Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Thanks Erik !

About the sound sensation, i can see that the car was not equiped with the sport exhaust (black oval pipes), so maybe closer to the AMGs with it.

I tried yesterday a C63 (486HP version) and a SLS on track. Incredible machines.

A famous car journalist in France told be the RS5 was really fun to drive. The first Audi that makes you completely forget you are driving a 4WD car. Of course with the quattro differencial option.

The only thing he was upset with was the S-tronic system in full automatic mode. Not clever enough, so you have to be almost all the time in manuel mode. Too lazy in confort mode, too nervous in sport mode. He prefers the AMG system (which ever old system in the C or new one with dual clutch in the SLS), really doing what you want to in full automatic mode. Able to be very "sport" or give you one second later the 7nd gear with a 2000RPM when crossing a village....
    Last edited by Ritchy; May 26th, 2010 at 22:55.

Thanks Eric, for the report and the lovely pics.

And thank you too, Ritchy, for that insight.

OK, the driver used the manual mode all the time around the track. He only has 2-3 laps in the RS5 so not conclusive.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Great post Erik, waiting for more.

Thanks!

It looks really good in black.

Mine will be black...if Audi UK ever publish the pricing and options and open the order book...been waiting 3 months now.

Really nice report Eric!

I like black one Is it Phantom or Panther Black?

Kind Regards

I reckon it's Phantom.

I saw a new A8 at Geneva with Panther Crystaleffect and it seemed to be a less pure black with what seemed like a hint of purple and a bit more sparkley but I understand it varies dependant the surroundings and lighting.

gosh in uk you must be frustrated not tpo be able to order them for sure....

I got mine ordered too in Belgium since about 2 weeks... sepang blue, bucket seats, ceramic brakes, and lots of goodies...

since AUDI EXCLUSIVE was not able to do what I wanted for the interior it will be done aferwards... I wanted a combination of alcantara and leather which is not feasible on buckets seats according to them...

honestly AUDI EXCLUSIVE is really exclusive regarding the price for what AUdi has decided you can do...

another exemple. if I selected a blus close to the sepang blue (blue denim its called), I would have had to pay even more extra than the already crazy price of audi exclusive leather valcone (pack1) + 1500 EUR on top of it.. because its not part of the audi exclusivie leathers.... there are buts to be kicked there in my view...

so afte a while I closed the door and will do exactly what i want at about 50% of the price... plus i will get alcantara black interior roof.... so classssssy. love it... again something that AUDI told me I could not do... believe me it will be on my RS5
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

youry...I think we need to see many pictures of your RS5 when you get it

For all those who already ordered it, when you will get it, what is delivery time?

Kind Regards

If you want to see more pictures from GT Nürburgring here's the link http://www.gt-nurburgring.com/images/

Not that many Audi related images, but many other sportcars.

But please keep this thread on topic about the RS5.

Ford GT40

Picture taken from the RS5

Here's me at the gala dinner at Dorint after a few Eifelgeist (local aquavit) in the candy red Fiat 126.
    Note the cage.

Fiat 126, Ferrari 430 Scuderia and the RS5 far back.

There were a few Nissan GT-Rs there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    For all those who already ordered it, when you will get it, what is delivery time?

Kind Regards
    My RS5 will be delivered here in Austria in September. Audi Austria calls for current orders in mid-October.

no problem Erik.

I shoudl get mine September soonest (most likely though), October latest.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

14th of september. But my dealer said he's not sure this date includes the extra time for audi exclusive items (+3 weeks).

Answer next week.....starting to have enough of all audi's bad news.

I changed one thing today: the ex. mirrors are going to be the same coulour as the car: phantom black.

Nice pics thanks. the side views give a clear view of the enlarged wheel arches. The 20" rims are quite impressive as well. The car should be washed tough