Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    Thanks Fab !

No regret for me with the black color when i see those pictures !

Don't know if i mentioned it, but i took the mirrors in black color as well.
    Great choice Ritchy. I also go full black or Monza Grey w/black rims, black pack.

I am quite relieved with the latest posts/developments and really looking forward to a test drive very soon. We have been having passionated discussion about it and not all is cleared but this also means as you said : you/we stay/want to stay Audi...

I was in helsinki yesteday,, no luck... have seen nothing....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Autozeitung in Germany tested the RS5 and Porsche Carrera S and the winner is RS5

RS 5 from 0-100 km/h 4,3 sec
    and 0-200 km/h 15,6 sec

Thanks Fehli.....one more magazine i have to buy in Germany next week (on wednesday in Munich if someone's there....)

And do you have the Porsche figures to compare ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    And do you have the Porsche figures to compare ?
    0-100 km/h - 4,0 sec

0-200 km/h - 14,3 sec

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    Some cars already available in Switzerland :

Like the black one, less the daytona (never been a fan of this color). There is also a metal grey available but no pics grrrrr I guess it is the Monza Grey. I will ask the guy for some pics if I have some time tomorrow.

First time I think we see an all black rear "difuser". As I alreay said I find the steel brakes too small on the 20" rims. For me ceramic is a no brainer. I also like the way the smaller front Swiss plate makes the front grill even wider and bigger. The swiss touch sorry guys
    Would be interested to see it in Monza Silver if you get some photos. Thanks.

See what i've talked about? The RS5 is much faster than we thought, just someone don't reallize that. And that autozeitung times are incredible...
    By the way, what for insideline and other magazines or pilots to drive it and then we get the conclusions.
    Anyway i think the new quattro is the best ever made by Audi, even safer and sportier than new A8 have, we really need a RS5 dyno day as someone says...

Amaising times for the Porsche (PDK I guess) but whow !!! great RS5 !!! this is more than enough. I don't care if it is 4.3 or 4.5 / 15.6 or 16 but this is what we need to make is competitive !!! This is the "miracle" confirmation I was hoping for.

Back in business : my test drive is planned for early July... I asked for the whole afternoon hehehe...

Very happy to see that some of us (myself included) were too pessimistic based on initial reports. Very happy to be wrong based on what is coming out.

Anyone could scan these articles please ?

Cheers

Fab

You can see the Auto Motor und Sport scans in here.

And here's a scan of the Autozeitung article...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotationofrs5..jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	9923  

Thanks a lot Lmg. It is a pitty we can't read the Porsche punkte on the extreme right of the page...

This comparison is quite THE achievement as the 997 mkII pdk is more than ever the GT benchmark (n/a of course) and the RS5 is right there and much much more polyvalent.

I have been serching like a mad man the AMS (found) and the Autozeitung (not found) this afternoon. Looking forward to the AMS super test.

Thanks a lot Lmg.

This comparison is quite THE achievement as the 997 mkII pdk is more than ever the GT benchmark (n/a of course) and the RS5 is right there...

Looking forward to the AMS super test.
    Absolutely

Thanks a lot Lmg. It is a pitty we can't read the Porsche punkte on the extreme right of the page...
    I thought the image would appear much larger.

Here's a link to an high res version of the Autozeitung scan

Interesting the fact that the RS5 achieved greater speeds in the slalom, not only compared to the 911 in this test, but also with the M3 sedan and C63 in a previous Autozeitung test among the last two:

RS5 - 67.8 Km/h
    911 - 67.0 km/h
    M3 Sedan - 66.8 Km/h
    C63 AMG - 65.4 km/h

However, the RS5 was the slowest in the handling course:

M3 Sedan - 1:38,7 m
    911 - 1.39,0 m
    C63 AMG - 1:40,0 m
    RS5 - 1:40,7 m

you are fantastic thanks man.
    I also noticed the slalom ;-)

Just to compare RS4/RS5 from auto zeitung mag figures:

http://www.zeperfs.com/duel3281-1549.htm

Regarding Auto Zeitung track times... They DO NOT use always the same driver as Sport Auto for example. That means that their track time actually are pretty useless.

In forthcoming Sport Auto(next week) you will see a Hokcenheim track time of RS5. More or less the same as TT RS or M3 M-DKG.

Also... RS5 in AZ is measured at 1790kg(!) with optional Bucket seats and Ceramic front brakes. That means that RS5 with standard brakes and seats will weight around 1810kg...

The TT-RS remains the most capable vehicle of the group when viewed in the test and real world environments. The addition of torque vectoring, using the braking system approach applied to the RS5-and the 997.5 911 TT-on the TT RS would have this car virtually dominate every performance car in its price bracket. The Nissan GT-R remains the outlier. Again, the RS5, while a capable car, fall short of the lofty expectations set by the RS4.