Thread: Video + pics: Audi RS5 spied

Hybrid View

I would not call the Nissan GT-R six pot or every Porsche Flat Six turbo for that matter for a class below.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    I would not call the Nissan GT-R six pot or every Porsche Flat Six turbo for that matter for a class below.
    Well, this is clearly debatable - horses for courses I say. I am the first to admit that a small and light 911 GT3 or M3 E46 CSL should have a highly strung six pot engine and there are also other great sixes. But not the RS5 and especially as the FL S5 will already have a charged V6. Why was the Panamera Turbo not launched with a V6 TT like the GT2, which develops even more output? Perhaps because the RS5 is really in spirit and target closer to the Panamera than a 911? I would say so.

QuattroFun,

I don't know where you live but I would say that your opinion which I'm not saying is right or wrong is one usually presented by our American friends who usually prefer size over quality.

I think that most here aren't really worried what size of engine is under the hood as long as the desired results are met. As Porsche and Nissan have proved is that power it the most important thing above all else.
    Search and you will find the truth.

The Panamera will also get a 3.6 VR6 with ± 300 hp.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

On paper efficiency vs. overall feelgood - ah, the golden old age debate and very subjective of course with no rights or wrongs. Why does anybody - also outside America - buy e.g. a LP-560 when the GTR is objectively as good, much cheaper and more practical? I remember when I bought my S4 V8 in 2003 that the public debate was then about why anbody in their right mind would possibly buy an S4 when Evos and Imprezas were also 4WD, faster, more able on track, much cheaper, more tuneable, as practical and used less fuel...

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    On paper efficiency vs. overall feelgood - ah, the golden old age debate and very subjective of course with no rights or wrongs. Why does anybody - also outside America - buy e.g. a LP-560 when the GTR is objectively as good, much cheaper and more practical? I remember when I bought my S4 V8 in 2003 that the public debate was then about why anbody in their right mind would possibly buy an S4 when Evos and Imprezas were also 4WD, faster, more able on track, much cheaper, more tuneable, as practical and used less fuel...
    Not sure your Lp560 vs GTR is the right example, one IS a Lambo and costs nearly 3 times as much. A better debate is the B8 S4 vs B7 S4 and ask the question to those that have owned both if they felt short changed, personally I don't too many would feel that way. Point being that if the quality, performance and image is intact then the size of the engine has no bearing on anything.
    Search and you will find the truth.