Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

RS5 on a dyno....

Audi seems once more to not understand what custumers want. The power they paid for !

So i'm going to have more or less the same power i had on my tuned RS4. But 100kg more.

Expensive for just a nice looking car.

Pity my car comes on scheduled time. I would have canceled the order for a RS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0WL...layer_embedded

Dommage....
    Eat. Breathe. Drive.

from what i have seen and read so far, the RS5 is basically equivalent to an RS4 with aftermarket intake, downpipes, and exhaust...and a DSG (which is smooth, but since the engine is a nonturbo does not have a huge impact on acceleration.... oh and a different read diff). i might also be a bit disappointed.

let's hope audi's new V8 shows up soon so that we can see into its future S and RS offerings...
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

MTM recommends RS5 owners one hour of abstinence

Top speed of 303 km/h, thanks to MTM V-Cantronic
    MTM exhaust system and MTM rims in the Bimoto Design are available
    No doubt that there will be RS5 drivers who are willing to give their new toy away for an hour. The reward for this short abstinence: a top speed of 303 km/h. This is available with help of the MTM V-Cantronic: a small additional control device, which can be built in by MTM partners or directly at MTM in Wettstetten/Ingolstadt, without any complex reconstruction. The V-Cantronic removes the factory speed limiter of 250 or 280 km/h to 303 km/h. The owners who wait four more hours will be rewarded by a double flood stainless steel exhaust system and the most famous side will be designed definitely sportier and more individual: the rear of the 450 HP sportscar, that Audi started to deliver the last days.

The Audi refiner MTM from Wettstetten offers the first components, which make the RS5 even sportier and even if the power enhancement for the 450 HP engine keeps us waiting, the top speed of 303 km/h is a foretaste of the future MTM RS5. The costs: 1.499 Euros. The stainless steel exhaust system proposed by MTM is with throttle valves and offers not only a good looking rear view with black end pipes (ceramic coating with MTM writing), but also a new sound. The costs: starting at 2.998 Euros.
    An individually adjustable spring-kit is in development.

Typically MTM: the nine –spokes Bimoto rims, which are available in 19”, 20” and 21” for the RS5. The 20” Bimoto forged is a special quality . On top of that, MTM advises a MTM spacers-kit, which widens about 20mm. Price for the MTM rims set and tyres start from 2.249 Euros (19”).

http://www.mtm-online.de/en/pressphotos?id=64

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    RS5 on a dyno....

Audi seems once more to not understand what custumers want. The power they paid for !

So i'm going to have more or less the same power i had on my tuned RS4. But 100kg more.

Expensive for just a nice looking car.

Pity my car comes on scheduled time. I would have canceled the order for a RS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0WL...layer_embedded
    It remembers me the previous discussion we had on RS5 expected real power. I am sorry to see here that I was right. I still like this car but here my main concern is proven to be right.

Even if the full power would have been there this car remains far too heavy (and too expensive) anyway. But is still appealing.

I saw my first one live on the street last week end (Daytona grey, black pack, titanium wheels) : Very nice looking car.

Would be nice to see M3 on the same dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Would be nice to see M3 on the same dyno.
    Agreed, that would be revealing.

Also the same car at the same place after 10k kms.

M3 V8 don't have their horse power neither....

having said that measuring one RS5 is not statistical.... as that a bad engine simply... Persoanlly i am expecting between 430 and 440hp.... but 8000 Km is still young for the engine so it will still get somem ore HP... that is much closer than RS4 V8 which some measure 360 and some other 380hp vs. 420hp announced.... here 420 hp after 8000 Km sounds already much better...

once I see for myself measured about 5 to 10 RS5s on same dynos than I can make a good idea....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Agree with you let's wait and see. But would have been nice having a good surprise with the first one tested.

Now it is also frequent that the journalist cars are "tuned" to deliver nice chronos and then production gets different. Lets hope this is not true this time...

^
    guys, what's been tested on such dyno's is the actual power on wheels, which is usually circa 15 % less the the nominal power in engine as stated by manufacturers... In this case its less than 10% WHICH IS REALLY GOOD!! On the other hand, ttrs engine is obviously, for the marketing reasons, ''officially underrated'' and such is the case with the new 3.0tfsi as well!

No, for sure, that's not the power on wheels. All the dynos i've tested always gave me engine torque and power.

Youry can tell you more.

the dyno´s are measuring power on the wheels not on the crankshaft. the cars on dynos are rolling with there wheels not on the crank
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    the dyno´s are measuring power on the wheels not on the crankshaft. the cars on dynos are rolling with there wheels not on the crank
    And after that measure, dyno evaluates that wheel power to hp on crank using formula. Formulas are different on different dynos. That's why often results of one car can vary depending on dyno.
    Sincirely yours, Captan Obvius.

I've got the confirmation that is the estimated engine power.....on wheels, expect a bit more than 360HP on the RS5 !

Next time, i'll rather pay for a turbo engine. A TT-RS on the same dyno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ehmMOtdyp0

good dynos do more than just estimate the torque/power at the crank. they measure the torque at the wheels during acceleration than during decelration measure the transmission loss. when both are added it gives the engine torque at the crank.... this isn ot just an estimation by adding a certain % like it is typically done on lots of USA dynos who can only measure values at wheels indeed...

its a question of having up to date dynos using latest technologies...

now we also know that another RS5 was measure on other dyno and was said to habve its power.... so lets wait to have further tests to find out average values... anyway lets not forget that these high rev engines are volonturiliy squeezed when buid to give them a long life. the negaitve part is that it takes some mileage before they release all their potential and certainly not ponly after 8000 Km.... so these first values ar not necesarily a bad value...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    I've got the confirmation that is the estimated engine power.....on wheels, expect a bit more than 360HP on the RS5 !

Next time, i'll rather pay for a turbo engine. A TT-RS on the same dyno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ehmMOtdyp0
    You can not be surprised.....

Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Balsen View Post
    You can not be surprised.....

Frederic
    What does that mean ? be surprised about what ?