Thread: Need some info..again

Need some info..again

Guys, i have been in contact with Grizz and i am willing to buy some stuf from him. So i am looking around the internet to see what can i buy to make better my RS. So i have some things i would like to order but have no idea if they are really good. So if you can write some information about the following to make my choice to buy or not to buy. Thanks a lot for any help

1.- Sport cats 100 cell (wanna improve the sound--if i put it what will improve?)
    2.- Silicon Kit for Turbos( they wrote me that they are better for turbos--not really sure why)
    3.- Wagner intercooler (what will change when i replace the OEM with these ones)
    4.- ITG filters (what will improve?..i have the KN on and really NOT happy)

Hmmm....nobody nothing?..i tryid to search some discussion obout the ITG but couldnt find anything about the difference between ITG and KN filters. Just found that most of you have the ITG filters.

Anything on the cats, silicone hoses and intercooler?

give it some time or keep digging to search the threads
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

It's my appreciation you should never use a K&N air filter on these cars. OEM is just fine.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Intercooler performance gain - any?

Just found out today IC's are shot. I too have searched pretty thoroughly here and found nothing about real world gains of Wagner over OEM (on a stock RS6) - neither HP, intake temps, nor plain ol' butt dyno.

I'm putting off the replacement until I can get some more definitive info, however, if the build quality is better, the labor savings of not replacing them in 4 more years may be good enough.

Anyone? Grizz? Sounds like you've got the best database of customer cars that have made the switch - any customer feedback on the difference?

I'm just getting ready to install my Wagner's and I can say they look great, with very good looking welds. Venair screwed up my intercooler hose order so I'm waiting on them to arrive to finish the install. They are of a similar design as OEM with nice smooth bends and the intake/exhaust pipes are extremely smooth on the insides. Basically, they are just thicker than stock, and of better looking quality. I purchased mine through the 034 motorsports group buy and they may still be available at the $1750 price. Contact 034 if interested.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    Just found out today IC's are shot. I too have searched pretty thoroughly here and found nothing about real world gains of Wagner over OEM (on a stock RS6) - neither HP, intake temps, nor plain ol' butt dyno.

I'm putting off the replacement until I can get some more definitive info, however, if the build quality is better, the labor savings of not replacing them in 4 more years may be good enough.

Anyone? Grizz? Sounds like you've got the best database of customer cars that have made the switch - any customer feedback on the difference?
    There was the HAWAII DIY with photos and replacing with WAGNERS. It looks good if you have the place/time/tools to do it and patient friend or two...

EDIT:
    er, actually it is AchTuning intercoolers DIY
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=wagner

leak repair, kinda, with complete bumper repair
    http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....ghlight=wagner
    Last edited by ben916; December 2nd, 2009 at 03:42. Reason: corrections
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Do a search for the Intercooler repair thread which is in very good detail with pictures on removing and replacing the intercoolers as well as repair. I used it to pull the front bumper. The wheels don't need to be removed if the front is jacked up and they can be turned left & right. The headlight removal is a must (I tried to skip this step at first but realized it was useless, a real must for the re-install). Not a tough job, just a little time consuming, and many of the screws you remove from the inner fender liners will not be used again if you use the wagners as the rear plastic ducts whic also bolt to the inner fender liners are not re-used.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

While I appreciate the helpful responses, I have no intention of doing it myself, nor am I in need of info on which intercoolers are out there. I am asking if anyone has any real, verifiable data on the performance gains/temperature reductions (if any) of the aftermarkets over OEM, preferably on an unchipped car, but maybe with a typical chip (Revo, GIAC,MTM) as well, just in case I ever go that route. Further, in keeping with Dave's position on the topic, is there anybody that has replaced with OEM and had them leak again (as far as you know) ?

I usually remove the wheels and the complete wheel liners just to give easier access to the bumper bolts. Also, removing the wheel liners ( and tons of other components on this car) is much easier if you pick up one of these: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2574_200212574
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    While I appreciate the helpful responses, I have no intention of doing it myself, nor am I in need of info on which intercoolers are out there. I am asking if anyone has any real, verifiable data on the performance gains/temperature reductions (if any) of the aftermarkets over OEM, preferably on an unchipped car, but maybe with a typical chip (Revo, GIAC,MTM) as well, just in case I ever go that route. Further, in keeping with Dave's position on the topic, is there anybody that has replaced with OEM and had them leak again (as far as you know) ?
    I searched earlier today and found Grizz's post but it says nothing about perf gains or reduction in cooling or longevity, etc...

good ruck!

"its the African anteater ritual!!!"

this had always been my point on the wagner, while they looked cool (ya, the CF shrouds are damned cool), I don't think there's any hard data logging in terms of their effectiveness, only anecdotal points

I suppose I may have to do this. I plant to delay the replacement for a few months to get past property tax season. While the stockers are leaking, I still eventually get full requested boost, so at the mid to upper range, the data should be reasonably good. According to my mechanic, if I notice the difference, it will be slight, but every little thing helps. I'm leaning towards the Wagners just based on the repetitive comments about the poor quality of the OEM units.

Anyone know what sensors are already available to check the performance? Ambient vs. Intake maybe?