Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Nice. Don't know how you find this stuff so fast. Must be more obsessed than me..

According to Motor-talk.de, Auto Motor und Sport rated the RS5 with 5 stars (out of 5) with the only negative points being the frequent gear changes in Drive mode and the steering, wich could have a bit more more feel.

Performance measured:

0-100 km/h - 4,5 sec
    0-200 Km/h - 16,1 sec

guys unless you are seriosu drivers that don't fear have the rear end of the car going wild BMW M3 and even more C63 is out of the game...

don't forget the excemment comparason jeremy clark has done with rs4 v8, M3 V8 and C63 saying sure the mercedes has more performance but you better be a damn driver to get a hold of it.... it means it all.....

forget about this C63....

Quattro is a really safety feature that for me is key....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Thanks Youry for your support : the "french connection" trying to support each other :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mccobr View Post
    Nice. Don't know how you find this stuff so fast. Must be more obsessed than me..
    Just have 5min time yesterday and I went to youtube and mobile.de to see if there is something new about RS5 and voila

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    guys unless you are seriosu drivers that don't fear have the rear end of the car going wild BMW M3 and even more C63 is out of the game...

don't forget the excemment comparason jeremy clark has done with rs4 v8, M3 V8 and C63 saying sure the mercedes has more performance but you better be a damn driver to get a hold of it.... it means it all.....

forget about this C63....

Quattro is a really safety feature that for me is key....
    I do not agree with you regarding RWD safety. IMHO if you can not handle BMW M3 with its excellent M-diff with 100% lock you are below average driver. Period.

R8 is for example far more demanding for fast driving then M3 or C63.

RS5 is usable every day during the year-that is a huge advantage for me.

New pictures (white) in a french test:

http://www.turbo.fr/audi/audi-rs5/es...s5-photos.html

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    R8 is for example far more demanding for fast driving then M3 or C63.

too many martinis lately K
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post

too many martinis lately K
    So, you belive that R8 manual is less demanding for fast driving then autobox C63 or M-DCT equiped M3?? Come on!

R8 is great car, one of th best sportscar of the decade. BUT, it requires above average driver to extract full 100% from it. That is my subjective opinion.

So, you belive that R8 manual is less demanding for fast driving then autobox C63 or M-DCT equiped M3?? Come on!

R8 is great car, one of th best sportscar of the decade. BUT, it requires above average driver to extract full 100% from it. That is my subjective opinion.
    K, your comment was NOT transmission specific. in fact, it implied more of a rwd vs awd issue. overall, you cannot compare the R8 to those cars. regardless of transmission it ia a better handling car- safer handling car- and of course at the limit and on the track. try driving one of those pigs around a 100 mph curve. same as any of the R8's handling peers- GTR, Cayman..... can't compare them to a C63's handling. it's almost insulting.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    K, your comment was NOT transmission specific. in fact, it implied more of a rwd vs awd issue. overall, you cannot compare the R8 to those cars. regardless of transmission it ia a better handling car- safer handling car- and of course at the limit and on the track. try driving one of those pigs around a 100 mph curve. same as any of the R8's handling peers- GTR, Cayman..... can't compare them to a C63's handling. it's almost insulting.

You missunderstud me apparently... English is unofrtunately my third language..

Point of comparison is RS5. Which car is easier to drive fast-your R8 manual or RS5?

100mph curve? On what track may I ask? For our European friends this is Gents 160.9km/h curve!
    I attended Porsche Driving School at Hockenheim some time ago... In none of the real curves we could not reach more then 125km/h on that track(Klein Kurs Hockenheim). Even on the Ring there are only few corners(or curves) were you can drive as fast as 160km/h in it...
    Milde autobahn corners(yes, a very fast one) do not count for me.

...and shamefull truth is that C63 will kill any R8 V8 in straght line. Most European autobahns and highways count as well.

R8 is still an excellent car-do not take me wrong here. Just, I think that we need to be more objective here-progress is progress.

What car is faster in real life everday drive: TT RS with S tronic or R8 V8 manual? Hmm...

