Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For the Californians

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    As a side note....I have a 88 Celica turbo alltrac / the same cousin as the UrQ and Toyota's answer to the WRC. Very rare...first year production. 70k miles, original paint, mint and highly modified. :cool2:

It sits next to my 87 Supra turbo, 70k, mint, same color combo, 1st year production and yes highly modified. :cool2:
    Hey, I think we are in need of some pictures here!
    Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    Opinions welcome!
    Looks superb, no question about it. Go get it, goes perfect with the others!

I'm a "stock" kind of guy. That's why this one appealed to me so much and why my RS will likely stay that way. It took a long time to find this superclean unmolested B5 S4 stick (I just snagged). Seems like most are moded these days.
    Great to see that you bought it, can we expect pics of the 3 cars together soon then?

In 88 the Alltrac sticker price was in the 24k range. Steep

Ditto for the Supra turbo...mid to high 20s and into the low 30s back in the day. 87-92

I will get them both out this weekend and snap some pics

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I had a buddy in high school that had that exact same car. Too bad I couldn't appreciate it at the time (I had an Iroc Z)

I think I need to build me one of these. hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24OcmwtuREo
    Pardon my ignorance but I THOUGHT that this video was the urQ. It sounds like this one is a urQ Sport?

What is the difference between a urQ and the urQ sport???

...sheltered life....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but I THOUGHT that this video was the urQ. It sounds like this one is a urQ Sport?

What is the difference between a urQ and the urQ sport???

...sheltered life....
    Quite a few differences actually, the biggest being that unfortunately the Sport was not sold in the states. It was made as a street release so that Audi could enter a "production car" in competition.

Walnut Creeker here

My office is right around the corner from M Service. I have never had my Audi serviced there, as it seems to cater to the BMW crowd (obviously by the name), but I haven't heard anything bad about the place. In my opinion, a better place for Audi service is European Autoservice, where I have my A6 4.2 taken care of. Tomas is great, and they work on a lot of older model Audis. I believe he may even own a urq.

In 88 the Alltrac sticker price was in the 24k range. Steep

Ditto for the Supra turbo...mid to high 20s and into the low 30s back in the day. 87-92

I will get them both out this weekend and snap some pics
    I didn't mean that in a bad way, I'm just implying that in my infinite 16 year old wisdom, I had no idea what a rare and capable car my buddy's Alltrac was, as my automotive knowledge at the time started at Camaro's and ended at Chevelles.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
    My office is right around the corner from M Service. I have never had my Audi serviced there, as it seems to cater to the BMW crowd (obviously by the name), but I haven't heard anything bad about the place. In my opinion, a better place for Audi service is European Autoservice, where I have my A6 4.2 taken care of. Tomas is great, and they work on a lot of older model Audis. I believe he may even own a urq.
    Do you have a contact person there and a number? I may give them a call Monday to see what they can do for me.

Pat

No worries. I didnt own an Audi till my late 40s. I had to make it thru my muscle car days then Toyota and Lexus days to finally make to Audi and Benz.

You got a good head start having your Audi so early.

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    I didn't mean that in a bad way, I'm just implying that in my infinite 16 year old wisdom, I had no idea what a rare and capable car my buddy's Alltrac was, as my automotive knowledge at the time started at Camaro's and ended at Chevelles.

Quite a few differences actually, the biggest being that unfortunately the Sport was not sold in the states. It was made as a street release so that Audi could enter a "production car" in competition.

Thank YOU!

Now how to get a SPORT to the US.....
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

How fitting

SAF

Here you go. A series of youtube vids from those crazy brits with the tv show. Series 1 of 5...just click the following to get the rest of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8NTl...eature=related

LOL....I am still laughing. Those guys are so funny.
    Last edited by DHall1; October 4th, 2009 at 17:53.

Quote Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
    In my opinion, a better place for Audi service is European Autoservice, where I have my A6 4.2 taken care of. Tomas is great, and they work on a lot of older model Audis. I believe he may even own a urq.
    surferdude, thanks, I found their contact info and will call them Monday. Please check your messages!

Thank YOU!

Now how to get a SPORT to the US.....
    I think there are a few Sports running around in the states, as well as a couple of these rally cars. A friend of mine here in TX owns this one.

SAF

Here you go. A series of youtube vids from those crazy brits with the tv show. Series 1 of 5...just click the following to get the rest of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8NTl...eature=related
    Too funny! I just watched those last week! I'd had them bookmarked forever but finally sat down and watched them. I watch the show on HDNET regularly, but have only seen this episode on the web.

Walnut Creek, if I am not mistaken, is up north of SFO and what is even more surprising is that there IS a URQ in the US!?!?!?!
    Actually, I am not surprised that a Urq is available in northern California. The Golden Gate Chapter of ACNA is one of the biggest with a large contingency of die-hard Audi enthusiasts who love to track there cars. Just head to Sears Point for one of there events and it's a feast for the eyes if you are into Audi racing and track. So, I am not surprised at all that there is a nice urq there. Plus, San Francisco is one of AoA's best markets.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

This is an excellent doc to show what they did with that car. The 5th segment shows the test drive after. Look at Ed's face and the grin from ear to ear as he is driving that car.

You cant make that stuff up. The chap was a very happy camper.

It must be quite a car.

Too funny! I just watched those last week! I'd had them bookmarked forever but finally sat down and watched them. I watch the show on HDNET regularly, but have only seen this episode on the web.

This is an excellent doc to show what they did with that car. The 5th segment shows the test drive after. Look at Ed's face and the grin from ear to ear as he is driving that car.

You cant make that stuff up. The chap was a very happy camper.

It must be quite a car.
    Yeah that test drive was the best. He was gushing over that old Q. Great way to show how the car holds up and performs even today. It only helped to confirm my need for one.

This is just crazy. That platform is a wolf in sheeps clothing

Ok....ok....ok some pics

Downpipe pic....there is a big ass turbo under that cover. It took some effort to fit the DP and run that size under the engine and underside.

Original paint on all panels. No rust anywhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSIDE.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	8640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOWNPIPE.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	8641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REAR2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	8642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSIDE.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	8643  

Very nice! What's the cockpit look like?