Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any aftermarket rotor options for the C5 RS6?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    does that really do anything? I.e. what is the value for money on that?
    While I haven't compared the life of a treated rotor to that of an untreated one, the claims are that you'll double the life of the component. We've tested treated rotors on the race cars. So far, they've held up quite well. I've had them on the RS6 for just a few thousand miles, so I really can't say how they'll wear for another 20K+.

But, I don't think it's a waste.

CW

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Did you try the search?

Were paying on average 500 for a pair of new Audi rotors.

IMHO if you go with new Audi rotors and EBC Reds...you will have many miles of happy driving. Also a thread on the stock Audi pads and why not to use them is in our history.
    seriously? he probably did and not much came up. big help this comment is. who really has a good lead for some? the whole thread and only one lead, a dead end to Kyle who doesn't seem to have them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by audios View Post
    seriously? he probably did and not much came up. big help this comment is. who really has a good lead for some? the whole thread and only one lead, a dead end to Kyle who doesn't seem to have them anymore.
    If he would have searched he would have seen that two posts down from his I started a thread with a link to aftermarket two piece rotors produced by JHM mototorsports. It's also common knowledge as stated above that some schmoozing with any local parts dept. can yield rotors for $300 a piece. I don't understand your malice with certain members of this board, but digging up old threads to call others out is just crossing the line. Cheer up.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

V8Weight, nice profile pic at my Cars & Cafe event! Are you going to make the October event? I am usually at the gate, or driving around in the golf cart. I'll try to track you down and introduce myself.
    -Tyler
    2003 Audi RS6
    2004 Porsche Cayenne S

Quote Originally Posted by audios View Post
    That's it.

So either kiss ass with someone at the dealership, or go the JHM route http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310486

You gotta pay to play I suppose... these cars eat up rotors when driven as they're supposed to be. I'm not complaining, it's just what it is. Stopping power of these cars is purely awesome!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by TylerRS6 View Post
    V8Weight, nice profile pic at my Cars & Cafe event! Are you going to make the October event? I am usually at the gate, or driving around in the golf cart. I'll try to track you down and introduce myself.
    -Tyler
    Yep, I'll be there next Saturday, we'll have to meet up. Sadly, my stay was cut short last month, as my girlfriend was "taking a nap" in the back of my car (with a bucket) as we had woken up in a hotel @ treasure island that morning at about 6:00 and had to beat feat to Chanhassen. To be honest, niether on of us was really up for it. I think we were there for less than 45 minutes.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Where and when is the cars & cafe?

The first Saturday of every month. http://www.mnaudi.com/forums/index.php?topic=37163.0 Long time no see, do you still have the beast?

lol, I was like, damn, he wants to roll out to Irvine for Cars & Coffee? hard core!!

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Yep, I'll be there next Saturday, we'll have to meet up. Sadly, my stay was cut short last month, as my girlfriend was "taking a nap" in the back of my car (with a bucket) as we had woken up in a hotel @ treasure island that morning at about 6:00 and had to beat feat to Chanhassen. To be honest, niether on of us was really up for it. I think we were there for less than 45 minutes.

Damn, sounds like you guys had a great time at Treasure Island...

See you next weekend
    2003 Audi RS6
    2004 Porsche Cayenne S

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    The first Saturday of every month. http://www.mnaudi.com/forums/index.php?topic=37163.0 Long time no see, do you still have the beast?
    I know its been a while since I posted. I have been crazy busy with work, so I dont have the time I used to devote to the board(although I was checking back once a week to keep current on everyones issues). I decided to keep the car. I just cant find something else that I would enjoy driving daily as much as this. So I will put my project off for another year. Im going to try and make it next saturday. Ive looked at past C&Cs and they loook like fun.

Thumbs up

As a side note, I am more than happy to pass on my cost to fellow Rs6'er, but I will have to charge actual shipping charges, as I am absolutly NOT making a dime, so it wouldn't make sense for it to cost me money.

< Shrug >

Drop me a aline if I can help, I will price them as needed to make sure they don't go up/down.

I have a new set on now, hawk's in place, headed to the track Monday AND Saturday... anyone want to take bets if they last both events?

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

Quote Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW View Post
    As a side note, I am more than happy to pass on my cost to fellow Rs6'er, but I will have to charge actual shipping charges, as I am absolutly NOT making a dime, so it wouldn't make sense for it to cost me money.

< Shrug >

Drop me a aline if I can help, I will price them as needed to make sure they don't go up/down.

I have a new set on now, hawk's in place, headed to the track Monday AND Saturday... anyone want to take bets if they last both events?

Steve
    Steve, hope you are doing well. You might not remember me, we met up with some local Audi events a couple times. I am the guy that first had the B7 RS4, sold, wish I hadnt...and then the low mileage RS6, sold, wish I hadnt

I am vectoring on another low(er) mileage RS6 and may pull the trigger soon. Would be good to catch up sometime, I see that you have one now... congrats!

Ever make it out to cars n coffee in North Dallas?
    Jonathan

66 912 Black/Red

missed:

03 RS6 Avus Silver/Black
    08 RS4 Daytona Grey/Black
    97 C2S Guards Red/Black
    98 C2S Arctic Silver/Black
    04 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Black

Quote Originally Posted by jbtexas View Post
    Steve, hope you are doing well. You might not remember me, we met up with some local Audi events a couple times. I am the guy that first had the B7 RS4, sold, wish I hadnt...and then the low mileage RS6, sold, wish I hadnt

I am vectoring on another low(er) mileage RS6 and may pull the trigger soon. Would be good to catch up sometime, I see that you have one now... congrats!

Ever make it out to cars n coffee in North Dallas?
    1. I remember you. I was the guy who called 15m too late, that wanted to buy your car, that you had sold to the guy up North.
    2. I made it out to the C&C this morning, I was there at 6am, yep, you guessed it, it started at 8am TODAY. LOL

Drop me a line or even better, stop by the shop somtime.

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

I enjoy spending my time reading about your GTG in the rotor thread I started, thx guys!