but told him to get the extended warranty while he talked money. Not sure if he drove away with it but he wanted to.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Warranty saga over, passed inspection (could it ever fail when they want to sell a warranty). Have to schedule 55k service and drc recall. Then upgrades!!! I feel better now, always fun with the dealerships.

What did you end up with? Time and mileage? From who and did they adjust the prices?

Warranty saga over, passed inspection (could it ever fail when they want to sell a warranty). Have to schedule 55k service and drc recall. Then upgrades!!! I feel better now, always fun with the dealerships.

Finally, spoke with the finance guy at Schaumburg Audi. You know the old back and forth 2yr 24k about 2800 and change. As I am driving to the inspection, got a call back from Mcgrath, where I have bought two cars from. I told him the situation and prices....well if anything goes wrong call me and I will sell it to you for four hundred more.

Wow, those guys are tough.

Did you try the Denver or Phoenix dealers I noted? A member here just got a 6/60 plan for 4200 or so....he has 37k miles

Finally, spoke with the finance guy at Schaumburg Audi. You know the old back and forth 2yr 24k about 2800 and change. As I am driving to the inspection, got a call back from Mcgrath, where I have bought two cars from. I told him the situation and prices....well if anything goes wrong call me and I will sell it to you for four hundred more.

Welcome aboard the crazy train! Enjoy the ride

Honestly, just wanted it to be over. I think the car is great, but I dont know if I will have it beyond a few years, I am sure the mileage has something to do with it. If I wind up keeping it, I will build the crap out of it and no warranty will help me then.

Pic from dealer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	8726  

Pic from dealer
    Welcome again. You should lurk on Quattroworld.com in the Chicagoland forum if you are interested and get that thing on the track next spring at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet so you really know what it does....best thing i ever did with mine to really understand what it can do.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

welcome!

i'm in the northwest. i think there are 2 other rs6s in my area...

we should have a get together

2003 RS6 - forsale

Is there a chip that you have good experience with that will not show up when it is at Audi for service?