Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For the Californians

For the Californians

Anyone near Walnut Creek, and if so, are you familiar with a shop there called M Service?

I am looking to buy an '83 urq from a guy there, but since I'm in TX I am first planning on having him take it to M Service for a full report before I let loose with a deposit (this shop was recommended to me by an aquaintance out there who is a Porsche guy). If everything checks out, I will be flying out there in a few weeks to drive one of my favorite Audis ever back to its new home!

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    Anyone near Walnut Creek, and if so, are you familiar with a shop there called M Service?

I am looking to buy an '83 urq from a guy there, but since I'm in TX I am first planning on having him take it to M Service for a full report before I let loose with a deposit (this shop was recommended to me by an aquaintance out there who is a Porsche guy). If everything checks out, I will be flying out there in a few weeks to drive one of my favorite Audis ever back to its new home!
    Walnut Creek, if I am not mistaken, is up north of SFO and what is even more surprising is that there IS a URQ in the US!?!?!?!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

There are plenty.

http://www.audi-quattro.org/misc/rdh/index.html

SAF....good luck with the purchase.

As a side note....I have a 88 Celica turbo alltrac / the same cousin as the UrQ and Toyota's answer to the WRC. Very rare...first year production. 70k miles, original paint, mint and highly modified. :cool2:

It sits next to my 87 Supra turbo, 70k, mint, same color combo, 1st year production and yes highly modified. :cool2:

Enjoy. This is a nice looking car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb8UH...&feature=fvwe1

And if you wish to modify one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmyM-a5Slc

And this one is just plain scary. I love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD4Dh...eature=related

I think I need to build me one of these. hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24OcmwtuREo

DHall, SWEET! (some fun reading for you if you haven't seen this)

Hot dog! I have not!

I took my 88 AT from bone stock 24k miles into a rompin stompin 350hp little beast. Bone stock the Toyota was a little tank with terrible suspension but the platform was all there. Special one off Whiteline full suspension upgrades, turbo, fuel, exhaust, brakes, tuning and wheels.

Good luck with your purchase. We need pics. I will dust off my Celica and snap some as well.

I've never seen one of those Celicas...I may have to divert through your neck of the desert on my way back with the urq! I've got some pics of it, just give me a minute....

Opinions welcome!

Damn that car is clean.

You are welcome to swing thru. Just take the I-10 route back to TX. You will drive right by.

Wow, look at all the space under that hood. What are your plans for a car like this - stock or "heavily modified"?

Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    Wow, look at all the space under that hood. What are your plans for a car like this - stock or "heavily modified"?
    I'm a "stock" kind of guy. That's why this one appealed to me so much and why my RS will likely stay that way. It took a long time to find this superclean unmolested B5 S4 stick (I just snagged). Seems like most are moded these days.

That car is great just the way it is. A part of history.

Nice find on the B5

Both my Toyota's are modified as far as tuning, suspension and brakes but if you were to walk up to each one....you would think they were bone stock but ride height would look a tad lower than stock. Even the rim upgrades were Toyota spec upgrades. You might see my EGT, Boost, Wide band O2 gauges, fuel pressure and LM1 and start scratching your head alittle.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    I'm a "stock" kind of guy. That's why this one appealed to me so much and why my RS will likely stay that way. It took a long time to find this superclean unmolested B5 S4 stick (I just snagged). Seems like most are moded these days.

You'll have quite the Audi collection!
    What's next after the UrQ?

Very cool find- Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

Nice find on the B5

Both my Toyota's are modified as far as tuning, suspension and brakes but if you were to walk up to each one....you would think they were bone stock but ride height would look a tad lower than stock. Even the rim upgrades were Toyota spec upgrades. You might see my EGT, Boost, Wide band O2 gauges, fuel pressure and LM1 and start scratching your head alittle.
    Yeah, the one owner of the B5 never even tinted the windows. Post those Toy pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    You'll have quite the Audi collection!
    What's next after the UrQ?

The only other is to get a 1972 Coupe 100S shipped over here. The only Audi I'd cherish more than the urq. (except a German urq Sport of course )

Ok,

Here is a shot of the Alltrac after installing the full Whiteline suspension. Still "looks" stock.

I will get it dusted off and take some pics this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	st165_lowered-002.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	8633  

Oh snap! That looks beautiful. I need to see that car in the flesh!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Ok,

Here is a shot of the Alltrac after installing the full Whiteline suspension. Still "looks" stock.

I will get it dusted off and take some pics this weekend.
    I had a buddy in high school that had that exact same car. Too bad I couldn't appreciate it at the time (I had an Iroc Z)
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's