Thread: New Here

New Here

Hi everyone , Ive been trolling around here for a couple months since I picked up the RS6. Lots of good info here. I am in central NJ and ended up taking the car to AWE for ECU/Tip chip flashes. I unfortunately hit a deer on the GSP the other day so...........car is gonna be in the body shop for a couple weeks. Can anyone of those that have done this tell me about how much it was to switch over to the newer nav system?

Thanks,
    Ron

$1,399 at this site. The self install is pretty easy and takes a couple of hours. I did mine a while back and it was a great upgrade.

http://www.vagnavs.com/Audi3.html

Welcome aboard the crazy train!

Here is a pretty good self install guide by nene on how to install the RNS-E

http://home.comcast.net/~nelson.paiva/RNS-E.pdf

I just used the gps antennae that came with the kit and it merely goes behind the instrument cluster. I've kept a strong signal and it works just fine without having to go to the trouble to link it into the car's gps antenna.

Let me know if I can answer further questions. You also might be able to find a used one and save a few $$$ if you find a dependable seller.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Here is a pretty good self install guide by nene on how to install the RNS-E

http://home.comcast.net/~nelson.paiva/RNS-E.pdf

I just used the gps antennae that came with the kit and it merely goes behind the instrument cluster. I've kept a strong signal and it works just fine without having to go to the trouble to link it into the car's gps antenna.

Let me know if I can answer further questions. You also might be able to find a used one and save a few $$$ if you find a dependable seller.
    ditto on the antennae, never any issues. Best interior update to the car. I had posted previously that I could do a few steps easier than the install instructions, the main being that there is no need to remove the lower dash panel or fully remove the cluster as you can access everything by just undoing the screws to the cluster then pulling it out turning it some and laying it down on the steering column face down (on a towel to protect it) then tap into the gala wire without undoing all the cluster connectors. You can easily reach the spot to put the GPS as well as run the wires and tie them down to the subframe back to the center stack and the back on the RNSE module.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet