Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: extended warranty question...

extended warranty question...

anybody ever use Carchex to find an extended warranty..they just gave me a fantastic quote on my RS6

full full coverage (only radio and nav excluded...i asked about turbos, transmission, suspension etc.) on a 77K car for 3 years/36K miles for $3300...ummm sold. Not sure of negatives?????...will look at it closer when i get the package and the actual provider but assuming its a leggit company i think i might be happy. Have an 18 month period to do payments, no interest...thoughts?? Carrier is "Peoples Vehicle Protection"
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

here's their contract: http://www.aaautowarranty.com/contracts/PVP_Full.pdf

Some dude with an STS couldn't dig up a whole lot of information on them so he bought GM's private label warranty instead.. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...p-company.html

Anyway, if you read the contract, it states that the warranty is actually backed by:

Lyndon Property Insurance Company, 14755 N. Outer Forty Rd., Ste. 400, St. Louis,
    MO 63017, (800) 950-6060

And well, let's just say based on my cursory browse around, the news isn't all positive...

http://dockets.justia.com/search?q=L...urance+Company
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/Continen...on-P-92A5D.htm

Anyway, do a bit more reading on Lyndon before you sign off is what I would advise.

Royal Administration Services is the actual admistrator as i am now reading it...some bad stuff but not too bad i have dug up on the ripoffreport...
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

winter driving

MMaturo,

I have a 04 A8 that I've had for about 5 months and I'm looking for a little more fun in a car and have started shopping for a RS6...I have a couple other cars..300zxTT,FX35, so it would not be a primary driver but I live in the northern burbs and work down town ,how is the RS6 during our winters? and I bought my A8 with a Fidelity warrenty and the've been great..rear trunk lid and motor, raditator replaced and a bushing.

thanks in advance I have those wheels on my silver A8.
    your car looks good.

PM

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    anybody ever use Carchex to find an extended warranty..they just gave me a fantastic quote on my RS6

full full coverage (only radio and nav excluded...i asked about turbos, transmission, suspension etc.) on a 77K car for 3 years/36K miles for $3300...ummm sold. Not sure of negatives?????...will look at it closer when i get the package and the actual provider but assuming its a leggit company i think i might be happy. Have an 18 month period to do payments, no interest...thoughts?? Carrier is "Peoples Vehicle Protection"
    read the fine print on a few of these items:

1. What is the max labor rate they will pay?
    2. How is the claim paid? ( Credit Card to shop is best )
    3. Check for actual items covered, suspension, leaks, turbos, etc
    4. Check if they use OEM parts or like kind = Auto Zone or Salvage
    5. Check that Diag and Taxes are covered as well as a low deductible per visit not per covered item.

I run ext warranty claims daily, drop me a line if you like, I'll help if I can.

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

Quote Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW View Post
    read the fine print on a few of these items:

1. What is the max labor rate they will pay?
    2. How is the claim paid? ( Credit Card to shop is best )
    3. Check for actual items covered, suspension, leaks, turbos, etc
    4. Check if they use OEM parts or like kind = Auto Zone or Salvage
    5. Check that Diag and Taxes are covered as well as a low deductible per visit not per covered item.

I run ext warranty claims daily, drop me a line if you like, I'll help if I can.

Steve
    about to do an abort after reading as labor rate is market average not what i actually have to pay in Chicago. They do use credit card. Parts is a little too obscure for the RS6 I think but does cover a lot, transmission, torque converter (my biggest fear with my car), axles, differential, turbos, timing belt, suspension...everything but shocks, some leaks.

The items i really want covered are but a good amount is not...example anything to do with emissions, the 02 sensors, blow off valves, intercoolers, airbags and any related sensors (8 have failed in my car), so thinking there is too much not covered but then again i do have 77K miles on the car and $3000 for this for 36K i still sorta feel like enough is covered to be worth it?????

Also has a payment plan which is what makes this work for me...I don't have the savings to blow on a one-time payment to Fidelity for instance.

Any part not listed isn't included and ofcourse the name of a part is up to interpretation...not sure.

Audi dealer offered me Fidelity with 10% down and 18 months to pay.

Did a little search on audiworld and turned up the 'famous' bruce m:

>>>>>>
    If you'd like a quote on some options, please email me at brucem105@comcast.net.

Fidelity is a very good outfit. The "roasts" they get are actually a very small number, as you have to look at complaints vs. warranties sold. It might sound terrible to see 50 complaints online. But if they sell 50,000 warranties a month, it's not bad at all.

Warranty Direct is INDS, I used to sell their warranties. They are VERY tough on claims, but they are not unprofessional. They pay only what they are obligated to pay, not a nickel more.

Although lately, due to economic times being much tougher, all warranty companies are using their rights in the contract to substitute used or rebuilt or 3rd party parts, sending inspectors out more often, sending the car to a shop of their choosing, etc. That's only happened in the last year or so.

