Thread: RS6 C6 Recall - defective coolant tube and ecu

RS6 C6 Recall - defective coolant tube and ecu

I was just informed by my dealer that there is a recall on the C6. On some (very few) cars there is a need to replace a clamp to secure some coolant tube. Additionally the ECU needs to be updated (on quite some cars) since there might be a problem with the coolant pump for the gearboxoil. This causes it to shutdown prematurely and this will cause less torque and power.

This is covered by audi recall code 24Q6

If your car is tuned you need to contact your tuner for an update...
    My car is affected by the pump problem so ill have to contact ABT to check for an update.
    Good....bad.....hey i am the guy with the RS6!

Just a short update: ABT has released a updated ECU flash...this is free of charge for customers.
    Alsmost all RS6 C6 are affected by the gearbox oil pump problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jonas21 View Post
    I was just informed by my dealer that there is a recall on the C6. On some (very few) cars there is a need to replace a clamp to secure some coolant tube. Additionally the ECU needs to be updated (on quite some cars) since there might be a problem with the coolant pump for the gearboxoil. This causes it to shutdown prematurely and this will cause less torque and power.

This is covered by audi recall code 24Q6

If your car is tuned you need to contact your tuner for an update...
    My car is affected by the pump problem so ill have to contact ABT to check for an update.

Mine was one of the early deliveries & no recall so far
    Anyone had a recall notice yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Mine was one of the early deliveries & no recall so far
    Anyone had a recall notice yet ?
    audi will not contact customers directly. once you have your car at a certificed audi workshop they will tell you that a ecu update is needed and they will flash it. the issue is apparently not that serious...

Hi all

Ok, I've got the new RS6 Avant, so this recall means that when I bring it in for its first service (12 months or 15,000kms) I will be told about this? Seems a bit odd to me. Oh Audi, when will you get your act together as regards customer service!

if it's a critical recall, you should receive a letter or some notice from your dealership alerting you to bring in the car to have it repaired.

Hi

Rang the dealer and there is certainly a recall on the ecu issue. Was more than happy for me to bring the car in this week rather than wait for its first service next year. Thanks jonas21 for letting everyone know about this.

I had an issue of overheaing and loss of coolant in januari 2009. replaced a tube and clamp at that time. Know nothing of any recall re software/ECU

So, I've had it done on mine. And something went wrong. I have black smoke from the exhaust when accelerating now. Something is wrong with the gearchanges also. It doesn't rev up when you change to a lower gear. The gearchanges aren't so smooth anymore. It's going back to the dealer this week to check what's wrong.

Hi, I've had it done, on the bit of paper it said "carry out 24Q6 Campaign - coding of engine control unit on RS6 vehicles". So, not a recall, but a "campaign". All seems ok. They loaned me an S5 which was a very beautiful car!

Oh yeah! They re-flashed it, so now everything is okay again. Happy owner again!