Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R8 V10 in Nimbus Grey Pearleffect

R8 V10 in Nimbus Grey Pearleffect

It's something different.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Very nice!

the interior looks interesting but the ext looks perennially dirty.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Like it.

(but don't know why they put tan leather on the interior and steering wheel)

very nice!

Nimbus Grey is a very dynamic color that shifts shades according to ambient light levels. Sometimes, the color looks brownish, yet at other times there is a hint of blue. Seldom does a car in Nimbus Grey ever look perennially dirty; however, the car could be dirty yet appear relatively clean.

The R8 needs a more special colour imo.

How soon do we forget! Nimbus Grey is a special Audi color. Don't forget that this is the color featured on the TT concept vehicle shown at the Frankfurt Auto Show back in 1995. The TT concept helped launch Audi's Bauhaus design elements and helped reposition the brand to challenge BMW and Mercedes-Benz, globally.

Fittingly, the R8 is continuing spearhead the effort that started with the TT.

damn link isn't showing the 3 photos just saying hotlinks not allowed and i really want to see this as i am thinking about doing nimbus as i had an Audi in the color before and loved it. It does change dramatically in different lighting conditions...from flat battleship in clouds to a greenish deep hue to the gray. My interior however would be something much different.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    damn link isn't showing the 3 photos just saying hotlinks not allowed and i really want to see this as i am thinking about doing nimbus as i had an Audi in the color before and loved it. It does change dramatically in different lighting conditions...from flat battleship in clouds to a greenish deep hue to the gray. My interior however would be something much different.
    Go back on to the site a click the refresh button a few times should do the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by 54m View Post
    Go back on to the site a click the refresh button a few times should do the trick!
    ahhhhhhh yes thank you thank you. I would really like to see a straight side shot in nimbus...this really makes me want to do it. The nimbus contrasts better with the black than Daytona does which i like. I ruled out Daytona but not this.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

this special colour is part of Audi Exclusive colours? on the configuraton I can't see this colour...

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    this special colour is part of Audi Exclusive colours? on the configuraton I can't see this colour...
    Every Audi color from the past or from another model in current range is Audi Exclusive color.

You can order all Audi colors for R8 via 9996 code.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Every Audi color from the past or from another model in current range is Audi Exclusive color.

thanks!

I guess however there is a list of exclusive colours to choice....is there any .pdf or something else that shows the range of available colours?

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    What does via 9996 code mean? I am really trying to get pearl white (verses suzuka gray). Is there a 9996 code for pearl white?

Quote Originally Posted by 0000R8 View Post
    What does via 9996 code mean? I am really trying to get pearl white (verses suzuka gray). Is there a 9996 code for pearl white?
    Suzuka Grey Metallic(code M1M1) is standard offer on R8s.

You probably mean new Inuit White Pearleffect.

Order should look something like this on paper:

9996 Indvidual Color-Inuit White Pearleffect 9K9K(0H9)

Just, I am not sure that Inuit is approved yet by quattro GmbH. Qisha could help here maybe?

Dear Friends,

Inuitwhite pearl is not applicable with painting lines. Therefore it would have to be applied by hand. Since this would/could not be produceable in great numbers (f.e. Lamborghini 3 layer is applied by hand) and for a reasonable price/time. Last but not least the color tends to vary over the whole chassis-, high subsequent works factor.

So, it is not looking good for a clearance...

Qisha