Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Another picture of black one. I actualy like it without black optic package too.

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/viewima...22072010123633

Regards

Question to Qisha

When is planned restyling of A5/S5/RS5? I'd like to buy already restyled RS))

If the regular model cycle is still followed (4+3 years) then next year (MY 2012) would be the one for an introduction of the facelift for both A4 and A5...

the TT RS did not evolve as the pther TTs have recently....

maybe some minor buttons inside. but thta is not a facelift and happens each year...

the RS4 V8 did not change... ąp art from dsome relly minor details like in the headlights the turn signal went from orange with white bulb inside to white with orange bulb inide... those things hapen all the time and the RS5 will surely see changes like these, but not fundamental changes....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

RS? Yah right! NOT WORTHY!

Great another VAG not worthy of the RS badge! Just another Audi stumble.

for you matte, just go and buy what you want, i choose the RS5 anytime, don't care what you are saying, so shhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by dc2 View Post
    Question to Qisha

When is planned restyling of A5/S5/RS5? I'd like to buy already restyled RS))
    Dear dc2,

the mid- lifecycle product upgrade is scheduled for MY2012. The RS 5 however -stylewise- will only see minor tweaks. It is a bit early to talk about details but most of the upgrades are towards the multimedia direction.

The A5 and S5 will be more affected..

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Works for me :/

Anyway, another try...

It is taken from this article...
    Dear The RS6,

it is a Benarrow PB5.

Qisha

PS:

I was hoping for a better finish from Audi. I know this is only one test but my sense is that others will confirm similar objective and subjective results. I'm starting to wonder if this car will be worth the wait.

http://killwithfire.blogspot.com/201...bmw-m3-vs.html

Car and Driver: Audi RS5 vs. BMW M3 vs. Cadillac CTS-V
    Car and Driver ventured out to the German Autobahn and the 'Ring to test the three hottest sport coupes out today. The Car and Driver test team burned up 2,000 dollars of fuel testing the coupe's 178 mph top speed. Car and Driver loved the RS5's gearbox, the Cadillac's power and M3's steering and the general performance level of all three was outstanding with 0 to 60 arriving in around 4 second flat and the "slowest" ran a 12.5 second 1/4 mile. Here are the ratings:

Third. Audi RS5. Car and Driver appreciated the RS5's 7 speed S-Tronic gearbox and 450 horsepower V8 but its 4,000 pound curb weight along with steering modes that never achieve satisfaction put it in third.

Second. Cadillac CTS-V. Car and Driver found the CTS-V the most stable on the Autobahn and the supercharged V8 most powerful, yet a little too quiet. C/D also liked the Cadillac's steering and brakes but was disappointed by its interior and Recaro seats.

First. BMW M3. The lightest in test (3,600 pounds) M3 with the competition package had the best handling in the test. C/D also liked the M3's V8 soundtrack. The M3 was the shiftiest at high speed on the Autobahn.

Some more test : Sport Auto (French serious magazine) tests C63 AMG vs RS5. Below the chronos :

RS5 - C63

400m : 13.2 - 12.8
    1000m : 23.9 - 22.7

0-100km/h : 4.9 - 4.8
    0-160km/h : 10.7 - 9.3
    0-200km/h : 18.0 - 14.2

100-140 (drive) : 3.8 - 2.8

controlled weights (kg) : 1811.5 - 1821

Conclusion : C63 AMG = pure adrenaline and power - RS5 better handling package

I also saw that....it's getting worse and worse. The same magazine tested both RS4 and TT-RS with roughly 16,5/17 sec on a 0-200km/h.

Hopefully i'm not 25 years old anymore....focused on the figures.

But tired to find out why my brand new car is always the slowest. Tired to find out an explaination: surely a problem with the test car, outside temperature, not enough kilometers, not the good tires, not the good tester....definitely a too heavy car with not enough power and torque.

Just hope to have a little bit fun with it, a little bit more than my lazy RS4.

Answering this question on october.

Daytony with black optic package:

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/der-...203480859.html

Kind Regards

very nice !

Thanks ! that was my initial configuration....nice to see it for the first time.

Improving!! Second place this time.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

keep trying RS5... keep trying... great car for shure but still 2 sec behind a high speed. Very good all weather type package for shure no doubt. Too expensive though...

Another daytona gray RS5 that a coworker in Belgium test drove.

He's been a BMW driver ever since I could remember but if he had the money, he mentioned that he'd have a hard time deciding between the M3 and the RS5... two different cars but two great cars is what I concluded from his comments. Instant grin on the face as soon as you mash the pedal to the metal, never even bothered trying out the B&O.