Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pics: Audi RS5 unmasked!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Balsen View Post
    problem of RS4 engine is not the size of the air intake but the temperature under the hood. Properly cooled, the engine is much stronger. And sorry to say it but the sound of the engine is very good to me...

Unfortunately we are sitting in the middle of a battle at Ingolstadt between Turbo and No-Turbo...

Frederic
    The turbo, supercharge, which ever one is most suitable will win. N/A is dead in the water, every brand is making the swap over from N/A and I doubt Audi will not follow, especially as they probably the king when it comes to producing the best turbo engines.

I would lay any amount of money that if the RS5 had been delayed another 6-9 months it wouldn't have had a N/A engine.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Balsen View Post
    I agree with you.

I hope the current RS4 B8 prototype running with the V8 4.0l Twin turbo arround Ingolstadt win at the end....
    Yes, that's the V8 Bi-turbo with overhead (between V) turbo's.
    We will see that engine in the next Gen S8, Audi R8 and a lot more sporty Audi's.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Yes, that's the V8 Bi-turbo with overhead (between V) turbo's.
    We will see that engine in the next Gen S8, Audi R8 and a lot more sporty Audi's.
    This I believe is the same design that BMW have used in their X5M and X6M. In both those two cars the feedback is mighty impressive, with near zero lag and mountains of trust.

Still don't see why a supercharger system like the one used in the S4 wouldn't have worked a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    This I believe is the same design that BMW have used in their X5M and X6M. In both those two cars the feedback is mighty impressive, with near zero lag and mountains of trust.

Still don't see why a supercharger system like the one used in the S4 wouldn't have worked a treat.
    http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/detr...-v8-twin-turbo

Heaven knows how this thing could possibly be as light as a supercharged version.

At least Audi will be able to include a beautiful bit of CF to complete the look.

Looks like that BMW engine is Direct Injection, so at least it will carbon up and slow down at the same rate as an Audi FSI .....

A NA RS 5 is tracigally prehistoric. I will never buy one. better to wait for next RS4 or go for another brand.

I know tuners that run 3.0TFSI Supercharger engine's under development with close to 500 hp. (tuned the hole nine yards)