Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R8 V10 Supertest...

Quote Originally Posted by bastordd View Post
    With r-tronic transmission 0-200 12 sec its easy in sportauto with manuel gear box is 12,9? the official time is 12 sec and i belive! Also varies from pilot to pilot but normal people achieved
    in 12 sec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5_cteHOkhQ

so you say the sport auto tester is just bad, so that is why he only did an 13 sec with the r-tronic in the supertest...

The car on the supertest was 1 sec slower than the official audi times of 12 secs for r8v10 r-tronic. Thats a fact.

sport auto supertest 13 secs r8v10 r-tronic
    sport auto test 12,9 secs r8v10 manuel

Audi offical time 12 secs r8v10 r-tronic
    audi offical time 12,9 secs r8v10 manuel

judging acceleration by i video makes no sense.

to many unknown

First Tacho speed is slower than gps speed, second how stright was the runway (downhill...) how serius is the video source, it is easy to fake something speedwise...

But i am open to more hardfacts and better numbers for the r8v10.

maybee somebody has some logged gps files with acceleraton and altitude or some more magazine test..

Hope he will performe better again

And? spent some time other tests and other magazines will give other numbers 0-200 km/h !!!

and, can you scan and post some other test with other better nummbers or will still have to wait..

i do hope for better numbers

We discussed that already...

R Tronic R8 V10 0-200km/h:

AMS 12.3s
    AZ 12.1s

Fastest manual is 12.2s when tested by AB Sportscar Edition.

Just my personal observation-sequential manuals a la R Tronic are officially DEAD IMHO. There wont be any sportscar on the market with sequential manual within one year.

New Ferrari 458 Italia use DCT only and Ferrari plans to use DCT ONLY in future models(NO manual also!). All new Porsche models will use PDK. Mercedes SLS AMG use DCT.

Only Aston Martin and Audi/Lambo will use totally obsolete sequential manuals...

Quote Originally Posted by audi_ch View Post
    Hi Mike

So your statement cant be that wright about the tyres on ther8v10 as they are definitly optimeced for try handling.
    (Thats what sport auto write)
    The PZero as well as the Corsa System are very much optimized for the dry use, but the two types are NO SEMI Slicks....the Corsa system is a Racing rubber compound with PZero Corsa Asimmetrico all round, or PZero Corsa Direzionale front, PZero Corsa Asimmetrico rear.
    They should give a bit better traction in the wet, but i pushed them ones to a 110 - 120 on the Autobahn, well you will feel the 305 very quick in the rear loosing traction, with the TOYO's semi slicks i am up to 90 on the old R8 with only 295......but it is true the PZero is better in the wet the the Corsa Systems and for sure better then the Corsa.
    Anyway I don;t even see the point of a car like the R8 to be used on the track in the wet, i am not even take the thing out of the garage if the weather is bad........

about the NS Time.....who of us is able to lap the NS in under 8 minutes.......what differnt does it makes if you have a GTR GT2 GT3 V10 ........all great cars and all a lot of fun....in the end it is nothing else then a personal taste......i would never buy car because of a test in a commercial journal
    saluto da mike the Nougatilicious marker

switzerland - a land flowing with milk and honey

I agree that R-tronic is making R8 less competitive to its competitors...
    THe complete package is great, but manual version seems much better

why should it make it better, i have my second R-Tronic and it works very good and quick spcially the LAMBO / AUDI gearbox......
    saluto da mike the Nougatilicious marker

switzerland - a land flowing with milk and honey

about r-tronic double clutch and manuel

the new 911 turbo with pdk needs 11,3 sec up to 200 kmh
    manuel prosche says 11,6 sec

So the double clutch cant make a sutch a big different.

in porsche cas 0,3 sec up to 200kmh

Maybe an r8v10 would be 0,4 sec faster up to 200 kmh if he had double clutch instead of r-tronic.

So i think the gearbox from the r8v10 isnt that wrong, either r-tronic or manuel, They not mutch slower than a double clutch, as the figure from porsche profs...

the main problem audi has with this car and the V8 is torque.

torque torque torque.

we are talking about 2 more cylinders and 1 liter more of displacement yet only 65-75 more of torque.

and torque is what will net you accel figures esp down low.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

R8 V10 compared to the 430 Scuderia. The R8 V10 is a little slower but not bad for being almost half of the Scuderia's price.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...29acd07ea7.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    the main problem audi has with this car and the V8 is torque.

torque torque torque.

we are talking about 2 more cylinders and 1 liter more of displacement yet only 65-75 more of torque.

and torque is what will net you accel figures esp down low.
    the r8v10 has between 3500-7500 rpm more than 480 nm.

