Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GT-R chasing Turbo on Autobahn

The GT3, Turbo and GT2 have a different engine than the Carreras/Boxsters/Caymans and can handle the increased g forces.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Mike View Post
    seems to be different in switzerland where the cayman GTS is delivered with semi slicks and well as the GT3 Gt2 and I i can order a roll bar for my turbo and GT Race buckets.......I have a friend driving Pirelli Corsa on his 997 TT no warranty issues at all.
    I would say this is the same thing in Finland. Few of my friends use allday long semislicks and haven't heard any problems.

My understanding on it as far as the UK is that the car has to wear the right spec rubber that is offered as either an option or standard. In the likes of a 997GT3 that means Michelin Pilot Sport CUP+, on a Cayman, Boxster, normal 997 or Cayenne this spec of rubber will be different, I do know that other tyre manufacturers make rubber to this same spec as the rest of the range but I'm unsure as to whether any other manufacturer makes the equivalent to a CUP+.

If the answer is no to the CUP+ then I would conclude that your warranty would indeed be void. Point being that when changing your rubber you have to always make sure that the rubber replacing is of this spec.
    Search and you will find the truth.