Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Quote Originally Posted by PP View Post
    Agree, and the early cars will also then suffer higher depreciation.

So what can be the constraint?
    Dear PP,

a DRC suspension has never been installed within the Factory in Ingolstadt and as the RS 5 production moved to IN the needed plant additions (tools etc.) will be done during the summer break.

Pre-production cars (like the press cars) were made in small quantity and therefore passed the delay. Production will start off- and the Market introduction volume will be made without the sport suspension plus.

As you can see on the TT-RS the "base" suspension is very good and some customers prefere the regular suspension over the Sport plus version. (TT-RS magnetic ride) Same with the RS 5.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear PP,

a DRC suspension has never been installed within the Factory in Ingolstadt and as the RS 5 production moved to IN the needed plant additions (tools etc.) will be done during the summer break.

Pre-production cars (like the press cars) were made in small quantity and therefore passed the delay. Production will start off- and the Market introduction volume will be made without the sport suspension plus.

As you can see on the TT-RS the "base" suspension is very good and some customers prefere the regular suspension over the Sport plus version. (TT-RS magnetic ride) Same with the RS 5.

Qisha

Hi Qisha

Thanks for that explanation, but I would delay my order. This sport suspension is not like that of the RS4, some found it too hard and of course not adjustable.
    Further the RS5 is not a TT-RS and I suppose if I was spending 80k+ Euros, I would want to spec my car as high as possible for it to be a great street car and also a track car if I decided.
    But OK. BTW your inbox is full.

Cheers

Well , My idea was to wait until the end of the year , so no problems . I have the Sport Suspension on my Rs4 and I am very happy with it and seems it is even better in the Rs5 .
    My question is ŋ there will be more options in the future ? .
    I bought the Rs4 at the beginning of the production and there were no Ceramic brakes at that time .

By the way I am surprised by the update of the Top gear "launch"
    2:05pm

Final drive: it's been a good couple of days. Just finished at Ascari, and it turns out that the quattro boss was right: the RS5 is way more fun on a circuit than it has any right to be. In fact, it does feel lighter, more tempted into oversteer and generally a lot less understeery than I thought it might.

Basically, with the new 'crown gear' differential, it's probably the most amusing quattro Audi ever. There was a slight suspicion that the car might be a tad wayward, because Audi had disengaged the ESP 'off' button on the track cars; the car did move into oversteer, but got tidied up by the ESP before it went too far. But then we found the secret button in the glovebox and went out in the car again.

The surprise is that it was pretty much the same - no great big surprises, just a lovely release of oversteer. This thing is brill, just a different kind of speed to an M3 and C63. We like.
    I have LOTS of fun with the R8 V10 on a circuit this past summer , and donīt think the Rs5 could be near , but just that would be like a dream .

PS. Choosing the color is driving me crazy , first was Suzuka grey , but now I think Sepang blue suits better the car , love the highlights . Black optics for me , thats for sure , I donīt like the Aluminum look at all . And I have doubts about the mirrors ..... Help please .
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

Black optics, Sport exhaust with Black tailpies and exterior mirrors in exterior color is the way to go for any color if you ask me.

Black one:

Is it Panther Black?
    Last edited by LittleDevil; April 14th, 2010 at 18:39.

Thanks for the video, Kresof1!

And the RS5 looks very good in black, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
    Thanks for the video, Kresof1!

And the RS5 looks very good in black, too!
    Yes, it does. Somehow the RS4 always seemed more photogenic, regardless of colour.

Lots of new infos and pics are coming out that's great. The black one looks nice but still need to see more pics.

My set up will be either full black (black package, sport exhaust, black rims) or Monza grey (black package, sport exhaust, black rims).

Thanks for the video!

And what an incredible sound from the V8!

Qisha: What is the color of the safety car ? Daytona grey ? Just to be sure....

Exterior mirrors in exterior color, I like the mirrors in Black and the car in suzuka is that possible with the mirrors?
    Thats make Audi individual or?

The Sport Suspension Plus in the RS5 is not lower than the normal RS5 (the RS4 was with that 10mm lower).
    Last edited by Fehli; April 15th, 2010 at 10:10.

What is the color of the safety car ? Daytona grey ? Just to be sure....
    Dear Ritchy,

Daytonagrey.

Exterior mirrors in exterior color, I like the mirrors in Black and the car in suzuka is that possible with the mirrors?
    Thats make Audi individual or?
    Dear Fehli,

choose the option "Mirror housing in body color"- and ask your dealer to note the mirror housing color choice "Phantomblack".

Sportsuspension plus ride height is equal to the regular suspension (-20mm over A5).

Qisha

PS: no further lowering is due to customer complaint -> RS 4 Sportsuspension plus too stiff.

quisha,

Will the orders further get delayed. as I remember last time you updated us it was suppose to be as of today. i just checked and the audi.de configurtaor does ntio have it yet.

thanks
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    quisha,

Will the orders further get delayed. as I remember last time you updated us it was suppose to be as of today. i just checked and the audi.de configurtaor does ntio have it yet.

thanks
    Dear youry,

sad to say, yes- 29.04.2010.

Qisha

2 more weeks? Hmm... RS5 is already 45 days delayed in German Configurator. Strange... I must add not serious at all from Audi.

First costumer cars in Germany in early July 2010? I can almost bet NO. Early September 2010 more likely...

Thanks Quisha for such a rapid answer.
    I was somehow expecting it (not good news) but that's life.
    Do you know what is the reason for the constant delays?

For the DRC suspension, I don't care since my goal is to change it by a KW V3 ASAP to lower the car adn like you mentionned in terms of efficiency the standard suspension is anyway at least as good if not better.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com