compared with the old rs4b5 thats 40 nm than his max torque with 440nm

i dont think there is a torque problem. the lp560, f430 and others can be very quick with about more or less the same amount of torque

the r8v10 has between 3500-7500 rpm more than 480 nm.

compared with the old rs4b5 thats 40 nm than his max torque with 440nm

i dont think there is a torque problem. the lp560, f430 and others can be very quick with about more or less the same amount of torque
    disagree. the cars the R8 gets compared to on a consistent basis almost all carry more torque- 997 TT, GTR. the F430 has less but weighs much less too. further, we have the new Italia- teeny 4.5L V8 with more torque than the gigantic V10. come on now.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

So does the R8 V10 use the same tires as the LP560? Are they Corsas?

so you say the sport auto tester is just bad, so that is why he only did an 13 sec with the r-tronic in the supertest...

The car on the supertest was 1 sec slower than the official audi times of 12 secs for r8v10 r-tronic. Thats a fact.

sport auto supertest 13 secs r8v10 r-tronic
    sport auto test 12,9 secs r8v10 manuel

Audi offical time 12 secs r8v10 r-tronic
    audi offical time 12,9 secs r8v10 manuel

judging acceleration by i video makes no sense.

to many unknown

First Tacho speed is slower than gps speed, second how stright was the runway (downhill...) how serius is the video source, it is easy to fake something speedwise...

But i am open to more hardfacts and better numbers for the r8v10.

maybee somebody has some logged gps files with acceleraton and altitude or some more magazine test..

Hope he will performe better again
    Just because sport auto got two very different results does not 100% conclude that R-tronic is crap and manual is the sole way to go. Each time was achieved on a different day and without knowing the backgrounds on the two cars it's impossible to say that both were punching with full power as it wouldn't have been the first time a press car has been abused beyond belief.

Much better to look at the averages of each gearbox to get a more accurate picture.

Ring time: I honest thought that it would have achieved a better result than 7:44, even though it's not a very good time. Is it known whether it was using a similar type of rubber to the GTR and GT2/3. Oh and another thing, the 1:10.9 is proof that there is nothing wrong with the chassis or grip available because that's one of the best times achieved by sport auto.
    Search and you will find the truth.

R8 had the corsa r01.

for me disapointing was that the gtr was faster on the ring and on Hockenheim as well...

But one thing on Hockenheim witch i think was great is top speed of 205 kmh. 911 gt2 reached there 209 but had a better speed out of the last corner than the r8.

So here i think the car proved a very good acceleration.

Somehow the top speed on norschleife was only 275, witch is slower than the gtr....

Read the article yesterday evening, and what i recall:

sport auto was more than sasisfied with the performance.

improved suspension (compared to V8)
    V10 more driveable
    improved R-Tronic
    Sport suspension the perfect balance all around

They put it at the same level as the LP560+4

Some more interesting info in the same sport auto 09/2010 R8 V10 supertest.

After V8 and V10 there will be a performance version of the V10 (LMS street legal or a derivate pics here: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19074):

RWD idea was dropped very quickly (in order to "keep the cars balance")

-120 Kg from the basic weight confirmed - through usage of lightweight material

Very probably no "official" hp increase (in order to keep lambo happy). That could mean that the engine in fact produces the full 560 HP the Lambo has

Now imagine:

R8 V10 "Performance" AWD with 1540 Kg + 560 Hp
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

No 1

Gustav came up with a good question.

How can the Audi be so quick?

These are the times for the cars:

R8 V10: 7.44
    LP560-4: 7.52

1.10.9 vs 1.11.3 on Hockenheim.

1,35 G vs 1,3 G

Anyone with an explaination? German cars are faster than Italian?

The cars seems to have been on the same spec of tires, no?

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Gustav came up with a good question.

How can the Audi be so quick?

These are the times for the cars:

R8 V10: 7.44
    LP560-4: 7.52

1.10.9 vs 1.11.3 on Hockenheim.

1,35 G vs 1,3 G

Anyone with an explaination? German cars are faster than Italian?

The cars seems to have been on the same spec of tires, no?

the lp560 had problems with his setup. this was specialy mentiond in the supertest several times.

Problems with dampers, problems afterward with the sporttyres and the non conforming abs and esp. (they had 3 different lp560 to test)

The lambo at the test was a bit of a night mare... accordingly to the supertest.

And the audi was on rear tyres 305mm lambo on 295 what helped the audi as well a bit on track. (same specs)

Significantly more top speed for the lambo on Döttingerhöhe with 288 kmh Audi 276.

Acceleration 0-200 lambo 11,6, audi 13,0

So thats all about

See you