Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

This could be very handy for "anyone" using a video camera while tracking or spirited driving. Come to think of it, I know the EXACT individual that this would be perfect for .... Schmoocher!!!

He might particularly like it and might find it useful as his last filming was pointed to the passenger side "A" pillar and the GPS was unreadable except to the driver... At least he could record the revs with the passing landscape....

(Cornie.... can ya feel the love???!??! )
    Last edited by ben916; August 1st, 2008 at 20:12. Reason: What else?!?!? spelling.....

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    This could be very handy for "anyone" using a video camera while tracking or spirited driving. Come to think of it, I know the EXACT individual that this would be perfect for .... Schmoocher!!!

He might particularly like it and might find it useful as his last filming was pointed to the passenger side "A" pillar and the GPS was unreadable except to the driver... At least he could record the revs with the passing landscape....

(Cornie.... can ya feel the love???!??! )
    OI!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up Ben, there aint no gaget in the whole wide world of moochville, uk that can sort out my filming prowess, Stanly moochbrick, Stephen moochberg, eat yer heart out, I will be up for an award this year I reckon, a BAFTA or something ( Bugger All Filming, Twat - Alex).

Anyhoo, going to see grizz on tuesday for some REAL tweekin'. Watch this space
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Okay, I must be stupid because after rereading the instructions and watching the 9 friggin' minute video twice, I still don't know what these codes do (i.e. wtf?) and how to turn it on as the RS6 system is different than the A3, no?

Ben, you seem to understand, care to walk a simpleton like me through this?

I've got to say, WHY???? personally, when I am driving in a "spirited fashion", the only thing i look at is the feckin road!

The car is supplied with two peices of apperatus for us mear mortals that enables us to A). Tell us how fast we are likely to be going, and B). how many revolutions the engine is doing at that time.
    These pieces of obviously supurflous equipment are located in such a position that even at speed you can steel a quick glance at them. Now forgive me for being cynical but, for me, informing old St Peter at the pearly gates that, " guess what? According to my AC climate control that doubles as another tacho, I was doing eleventy seven rpm and 195mph when I hit the the ass end of the truck that was 2 miles infront of me when i looked down". I can hear the old boys comment now... "Twat".

Cornish, do you ever sleep ???

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    I've got to say, WHY???? personally, when I am driving in a "spirited fashion", the only thing i look at is the feckin road!

The car is supplied with two peices of apperatus for us mear mortals that enables us to A). Tell us how fast we are likely to be going, and B). how many revolutions the engine is doing at that time.
    These pieces of obviously supurflous equipment are located in such a position that even at speed you can steel a quick glance at them. Now forgive me for being cynical but, for me, informing old St Peter at the pearly gates that, " guess what? According to my AC climate control that doubles as another tacho, I was doing eleventy seven rpm and 195mph when I hit the the ass end of the truck that was 2 miles infront of me when i looked down". I can hear the old boys comment now... "Twat".

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Cornish, do you ever sleep ???
    Not much........Old habits die hard, ex trawlerman!

So that explains why my cod and chips is so expensive!!!! (Grizz'd RS6 etc etc)

I met one o' them there trawler guys in Dutch Harbor, Alaska on the Bering sea (in 1991, I have the scars to prove it for the non-believers...) and they sleep MAYBE 2 hours a day, smoke like a chimney, suck down coffee like it is water and during the remainder of the 22 hours left in the day, work like a madman.

Crazy sorts, they are! Super loyal but don't piss 'em off!!!

DWD, ya don't need that Radio RPM gauge, ya already got two : One on the dash and one in your head.

We are lovely, mild mannered, polite and nice!

Those Dutch harbour fisherman are something else, real tough men, a league of their own. Like you say, loyal, but by christ they are fierce! I can understand it tho, It was bad enough for me, 2 weeks at sea at a stretch, (North sea, or southern Arctic around Bear island and Jan Mayen, not quite the Bearing Sea but still feckin shit in the winter -30deg C with a wind chill of about -70deg C. Brrr) You come home happy to be alive, want to un wind beforw you go home, so you go for a beer or 20 with you shipmates, and some donut always has to spoil it by A) getting pissed at yoou for being loud and swearing- we are only letting off steam! or B) Starts complaining that you smell and you are a drunk- Of course we smell, we smell of the sea where we have been for 2 weeks, having 1 minute showers every 3rd day, and we may be drunk but don't woory about us, we know how to behave, If anyone of us is an idiot, it will be dealt with "in house". On the other hand if you are an idiot, and have a pop at one if us, generally, we will laugh, but occasionally we wont......

As for the price of your Cod, now that is fihgting talk, Do you know how much A fisherman may get for his cod? £2.50 if he is lucky, A STONE !(14lbs). The cost of the fish is down to the wholesaler, the fishmonger and the resturuant, not us. As I have said I am an Ex Trawlerman, but it is (as you can probably tell ) very close to my heart. I was talking to my mate the other day who owns a 20 meter trawler. His fuel bill for 2005-2006 was £30k. For 2006-2007 his fuel bill was £70k. Same time at sea, nothing different at all. His fuel went up from 9pence per litre in 1998 to 92pence per litre in 2008. Guess how much the price of his overall catch has gone up in 10 years?............ 10%...............................

Dont think there is much more to add on that one! Rant off!
    Last edited by cornishmoocher; August 3rd, 2008 at 08:02. Reason: Lysdexic tawt

No offence meant dude, just having some mild mannered banter.....I tip my hat to and fully support the last vestiges of the dying breed of UK trawlermen. Risky job at the best of times.....

Quote Originally Posted by rubyblack View Post
    No offence meant dude, just having some mild mannered banter.....I tip my hat to and fully support the last vestiges of the dying breed of UK trawlermen. Risky job at the best of times.....
    its alright Bud, no offence taken at all, It was taken in the way it was meant- lightly!

As for the UK fishing industry, that is why i am an EX trawlerman. Impossible to continue in an industry where a spineless government governed by a bunch of 'crats in Brussells live every moment of their waking life to do all they can to *uck us up. Did you know that 80% of fish caught in british waters is caught LEGALLY by foreign vessels......?

Mugello Blue, Silver, Audi nav, Warm weather pkg, exhaust option, c/f trim kit.
    Got it in Oct of '02
    An R8 and an RS6 in one garage: It doesn't get much better!

welcome! Beautiful lookin' R8, more pics! And of course pics of your RS6 as well

"An R8 and an RS 6 in one garage: It doesn't get much better!"

I fully agree!

Congrats and welcome!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks.

Here are a few pix:

An R8 and an RS6 in one garage: It doesn't get much better!

Thats my MLK moment, right there!

I have a dream.......

Gorgeous. I've not yet seen a black R8, simply beautiful.