Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lease coming up on RS6 - What now?

Lease coming up on RS6 - What now?

Hey guys I thought I would quiz the board here on where guys are going after the RS6.

I was SO wanting to get an RS5, but the two problems with that are that it is not getting a lot of nice discussion and it may never get to the USA. Geezus, what the hell is Audi doing???

Anyway, I just started to delve into thinking about it and can't seem to find anything that sparks me like the the RS6 did. I have a partial list of options:

New:

S5 - decent, ho hum
    TTS - kinda small
    TTRS - better, but again not in USA -- hello audi, anyone home?
    M6 - rather have an Audi

Used:
    Bentley Continental GT - a bit old man
    DB9 - upkeep out the wazoo?
    SL AMG - lots and lots of them out there

or I could just keep the awesome RS6....now at 80k mileage..

458 Italia

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Hey guys I thought I would quiz the board here on where guys are going after the RS6.

I was SO wanting to get an RS5, but the two problems with that are that it is not getting a lot of nice discussion and it may never get to the USA. Geezus, what the hell is Audi doing???

Anyway, I just started to delve into thinking about it and can't seem to find anything that sparks me like the the RS6 did. I have a partial list of options:

New:

S5 - decent, ho hum
    TTS - kinda small
    M6 - rather have an Audi

Used:

LOL- "DB9 upkeep out the wazoo" ummm I think the RS is right there with it. My back-up was an S5 but still keeping RS6 till i catch up with depreciation. I have same issue as I would do a TTRS now and really want RS5 when/if... used R8s are a little below 100K. Maserati Gran Tourismo looks great...used one not bad on price, probably in same camp as Astons on who knows how it will hold up.

In reality (I hope...economy help me out please) a R8 is next late next year with an S or RS5 as the daily driver after that.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Simple.

There is nothing out there to replace the RS6.

Turn in your lease.

Go find a low mileage 10-20k RS6 and purchase the Audi Fidelity ext warranty. Enjoy for 6 more years.

The end.

New:

S5 - decent, ho hum
    TTS - kinda small
    M6 - rather have an Audi

Used:

used continental GT! TWIN TURBO W12... i'm sure the performace will be on-par with the RS6, but so will maintenance... and no its not for old men. put some nice wheels on it and you're set

Quote Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
    used continental GT! TWIN TURBO W12... i'm sure the performace will be on-par with the RS6, but so will maintenance... and no its not for old men. put some nice wheels on it and you're set
    agree...around Chicago its the barely thirty traders or ball players driving around in them. Hundreds of them here.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Simple.

There is nothing out there to replace the RS6.

Turn in your lease.

Go find a low mileage 10-20k RS6 and purchase the Audi Fidelity ext warranty. Enjoy for 6 more years.

The end.
    Well that isn't too bad of an idea....

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    used R8s are a little below 100K.

In reality (I hope...economy help me out please) a R8 is next late next year with an S or RS5 as the daily driver after that.
    Well you got me. I had thought I could pick up an R8 for under a hundred by now, but I haven't seen any.

R8 would be my first choice.

Search... several under 100k. I vote R8. At the end of the day.. what do YOU want and what will you use it for? We cant answer that.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

What to get after an RS6

Living in Chicago, I faced a similar dilemma when I recently turned in my leased RS4 last month. Ordered an S6 but it just didn't feel right after the RS4 so I started looking at other models:

R8 - Two seater (I own a 2010 Porsche 911). not enough room, very fast, price tag getting out of reach
    MB 6.3 - Very nice, very fast, like the RS4 but just slightly larger, priced at less then the S6 by $15M, automatic, but not AWD
    Bentley GT - Very very nice, but felt too big, felt too older guy, high price tag
    RS6 - Looked at the availability of low mile 2003 and bought one through an Minnesota Audi dealer with 24K miles with a four year 60,000 mile full coverage warranty. Advantage? Got a beast of a car (but you already know that), lowered my payment to 40% of my RS4, slealth look but still an Audi on steroids look, comfortable, roomy, sounds terrific yet inside the cab it is quiet enough, upgradeable ECM upto 650hp+ for around $12,000-$15,000.

In 3 years I will be able to sell this RS6 for about 2/3 what I paid for it and get something better (if it exist).

Porsche Panamera?

AWD, Turbo, four door.

Then again, let them workout any new model kinks first.

The RS6 is a difficult car to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Search... several under 100k. I vote R8. At the end of the day.. what do YOU want and what will you use it for? We cant answer that.
    Autotrader - 1
    Vehix - 0
    ebay - lowest one sold for $110k

Autotrader - 1
    Vehix - 0
    I have seen one go at $98K...give it a little more time (3 months, as round one owners get their V10s). I have seen under $110K certainly.

Autotrader - 1
    Vehix - 0

Ebay isnt accurate -90% of sales close after auction end at unspecified price. I saw 2 at 99k, and one at 95k last week. 2 silver and 1 black. Those were ask prices. Probably sold quickly.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

I may actually do a porsche 917k build with a twin turbo. Its a little overkill and not too sophisticated but blindingly fast and fun. Of course the R8's are cool and a bit more "practicle".

SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    agree...around Chicago its the barely thirty traders or ball players driving around in them. Hundreds of them here.

that's for sure, they're like honda accords near downtown...

can't believe how many there are
    2003 RS6 - forsale

can't go wrong with a gallardo
    2003 RS6 - forsale