Thread: RS5 not coming to the US?

RS5 not coming to the US?

Thread I came across on the M3 forum:
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=288653
    07' Boxster S
    10' S550 Sport
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder

I wonder if Qisha could shed some light on this?

My dealer also said the same thing...no RS5 or TT-RS coming to Canada.
    Any truth to this Qisha?

Somebody let us know!

i call BS. simply a way for the inept salesguy to try and sell an S5.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I just spoke with my Audi sales rep who was at our store today. I saw the e-mail from AOA and it simply said

"Not anytime soon if ever....we are working on it"

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i call BS. simply a way for the inept salesguy to try and sell an S5.
    Humm, it's not like they need to sell more, they can't even fulfill the demand right now. There's a more than 10 months waiting list for an S5 here...

I suspect the US economy to be the real problem. If they don't have the money to buy, we (in Canada) don't get the car. There's no business case for Audi to market the car for Canadians only and we must admit it, the US is still deep (thus recovering) in the recession.

Hard to believe it is not coming. As far as I know, the RS5 is coming. Not the TT-RS (big shame!) nor the RS6 (double big shame!), and the RS4 is likely only to be an Avant in the future with no US plans. Audi is really screwing it up with not bringing their top performance cars. How do they want to show parity with MB and BMW in the US with such a irrational marketing plan?
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

"Not anytime soon if ever....we are working on it"

My salesman also insisted on "we are working on it".

There are so many factors to keep in mind right now that I don't think the final decision has been made.

Remember the RS4, it took almost a year after initial Euro launch before we finally got them here. Now we're talking something not even announced in Europe. I don't think we can draw any conclusion at this time.

Let's keep hope,

Emissions were the big reason for the RS6 not come, at least that was what I was originally told but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the American economy that is the reason all these exciting cars aren't coming.

For reasons only known to Audi they don't appear to value the US market the same way as Mercedes and BMW do. Maybe their pricing is to do with it (not appearing to be as competive over there) or maybe it's the fact that RS models are so limited in numbers that there's only enough for Europe and the rest of the world, with not enough to service potential sales.
    Search and you will find the truth.

the way dollar is going against the euro, we'll be lucky if Audi doesn't stop sending "S" models to here

i think the economy is the only reason the RS6 never came to the US... the guy on audizine bought an RS6 in Mexico, drove it across the border, got it inspected and registered in the US. he then painted it flat-black to match his RS4.... so emissions arent a problem for the RS6... I don't see why they wouldnt bring the RS5 to the US, since they are discontinuing the RS4, and they won't have a single RS car in the line-up... leaving a HUGE market share to AMG and ///M...

Who is this person with the C6 RS6 in Socal? I have heard stores about the car. I wish we could get him on RS6.com.

And yes, it stinks that you can buy a C6 RS6 in Mexico and not the US.

Audi has made a big mistake not to bring the RS_ back to the US. And please give us the option to have a RS Avant. Please.

At the current rate, I may purchase a second C5 RS6 and modify one for daily driving. It seems we will never see another RS in the USA.

Finally, 100% correct on the fact that BMW and AMG will clean house. The full lineup is avail for both makes. (my wife drives a E55 and her next car is the SL) I hear the M5 will have a twin turbo next year. Audi are you reading??

Quote Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
    i think the economy is the only reason the RS6 never came to the US... the guy on audizine bought an RS6 in Mexico, drove it across the border, got it inspected and registered in the US. he then painted it flat-black to match his RS4.... so emissions arent a problem for the RS6... I don't see why they wouldnt bring the RS5 to the US, since they are discontinuing the RS4, and they won't have a single RS car in the line-up... leaving a HUGE market share to AMG and ///M...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Who is this person with the C6 RS6 in Socal? I have heard stores about the car. I wish we could get him on RS6.com.

And yes, it stinks that you can buy a C6 RS6 in Mexico and not the US.

Audi has made a big mistake not to bring the RS_ back to the US. And please give us the option to have a RS Avant. Please.

At the current rate, I may purchase a second C5 RS6 and modify one for daily driving. It seems we will never see another RS in the USA.

Finally, 100% correct on the fact that BMW and AMG will clean house. The full lineup is avail for both makes. (my wife drives a E55 and her next car is the SL) I hear the M5 will have a twin turbo next year. Audi are you reading??

here's the thread on audizine about the cars he has... he's got an rs4 as well, he got both the rs4 and rs6 either painted or wrapped in flat back...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...+import&page=3

The reason the V10 RS6 didn't come to the US is most likely because of the numbers involved. Selling 1,000 cars at a discount (compared to ROW) and paying for the certification process likely results in loses. The only way I see RS models working out for Audi in the US is if they sell them for several years. A different RS strategy would be required for all of the RS models to come to the states.
    Last edited by chewym; November 16th, 2009 at 02:40.