Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ibis White or Suzuka Grey ?!

Quote Originally Posted by queeneli View Post
    Yes, you can
    with 3500 Euro (audi exclusive paint color)
    I doubt it.
    i believe Lambo colours are 3 layers of paint, base colour, metallic layer, clear coat layer.
    Audi exclusive do only 2 layer paints.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

some colors do have exclusivity....and the companies do not give out the color code.....also the stealth grey is lambo exclusive and the color code is not known......only by Lambo.....guess the same with the lambo white.
    saluto da mike the Nougatilicious marker

switzerland - a land flowing with milk and honey

Dear Friends,

de facto Lamborghini color schemes are three layer. This is one reason you can not order from the Lamborghini color patern. Another reason is a solitary policy that prohibits the use. Last but not least is the copyrights are owned by Lamborghini S.p.A.

The only way to get your car done in a Lamborghini color is aftermarket.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Yeah Right.
    lol .. didn't know they exist...

the colors were a joke, and they don't fit the R8...

personally I would take the color I like and not ask for it....
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

de facto Lamborghini color schemes are three layer. This is one reason you can not order from the Lamborghini color patern. Another reason is a solitary policy that prohibits the use. Last but not least is the copyrights are owned by Lamborghini S.p.A.

The only way to get your car done in a Lamborghini color is aftermarket.

Qisha
    Which is funny, because Gallardo bodies are made at Neckarsulm and almost all come painted.

Quote Originally Posted by wedouglas View Post
    Which is funny, because Gallardo bodies are made at Neckarsulm and almost all come painted.
    Dear wedouglas,

correct- the body is made by Thyssen Krupp in Heilbronn and the paint job is done at Neckarsulm. You got to keep in mind that three layer color schemes are finished by hand and require a lot more subsequent works than two layer. The production factor of Lamborghini cars justify the operating procedure.

BUT there are new colors coming. One you might have seen recently is Pantherblack crystaleffect or Black Violet- both by BASF Coatings. This effect paints come close to the "flowing" look of three layer paint.

Qisha

Dear wedouglas,

correct- the body is made by Thyssen Krupp in Heilbronn and the paint job is done at Neckarsulm. You got to keep in mind that three layer color schemes are finished by hand and require a lot more subsequent works than two layer. The production factor of Lamborghini cars justify the operating procedure.

BUT there are new colors coming. One you might have seen recently is Pantherblack crystaleffect or Black Violet- both by BASF Coatings. This effect paints come close to the "flowing" look of three layer paint.

Qisha
    Can they produce matte colors?

I really don't see why for the right price, they wouldn't do something special.

Quote Originally Posted by wedouglas View Post
    Can they produce matte colors?
    Dear wedouglas,

quality assurance says no.

Qisha

Dear wedouglas,

quality assurance says no.

Qisha
    Is it because they have no way to maintain these through their dealer network? I just don 't see the difference between some guy spraying a Gallardo and an Audi.

Dear wedouglas,

Qisha
    Any pics of those colours?

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ricoloco View Post
    The Suzuka is more raw and a bit more simple, you canīt tell itīs pearl until you see it close.
    Maybe I got it wrong but IMO the suzuka grey is only metallic, not pearl color. It's almost the same as White Pearl in Lexus. On right car is magnificient, but I'd take some pearl color.
    -JM
    Audi RS4 Avant (B7) - Daytona Grey