Thread: RS4v8 vs TT/RS 'Which is quicker?'

RS4v8 vs TT/RS 'Which is quicker?'

There's only one video of a TT/RS almost reaching the magic 300km/h mark but on watching it I got to thinking which would be quickest to this point if the RS4 had it's limiter removed. I can also only find one video of an RS4 reaching 300km/h and to me it appears to gain it's speed a little more slowly.

Until some proper test figures appear for the TT/RS this opinion is only one of speculation but I believe Audi are being as conservative with the TT/RS output figures as they are with the ones for the B8 S4.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I've seen that for the TT RS, 0-200km/h is arround 15 sec or so, way quicker than the 16.6 sec RS4 needs. So I'm pretty sure it's quicker to 300 also, which is also very normal: 300 or so kg lighter, more torque, turbo engine with a big turbo. But both the RS4 and TTRS are special cars each in its own different category, you can't really compare the two. My 2 cents.
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    There's only one video of a TT/RS almost reaching the magic 300km/h mark .
    Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    Where is it?
    Here's the video of the TT/RS and here's the video of the RS4.

I am just curious because watching the way this TT is increasing speed up around the 280km/h mark looks to be much better than how I would have imagined something with only 340hp would be.

I wan't to see how a slightly tuned TT-RS will perform after watching this. Impressive.

hm 15 sec up to 200 kmh for ttrs, i dont believe sorry.

TTrs woundt out pervorme in standart trim r8v8 acceleration wise, give him 16 to 16,5 sec witch would also be correct with his weight to hp ratio

Quote Originally Posted by audi_ch View Post
    hm 15 sec up to 200 kmh for ttrs, i dont believe sorry.

TTrs woundt out pervorme in standart trim r8v8 acceleration wise, give him 16 to 16,5 sec witch would also be correct with his weight to hp ratio
    That why I asked the question because based on the video footage it appears that the TT/RS is indeed very quick up around the 280km/h mark compared to other stuff with similar outputs.

Another thing worth remembering is that Haldex primarily sends power to the front, only diverting power else where when conditions demand it, so maybe it's actual wheel power is greater than either the Torsen system or the one used in the R8. Either way I think it will be interesting to see how it performs both in both the acceleration discipline and around the track.

Official 0-200km/h for TT RS Coupe is 15.9s

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Official 0-200km/h for TT RS Coupe is 15.9s
    We all know the 'official' line from Audi regarding how quick the TT/RS is, but like many here we all want some independent sources to either verify this, prove it wrong or hope against hope that it's actually quicker again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    I've seen that for the TT RS, 0-200km/h is arround 15 sec or so.
    I wonder if, like most press cars, it just happens to have boost pressure "at the top end" of nominal i.e. it's running more boost (and making more bhp) than any car that you or I can buy?

The wonderful thing about the Internet is that such info like acceleration times are readily available and after searching for quite some time I can conclude that no magazine has either tested the TT/RS as yet or they haven't posted the info on their websites yet.

Me thinks it's the first conclusion.

But I agree with PetrolDave, manufacturers DO boost their press cars so I doubt Audi will be taking the moral high ground and not doing the same.

Isn't the suggestion that this TTRS is chipped?

Also, neither of these runs are under controlled conditions.

The TTRS might have had a tailwind, the RS4 a headwind?

Still, mighty impressive...car looks rock solid at that speed...to drive one-handed at almost 190mph means it must not be behaving like an early generation Porsche!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Here's the video of the TT/RS and here's the video of the RS4.

I am just curious because watching the way this TT is increasing speed up around the 280km/h mark looks to be much better than how I would have imagined something with only 340hp would be.
    At those speeds, aerodynamics play a MASSIVE part - and because the TT is a low-slung coupe, it will be easier to accelerate than a more traditional 'three-box' saloon such as the RS4
    Sean - Independent Motor Vehicle Tech (ret’d)
    ------

'07 Audi B7 (8EC) RS4 quattro saloon 4.2 FSI V8 32v (BNS) (with CSiC ceramic brakes) ,
    '06/7 VW A5 (1K) Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr 2.0T FSI (BWA) DSG, fully loaded, colour coded,

'03 Audi B6 (8E) S4 quattro saloon 4.2 V8 40v (BBK) 6sp man, fully loaded (gone, not forgotten)