You missunderstud me apparently... English is unofrtunately my third language..

Point of comparison is RS5. Which car is easier to drive fast-your R8 manual or RS5?

100mph curve? On what track may I ask? For our European friends this is Gents 160.9km/h curve!
    I attended Porsche Driving School at Hockenheim some time ago... In none of the real curves we could not reach more then 125km/h on that track(Klein Kurs Hockenheim). Even on the Ring there are only few corners(or curves) were you can drive as fast as 160km/h in it...
    Milde autobahn corners(yes, a very fast one) do not count for me.

...and shamefull truth is that C63 will kill any R8 V8 in straght line. Most European autobahns and highways count as well.

R8 is still an excellent car-do not take me wrong here. Just, I think that we need to be more objective here-progress is progress.

What car is faster in real life everday drive: TT RS with S tronic or R8 V8 manual? Hmm...
    i think we agree on everything, but now the converasation has gotten too specific. your original point- the C63 is safer to drive faster i disagree with 100% vs the R8. any R8.

re: the other topic you bring up. yes, the C63 would be faster than a R8 V8 in a staright line. definitely.

re: which car is easier to drive fast- RS5 or R8. again- like the C63 i disagree. shifting your own gears is really not that hard. and it doesn't make the car any less harder to drive.

if i still don't understand your point it is probably a language thing. your english is def better than my Croat.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
    New pictures (white) in a french test:

http://www.turbo.fr/audi/audi-rs5/es...s5-photos.html
    Turbo is by far not the best source but still they give 19/20 on driving impressions

The numbers of the Auto Motor und Sport test:

Engine: V8, 450 hp, 430 Nm
    Gearbox: 7-speed-double-clutch (with Launch Control)
    Brakes: ceramic
    Tyres: Pirelli P Zero
    Weight: 1780 kg
    Vmax.: 250 km/h (limited)

0-50 km/h in 1,7 s
    0-100 km/h in 4,5 s
    0-160 km/h in 10,1 s
    0-200 km/h in 16,1 s
    400 metres: 12,7 s (179 km/h)
    Flexibility (80-120 km/h): 4,4 s/6,1 s/8,1 s/10,6 s (4th/5th/6th/7th gear)

18 m slalom: 66,5 km/h
    110 m evasive test: 139,4 km/h
    Braking distance (100-0 km/h): 33,3 m/33,4 m (cold/warm)
    Basic price: €77.700,-

Price as tested: €102.271,-

Source: Germancarforum

From AMS:

0-200
    M3 (manual!): 16,0
    C63: 15,6 (even not a performance package!)

That makes (with 16,1) the RS5 the newest, but the slowest car. No congratulation for that Audi ! Should have performed 1 sec less.

Yeap and also lets not forget that usually AMS has pretty good chronos for all cars vs other tests so this could be even slower on average for the RS5... Very disapointed.

The 0-100kmh is not bad though but again power loss all the way to 250 kmh. I already foresee the Gustav vid of RS5 being destroyed by M3...

Not even talking about elasticity. I remember my stock S4 biturbo numbers : 4.6s/5.7s/6.8 (4th/5th/6th)....

Bottom line is once again : very good car : well balance, beautifull, all weather... but perfs are too poor and as I said from day one I don't accept this.
    Last edited by Fab; June 8th, 2010 at 09:03.

Guys, wait for the autobild test, the real test, i am sorry but all of you are wrong! Autobild allready tested in video 0-100km/h in 4.2s not 4.6s as it says on the specs. Look at the RS4, he managed 15.4s to 200km/h and RS5 is much faster than RS4, so don't worry when the real Autobild test with numbers will arrive you'll see then that the RS5 is much faster than M3 DKG!
    Look at the A8 vs 7 series test on Autobild, A8 has 5.7s stock and they've tested with 5.2s to 100km/h and much faster than 7series in any gear or speed.
    I will buy RS5 if i could have that kind of money, this car marks an era of High rev engines and also the era where sound and engine reactions are perfect. The future is absurd with all that V6, inline 4 turbo, kompressor, etc... We need high rev engine for sound and muscular grunt.