Thread: Where to re-vin an RS6 ECU

Where to re-vin an RS6 ECU

I sold a chipped 2003 RS6 ECU, and it needs to be made to work with the new owners car. Is there any way to get this done for a reasonable price, say $400 or less?

TIA,
    Jason

your question makes no sense to me, any dealer will run a diagnostic on the car and code the ecu for that car, they will charge from 90 to 140 per hour to do it. it must be installed and taken to the dealer thats it,. or have the dealer install it and code it, 400 seems high.
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

I suppose he could do that if drove the car to the dealer, swapped ECU's, and then had them re-vin the chip but I suspect it would also reprogram the mapping. The car won't start if he just swaps right now. Anyone know otherwise?

Yes, the car will not start with the ECU in the car. Also, we don't want the entire ECU flashed at the dealer to write over the O.ct tuning, nor do we want the dealership to know he is running chipped (as far as I know, this may cause issues with drivetrain warranty) hence the second ECU. When I had it done, I gave the tuner my VIN and he mailed me a little e-prom which I put in the ECU, and mailed the one out of my ECU back, and voila, the car would start!

Why not just have the tuner create another e-prom for the new car? Too expensive?
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

I don't think he's really needing to know how to do this, I think he's just looking for somebody that can do it for a more reasonable cost.

Hi guys, just to throw out an endorsement here... i was the guy who purchased that ECU from "Avus-RS6" AKA Jason F.
    It started badly with OCT wanting almost full price to rechip the chipped ECU to run in my car UGG
    Fortunatelly Jason is very persistant - he had offered me a full refund if i wanted to go that way. Instead he go OCT down to a more reasonable price then covered half himself to get me a killer deal on a chipped ECU.
    He's an excellent guy to do business with so props to Avus-RS6, could not ask for a better member on the boards. he just fragged his S4... best of luck on repairs mate.

HS.
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

Cheers on the good resolution for both parties involved, Nick, gotta get together soon!

Hey Greg, been awhile eh. I was going to try to get to Vegas while Grizz was in town but its my week of work so i miss it. Still working on electrics but nearly done. Maybe something around Christmas?? (side note - drove up from LongBeach to Ventura Christmas morning, roads were bare.. let a Bmw and Merc slip by doing 120+ on the 101!!! not a cop in site, great day for a drive hee,hee)
    Current upgrade projects - strobes, right hand lane cam, dual GPS/Video monitors in a custom dash enclosure and getting my switches wired. Radio scanner already in.

Hope everyone is riding out this dip in the economy o.k. I can't tell you how much $ i save being a part of this forum. Cheers
    H.S
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.