Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: grills for the intercoolers WITHOUT foggis...

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    is it just me or does it look like you have a hole in your carbon fibre shroud?
    That's where the tow hook screws in, our oem shrouds have a removable flap of rubber covering the hole.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

ah, quite right.

Bump. Did anybody get these? Are the for sale anywhere? My car has new stock ICs but I like the idea of additional cooling....

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Bump. Did anybody get these? Are the for sale anywhere? My car has new stock ICs but I like the idea of additional cooling....
    The Wagner grilles are pretty cheap looking, they're actually just stamped sheet metal painted black. Nobody currently offers a foglamp grill delete short of buying the whole Sportec cooling kit ($5000). I'm working on a solution
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Yeah, was disappointed with look and fit of the Wagner grills. Seemed like they would damage the bumper over time due to the tight fit so I "adjusted" the old rivets for the fog lite brackets.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Before I got my Wagners I made some from mesh material I bought at home depot, cost me all of $20. I wouldn't waste the money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by DALLAS_RS6 View Post
    Before I got my Wagners I made some from mesh material I bought at home depot, cost me all of $20. I wouldn't waste the money on them.
    Any memory of what type of material it was?

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    The Wagner grilles are pretty cheap looking.................. I'm working on a solution
    Keep us posted!
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

Here's what I used http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053 it worked pretty good. You can cut and shape it easily. I also found this http://www.sfxperformance.com/catalo...ial/page_1.htm .

Great! I'll use these to come up with a better looking grill.

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by DALLAS_RS6 View Post
    Here's what I used http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053 it worked pretty good. You can cut and shape it easily.
    Haha. Dallas, that's exactly what I used for my sportec cooling mod. I still have some left over, might try that soon. Thanks
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

The Wagner grilles are pretty cheap looking, they're actually just stamped sheet metal painted black. Nobody currently offers a foglamp grill delete short of buying the whole Sportec cooling kit ($5000). I'm working on a solution
    These are actually laser cut aluminum with black powdercoat... i am sorry, that you dont like them. Waiting for your solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo911 View Post
    These are actually laser cut aluminum with black powdercoat... i am sorry, that you dont like them. Waiting for your solution!
    Sorry Lupo911, no offense intended. I just want something that matches the design of the original grille material exactly, and clips in and out just as the original ones do. I'll be having a mold made to injection mold new ones that do just that. May take a bit though as I don't ahve a lot of time to devote to any one thing lately.

hey pat...

I don`t understand you...more oem as the wagners isn`t impossible...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4145..jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	10305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4146..jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	10306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4144..jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	10307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4143..jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	10308  
    mfg
    Daniel

RS6plus -- blue pack -- h&r suspension -- 20" rs6 c6 wheels -- fully loaded and wagner cooled !

Pat, I would be interested in your approach. Injection molding pc is a lot cheaper than laser cutting and powdercoating, and would match better. Looking forward to the results!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Sorry Lupo911, no offense intended. I just want something that matches the design of the original grille material exactly, and clips in and out just as the original ones do. I'll be having a mold made to injection mold new ones that do just that. May take a bit though as I don't ahve a lot of time to devote to any one thing lately.
    That would be awesome... A mould like that is arround 20k. What Programm are you going to use to Design These?