Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sema 2009

did someone say Grizz in Chicago?
    2003 RS6 - forsale

So is anyone going out for the show? I've thought this through and have come up with a list of pros and cons to driving the beast out. It would be cool to meet up with the group and do some runs out in the mountains. I also have free lodging available at the Polo Towers on the strip. Unfortunately, I can only acquire 2 Sema passes through my shop as that's all that they allow. When I leave MN, I will be at about 70k miles, meaning by the time I get back I will be due for my timing belt service. Also, I am currently running Michelin PS2's, and I'm unsure of whether it would be wise to drive out with my summer tires that time of year and risk getting stranded half way back.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Good points.

2 routes. 1 if by mountains....2 if by flatlands. Clear roads then drive thru Colorado on 70....bad roads then thru AZ on 40 and up on 25. I have driven them all many times.

Timing belt is good point but your going to do it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    So is anyone going out for the show? I've thought this through and have come up with a list of pros and cons to driving the beast out. It would be cool to meet up with the group and do some runs out in the mountains. I also have free lodging available at the Polo Towers on the strip. Unfortunately, I can only acquire 2 Sema passes through my shop as that's all that they allow. When I leave MN, I will be at about 70k miles, meaning by the time I get back I will be due for my timing belt service. Also, I am currently running Michelin PS2's, and I'm unsure of whether it would be wise to drive out with my summer tires that time of year and risk getting stranded half way back.

Grizz,

Is there any chance you would be willing to flash cars while your here? Can it even be done without your shop?

Pleeze......

Guys , The code we use on uk cars will have to be altered for the us ..

The good news is that James from Custom-code might be over for sema as well..
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

The question is this.

Can we make this happen?

Would James like to open up US market share?

We can get 4-6 RS6s to SEMA for a custom code US tune session.

Same question again, does James want to open up US market share?

I know what my answers would be.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    Guys , The code we use on uk cars will have to be altered for the us ..

The good news is that James from Custom-code might be over for sema as well..

There is a good chance I can make this meet. I'm going to be relocating to San Diego in the next two weeks, hopefully the timing will come together.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    The question is this.

Can we make this happen?

Would James like to open up US market share?

We can get 4-6 RS6s to SEMA for a custom code US tune session.

Same question again, does James want to open up US market share?

I know what my answers would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez0n8r View Post
    There is a good chance I can make this meet. I'm going to be relocating to San Diego in the next two weeks, hopefully the timing will come together.
    PERFECT!!!

where abouts?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Good, If RezOn8r comes out, that will replace the one just sold in San Diego. On my way home tonight I in my blue RS6 ran into Sean in his Black RS6. So a shout out to Sean and meeting up for a SD get together of RSers.

Grizz, I will be arround...

Looks like either Poway or RB.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    PERFECT!!!

where abouts?

Well guys I'll be over with you in 7 days......
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org

bump!

AUDI5000CSTQ, what time should I pick your PSS9-altered-from-9-to-1-for-the-comfort-featured-ride-to-VEGAS ??? Do I have to sign a waiver? responsibility agreement?? LEFT one or RIGHT one?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Ben is Grizz going to do the mods? The RS still has 3+1/2 hours on the REVO test mod, Sould get you most of the way to LV. PM or call DWD has my #.

damn, so what's the current status on the sema group? I may have a scheduling conflict. Bleah....

Guy's ,
    The tune I use in the uk will not work well for you due to your poor fuel..I'm speaking to custom-code to see if they are going over as well ....
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org

As was talked about in another thread our fuel is actually about the same as yours. About 95~98 RON depending on where in the states you are for premium. The Octane listed on our pumps is RON+MON/2, that is why our appears much lower than yours. It is the method of labeling, not the fuel in most cases. There are a few states out there with 90~91 R+M/2 fuel but most are 92~93 R+M/2 which is closer to 97~98 RON. We don't have the Ultimate Super 100RON around here unless you go to a few real specialty stations that have 100 R+M/2 Unleaded which is about 105 RON, but is real expensive.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Grizz,

Bring your laptop and lets do some testing with the tune and then Vag-com the results.

I cannot come up for the NHRA event this weekend but still have openings next week.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    Guy's ,
    The tune I use in the uk will not work well for you due to your poor fuel..I'm speaking to custom-code to see if they are going over as well ....