Bruce
    <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by tkrtape1 View Post
    MMaturo,

I have a 04 A8 that I've had for about 5 months and I'm looking for a little more fun in a car and have started shopping for a RS6...I have a couple other cars..300zxTT,FX35, so it would not be a primary driver but I live in the northern burbs and work down town ,how is the RS6 during our winters? and I bought my A8 with a Fidelity warrenty and the've been great..rear trunk lid and motor, raditator replaced and a bushing.

thanks in advance I have those wheels on my silver A8.
    your car looks good.

PM
    The RS6 is excellent in the snow.... i've had it out in the worst snow storms the last few years. You must get good snow tires (I use Dunlop Wintersport M3s) but the car handles fantastic. It's my daily driver and i have never been stuck or felt like i was not in control with the car. Obviously the only thing to worry about is using the front as a snow plow but i have not had an issue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sheatisdale View Post
    Audi dealer offered me Fidelity with 10% down and 18 months to pay.
    If you don't mind me asking...which one...contact and phone number??? Also i have 77K which seemed to be past what fidelity likes.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Did a little search on audiworld and turned up the 'famous' bruce m:

>>>>>>
    If you'd like a quote on some options, please email me at brucem105@comcast.net.

Fidelity is a very good outfit. The "roasts" they get are actually a very small number, as you have to look at complaints vs. warranties sold. It might sound terrible to see 50 complaints online. But if they sell 50,000 warranties a month, it's not bad at all.

Warranty Direct is INDS, I used to sell their warranties. They are VERY tough on claims, but they are not unprofessional. They pay only what they are obligated to pay, not a nickel more.

Although lately, due to economic times being much tougher, all warranty companies are using their rights in the contract to substitute used or rebuilt or 3rd party parts, sending inspectors out more often, sending the car to a shop of their choosing, etc. That's only happened in the last year or so.

Bruce
    <<<<<<
    I emailed him before and his 'deals' on high mileage RS6s were not there at all (his limit was around 60K). I had warranty direct in the past and was fine for my TT. Just not sure here as I guess it covers a lot but then again who knows. Only found 9 complaints on line which as he said didn't seem bad to me considering how many policies must be out there...

Help

Thanks, I bought my A8 from an older gent in skokie, it was tranferable but I think he got it from the Audi dealer in Highland Park..ask for Dave the service writer, that guy is great..he goes above and beyond CS.

I'm going to look at this RS6 hopefully in the afternoon.
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Thanks

I'll keep you guys posted I hope to by one this week.

Pete

Thanks, I bought my A8 from an older gent in skokie, it was tranferable but I think he got it from the Audi dealer in Highland Park..ask for Dave the service writer, that guy is great..he goes above and beyond CS.

I'm going to look at this RS6 hopefully in the afternoon.
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Thanks

I'll keep you guys posted I hope to by one this week.

Pete
    You may want to call Al at gocpt.com http://gocpt.com/
    to check it over for you...independent shop that specializes in Audis and p-cars...he has plenty of experience with RS6s...he works on several in the Audi club. You can do a couple of thousand better on the price.

Awesome I started asking this guy for service records and what all has been done to car and he seemed like he really
    did not have a clue...thanks for the heads up..doe nt that seem like a cheap price also..I just missed a silver one at a skokie dealer with 50k miles..argh!

Thanks
    Pete

Awesome I started asking this guy for service records and what all has been done to car and he seemed like he really
    did not have a clue...thanks for the heads up..doe nt that seem like a cheap price also..I just missed a silver one at a skokie dealer with 50k miles..argh!

Thanks
    Pete
    Don't be afraid to go nationwide in your search and some of the people thinking about selling here on this site. Also in the post above Duck mentions BruceM...he also locates cars for people that come up for auction and checks them out and will get a great deal for people so you may consider emailing him about your RS6 search. They come up at auction in the mid to upper teens.

MMAturo, Thanks that's a huge tip I would really like to find a specific color Blue, silver or black that might be a better route especially at that pricing, plus to have someone check it out is a priceless benefit...Thanks I'll reach out...and i owe you a beer.

Pete

MMAturo, Thanks that's a huge tip I would really like to find a specific color Blue, silver or black that might be a better route especially at that pricing, plus to have someone check it out is a priceless benefit...Thanks I'll reach out...and i owe you a beer.

Pete
    Once you get it or even now we do somewhat semi regular beer outings with the Audi club guys... check out Quattroworld for the Chicago forum every once in awhile...once you get it you will want to do one of our track driver ed events to learn what it does...best thing i ever did with my RS6 when i first got it...there is an event every spring at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet...

http://forums.quattroworld.com/lrqc/

and http://www.audichicago.org/

so the Royal Administrative Services has an A+ BBB rating...that seems good??