Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: A little help

  1. #1
    Registered User tkrtape1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    25

    A little help

    High guys , I'm a newbie here I've spoke with a couple of you guys and you guys have been real helpful...so I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy an RS6....I'm going friday late afternoon to see this car, the stealership sound a bit goofy when I was asking him questions about upkeep and what has been done, but here's the vin..
    WUAPV54B43N905053 I just wanted to see if anyone may know something about this car like the one in FLA.

    Oh yeah I'm getting out of my 04 A8..just want a little more fun..I have a tweeked red FX35 Daily..and I'm getting rid of my 300ZXTT...I've had my A8 about 6 months..


    Thanks in advance

    Pete

  2. #2
    Registered User mmaturo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,066
    where is the car at?? details.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

  3. #3
    Registered User V8weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrtape1 View Post
    High guys , I'm a newbie here I've spoke with a couple of you guys and you guys have been real helpful...so I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy an RS6....I'm going friday late afternoon to see this car, the stealership sound a bit goofy when I was asking him questions about upkeep and what has been done, but here's the vin..
    WUAPV54B43N905053 I just wanted to see if anyone may know something about this car like the one in FLA.

    Oh yeah I'm getting out of my 04 A8..just want a little more fun..I have a tweeked red FX35 Daily..and I'm getting rid of my 300ZXTT...I've had my A8 about 6 months..


    Thanks in advance

    Pete
    I can tell you it's only one number off from my vin#, weird.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

  4. #4
    Registered User mmaturo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,066
    that is kinda interesting too bad we didn't keep the VIN list up as there is a lot on new owners rolling in...i'm 524 earlier and i swear built after a trip to Oktoberfest...
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

  5. #5
    Registered User tkrtape1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    25
    Hey MMaturo,

    It's in Rolling Meadows Exotic - Motors asking 25k
    The guy sent me pics it looks clean, but it just sound like he
    didn't know about the perticulars....Thanks

    Pete

  6. #6
    Registered User mmaturo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,066
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrtape1 View Post
    Hey MMaturo,

    It's in Rolling Meadows Exotic - Motors asking 25k
    The guy sent me pics it looks clean, but it just sound like he
    didn't know about the perticulars....Thanks

    Pete
    ah yes, I wasn't 100% sure you were the same person that posted the other day that i responded to. Consider taking it to Al at CPT as i said in the other post to check it over quickly. If i wasn't going out of town tomorrow i would swing by this weekend to take a quick look at it. My only issue is that i feel like the dealerships with names like 'exotic' anything are crawling with car salesmen hell but the car could be just fine. Talk them down though. They probably picked it up at auction in the upper teens, so low 20s is it.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

  7. #7
    Registered User tkrtape1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    25
    Yeah I have a buyer for the A8 at 22k...Thinking I should take my car and try a swap 1st if fails then sell it to the indiv. but I was going for 20-20500,out the door they have had it for at least 2 months...Yeah I'll give your guy a call...thanks. The guy said they have a carfax but I'm going to have my local service guy at HP Audi run a service report in the AM.
    Thanks

    Have a good trip

    Pete

  8. #8
    Registered User mmaturo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,066
    good plan. right number. The service history will help although someone would run screaming if they saw my car's service history and the pile of paper but it has been sorted out (mostly) and has always been very strong...stronger than the average RS and still looks great inside and out so its hard to know other than making sure all the regular maintenance has been done (timing belt a biggie in the 70-80K mile range), and its not making any strange noises, handles well...no bouncing, and no hesitations at any point when accelerating.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

  9. #9
    Registered User tkrtape1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    25
    Anyone notice in 10 days that Autotrader was as high as 35 RS6's now down to 27... (I think it's this site makes you want one!) I went to a local stealership that has the grey one for 25900..car checked out with AOA but they were not budging on price...and they were not the best or the friendliest to deal with...I think I hopefully have my A8 sold by Monday.

    PM

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,775
    There is only one RS6.

    You will never see anything like it again on US soil.

    Nancy Pelosi will make damn sure of it.

    Get your RS6 while you can.


  11. #11
    Registered User tkrtape1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    25
    DHall!..That's great ..I work in the finacial sector and the stuff that was coming out of her mouth when we were in quote termoil was just wrong...good call...I hope not to piss anyone off but man she's a piece of work....that being said I agree.

    PM

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,775
    Dont worry. I generally get in trouble about 3 times a year for posting political stuff.



    I tend to be like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when it comes to RS6 content..... finance and political stuff.

    Got to keep everyone alert.

  13. #13
    Registered User RS6-4dr911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    that is kinda interesting too bad we didn't keep the VIN list up as there is a lot on new owners rolling in...i'm 524 earlier and i swear built after a trip to Oktoberfest...

    I've got that one the list but the only info I have is that it's Daytona Grey.

  14. #14
    Registered User uncfrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Posts
    146
    I was on my way to Chicago when I changed my mind on the RS6. I bought one in Minneapolis. I had some concerns about transmission repairs etc. The one I got is a one owner with a 2year warranty on a transmission rebuild. The dealer that sold it serviced it since new. They had good things to say about the car and let me know when it would be due for timing belt service. The guys at Exotic scared me. They always had about 5 customers ready to buy this car and typically new nothing about it. I opted for one with more miles but the one owner & transmission thing and about the same price swayed me at the last minute. The car drives great so far. I will probably go through the brakes soon even though I probably could wait awhile. My old age makes me more concerned about stopping the Beast than it did 40 years ago.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out there
    Posts
    7,775
    Congrats on the purchase!

    Read our threads on the brakes...it will save you $$

    What are the specs on your car? Start a new thread. Welcome aboard the crazy train.



    Quote Originally Posted by uncfrk View Post
    I was on my way to Chicago when I changed my mind on the RS6. I bought one in Minneapolis. I had some concerns about transmission repairs etc. The one I got is a one owner with a 2year warranty on a transmission rebuild. The dealer that sold it serviced it since new. They had good things to say about the car and let me know when it would be due for timing belt service. The guys at Exotic scared me. They always had about 5 customers ready to buy this car and typically new nothing about it. I opted for one with more miles but the one owner & transmission thing and about the same price swayed me at the last minute. The car drives great so far. I will probably go through the brakes soon even though I probably could wait awhile. My old age makes me more concerned about stopping the Beast than it did 40 years ago.

  16. #16
    Registered User uncfrk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Posts
    146
    I'll post next week. I'm in Lincoln Ne. right now. & will be back home in Cedar Falls, Iowa. I'll try to post pics.

    2003 AllRoad Black
    2002 TT (daughter driver) Black
    2003 RS6 Grey

  17. #17
    Registered User mmaturo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,066
    Congrats...probably a very good move on the Minn car. I am super leary of any of the creepy independent 'higher end' car lots in the chicago area like exotic motors and others. Everytime i have looked at a car they were all subpar or clearly had undisclosed body work.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •