Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

I'd take the wheels over that color red any day. Especially if they were a titanium grey. As pictured, the two together look hidious IMO.

something weird in the chassi number of this RS5. it mentione its made at Ingoldstadt (letter A in the chassis number). Normally the RS cars are made in Neckarsulm. Who can explain that ?
    Dear youry,

as you know, the A5 range has the longitudinal layout. At them moment Neckarsulm does only build transverse chassis cars + the R8. Therefore the RS 5 production starts at Ingolstadt. However the Neckarsulm factory plant will be modified during this summer ~CW30 to longitudinal layout build. After that the RS 5 could prospectively also be build at Neckarsulm.

Qisha

According to the press release in the UK

Dynamic Ride Control

The system consists of four single-tube shock absorbers, two central valves and connecting lines, and compensates for any undue body roll.

There are three settings:
    Comfort
    Dynamic
    Sport
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    According to the press release in the UK

Dynamic Ride Control

The system consists of four single-tube shock absorbers, two central valves and connecting lines, and compensates for any undue body roll.

There are three settings:
    Comfort
    Dynamic
    Sport
    Dear Erik,

DRC will go into production from CW18 on and will be integrated within Audi Drive Select. Most of the market introduction volume will be produced without it.

Qisha

Qisha,

this DRC - is it the same as on RS6 or with some improvements?

I think the term 'DRC' is being used in two ways.

1. To describe 3 settings.
    2. As in our old friend on the RS4 and RS6 ... the one that leaks.

Qisha, which does it have, normal setup OR the DRC with crossed linked valves ?

Dear Friends,

the DRC ist similar to the one within the RS 6 (C6), also three damping values. New is the integration within Audi drive select.

DRC function in short terms:

each damper is connected to its diagonal counterpart through a central valve. The cetral valve provides additional damping force whenever a damper is compressed.

Qisha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drc_schema..jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	9506  

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear youry,

as you know, the A5 range has the longitudinal layout. At them moment Neckarsulm does only build transverse chassis cars + the R8. Therefore the RS 5 production starts at Ingolstadt. However the Neckarsulm factory plant will be modified during this summer ~CW30 to longitudinal layout build. After that the RS 5 could prospectively also be build at Neckarsulm.

Qisha
    Hi Qisha

Are you sure about this? When I visited both factories in 2005 they were building A6s and A8s at Neckarsulm.
    2003 Audi S4 saloon (gone but not forgotten...)
    1998 Audi A4 1.9TDi quattro Sport saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Mockenrue View Post
    Hi Qisha

Are you sure about this? When I visited both factories in 2005 they were building A6s and A8s at Neckarsulm.
    Dear Mockenrue,

yes- the A6 (4F) and A8 (4E) both build within "old" line. The new A8 (4H) has the longitudinal layout (like A4, A5, Q5), as well as the upcoming A6, A7. To be more specific about what Audi cars are build at Neckarsulm: A6 Sedan, A6 Avant, A6 allroad quattro, S6 Sedan, S6 Avant, RS 6 Sedan, RS 6 Avant, R8. Exception: final assembly of A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet, Q7 V12 TDi.

Not to be mistaken by the MQP layout (Golf, A3 etc.) Sorry if i did not make myself clear.

Qisha
    Last edited by Qisha; March 4th, 2010 at 12:15. Reason: Addition

What Quisha ment as well, I think, is the planned and as it seems, comming in calender week 30 , Produktions-Drehscheibe (="turning table")

These adaptations to the Neckarsulm plant will allow Audi to build any (except A8) modell on the new LMP to be build either in Ingolstadt and or in Neckarsulm = much more flexibility in production distribution due to demand.

Today the A4, A5, Q5 can only be built in IN, whereas A6 derivates can only be built in Neckarsulm. A8 will very probalby remain Neckarsulm exclusivem due to Aluminum expertise and lines there.

Hope that helps

I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Erik,

DRC will go into production from CW18 on and will be integrated within Audi Drive Select. Most of the market introduction volume will be produced without it.

Qisha
    So in other words I could order my car without DRC then if I am concerned about its durability or will DRC be the only solution available after CW18? What is the character of the non-DRC set-up in terms dynamic/comfort trade-off - close to S-Line A5? Is the RS5 DRC primarily developed for comfort or dynamic abilities vs. conventional SS? How much weight does the conventional SS save over DRC?

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    So in other words I could order my car without DRC then if I am concerned about its durability or will DRC be the only solution available after CW18? What is the character of the non-DRC set-up in terms dynamic/comfort trade-off - close to S-Line A5? Is the RS5 DRC primarily developed for comfort or dynamic abilities vs. conventional SS? How much weight does the conventional SS save over DRC?
    Thanks for asking that question.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    OK-this is an excellent question!

1. RS5 is standard with(in German language only-sorry): RS 5 Sportfahrwerk
    mit dynamisch abgestimmter Feder-Dämpfer-Kombination und angepasster Elastokinematik;
    Fünfl enker-Leichtbau-Vorderachse mit virtueller Lenkachse, inklusive Domstrebe; Trapezlenker-
    Hinterachse mit Einzelradaufhängung; Rohrstabilisator vorn und hinten; Zweirohr-Gasdruckdämpfer
    und Schraubenfeder, Zuganschlagfeder; Achsträger hinten elastisch gelagert, vorn
    fest mit der Karosserie verschraubt. This is standard Sport Suspension. According to my source RS5 is faster on all tracks with it. It is also few kg's at least lighter then DRC which will be an option. Price of DRC option will be at least 2000€ in Germany. DRC option is developed with everday driving more in mind then spirited driving on curvy road or track. Of course, this is IMHO.

To cut a long story short-for sporty driver standard RS5 Sport Suspension. For DRC fans-DRC.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    OK-this is an excellent question!

1. RS5 is standard with(in German language only-sorry): RS 5 Sportfahrwerk
    mit dynamisch abgestimmter Feder-Dämpfer-Kombination und angepasster Elastokinematik;
    Fünfl enker-Leichtbau-Vorderachse mit virtueller Lenkachse, inklusive Domstrebe; Trapezlenker-
    Hinterachse mit Einzelradaufhängung; Rohrstabilisator vorn und hinten; Zweirohr-Gasdruckdämpfer
    und Schraubenfeder, Zuganschlagfeder; Achsträger hinten elastisch gelagert, vorn
    fest mit der Karosserie verschraubt. This is standard Sport Suspension. According to my source RS5 is faster on all tracks with it. It is also few kg's at least lighter then DRC which will be an option. Price of DRC option will be at least 2000€ in Germany. DRC option is developed with everday driving more in mind then spirited driving on curvy road or track. Of course, this is IMHO.

To cut a long story short-for sporty driver standard RS5 Sport Suspension. For DRC fans-DRC.
    Thanks for the info, KresoF1!

@Qisha: It is possible that black RS5 was already spotted on UK roads

I have all RS5 order codes for EU market. RS5 model code is 8T3RXY for example.

If someone need specific code just ask.

BTW, interesting thing about RS5 engine is that compression ratio is 12,3

On R8 4.2 it is 12,5

I'd liek to know the belgian one for sure.. thanks kresoF1
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com