Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Hi, LU RS6

Hows it going, have you uprated your car ?

I thought you were keeping standard car for miles done and reliability !

Its a while since I have been on,

Cheers rs lee
    Oettinger RS6 540 BHP
    Ford Capri 3.0S
    Landrover Defender x 2
    Saker Falcon 180mph +

one thing that is not very common, is common sense !

Well......guess I lied :blush::blush::blush:
    Everything is ok, this year I thought I'd change car but then I realised again how great this car is for long distance travelling.

So I'm keeping it for another year, I'm at 166K kms now, I've done at least 85.000 with it last year
    Enjoyed everyone of them!
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    So I'm keeping it for another year, I'm at 166K kms now, I've done at least 85.000 with it last year
    Enjoyed everyone of them!
    Can we expect some ''LU-RS6 MK2'' next year... ?

I'm afraid so man, I'd go for it straight away but my accountant is not agreeing

I'd love to buy it, but buying it new is too expensive for me.

My RS6 i bought second hand with 53.000km for just under 40.000 EUR. Just imagine the money the first owner lost
    Get out and drive

Quote Originally Posted by LU-RS6 View Post
    I'm afraid so man, I'd go for it straight away but my accountant is not agreeing

I'd love to buy it, but buying it new is too expensive for me.

My RS6 i bought second hand with 53.000km for just under 40.000 EUR. Just imagine the money the first owner lost
    I think that your logic, altough un-excepteble for some, is good, as you know for best, by fact that you saved ''nice'' amount of money that somebody else payed for you...

Have ever feel regret for not buying a new car..., was it still in the warranty when you get it ?

As far as the new RS 6 is in question..., I think that from 01/09 thare will be planty of them for you to choose with some ''extra'' kms on the clock...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Have ever feel regret for not buying a new car..., was it still in the warranty when you get it ?
    No, not really. New cars sometimes even have disadvantages, you still have to break it in

Regarding warranty, never really worried about it. I guess I am one of the lucky RS6 owners never to have any serious problems, like suspension leakage or things like that.

Knock on wood!
    Get out and drive

I bought mine @ 6 months old- £35k. I ahd the original bill of sale with it, £72880.00, I am not that worried about depreciation in general but that would make me cry to lose that amount!
    I will have a new one as soon as used one becomes available. Probsbkly look for a 6 month old one again. BUT I have seen used 6 months old RS4's at my local Audi dealer for £48k! They have only lost maybe £8k, Is this the way it may go for the new 6?
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Ya, it's crazy how much the RS4s are retaining their value.

Went to QST today, MTM tuners in Sussex UK, Man they do some good shit. They have your rims there LU!!
    Gonna go for the ecu to start off (don't wanna wreck my Audi warranty to obviously!)
    WAs a guy in there who has just turbo'd his R32-wait for it.............
    on the dyno......400HP,400hp out of a car that weighs less than Kate Moss's pubes.. He was trying to talk me into parting with £12k and doing the "fully monty" and taking my 6 upto 570hp, he's done it and say it rocks, that was tempting for a minute, but then realised how expensive a divorce can be....:eye:
    Last edited by cornishmoocher; February 14th, 2008 at 22:25. Reason: inserting an "s" into LU. sorry! :))

Get out and drive

What Pipes have you got on yours LU?
    Were they prt of the MTM workover?
    Qst offer Miltek with the top 12K package (new turbo's H/ gaskets etc).

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    What Pipes have you got on yours LU?
    Were they prt of the MTM workover?
    Qst offer Miltek with the top 12K package (new turbo's H/ gaskets etc).
    Have a Milltek Catback exhaust, really happy with it, sound is very bassy V8 .
    I don't have any experience on mtm exhaust, but no doubt it will be as good or better.
    Get out and drive

I purchased my RS6 in June 2004. It is one of less than 100 that were imported into Canada. That makes the car very rare here. I was told the were the last 100 cars originally planned for US export but changed at the last minute to Canadian cars and sent here.

Sadly we are not going to get any of the new model RS6 here due to price. To bad as all the 2004s were sold before they got off the boat. I'm sure Audi could repeat this with a new car.

My car is silver although I had requested blue. I am not sure if the run of Canadian cars came in any colour other than silver,as the one other RS6s I've seen here is the same colour. I also ordered navigation and carbon fiber dash but the car didn't come with either. The price of the without these optiions had also gone up by $10,000. But if I didn't want the car they were poeple waiting to buy it. The dealer's price was $120,000.

I am very gald I did buy the car as I love it. I have taken it to many car shows in the area and it is always a big hit with the crowd. It was chipped and I put in K & Ns in summer of 2006. I would like to add Miltek exhaust and high performance cats, but haven't found invested the dollars until the elase is over and I own the car. Besides, the car is plenty fast as it is.

My car is stored in winter and driven only in the summer. It has approximately 24000k on it. As I leased the car and now face the decision whether to buy it or return it. The buy out will be about $60,000 Canadian which seems to be about $20,000 more than used ones sell for accross the border in the US. At least that is the impression I get from this forum. Then reading about DRC issues etc. I wonder if I can afford to drive it after the warranty runs out. I have never had a problem with my car, but then I haven't driven it very much.

Any opinions welcome.
    BigF

New Owner RS 6

Hello all - just bought a 2003 Daytona Grey/Black interior, 29K miles. Unbelievable car, never had this much power under the pedal!

First tweak will be putting in a Nav system/new stereo....

Good man!!

BigF - You can certainly purchase an extended warranty to alleviate some of your post 50k breakage concerns but for me, I would be looking at the purchase price and wondering if it would really be worth it...

hi everybody,

i've an RS6 2003 (140.000 km - new gearbox)
    but it's max speed is only 280 km/h on the speedo...

Is somebody here to help me to reach 300 km/h (or more)
    with a reasonnable cost?

chipset re-programming?

Thank you..

read you soon

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    Went to QST today, MTM tuners in Sussex UK, Man they do some good shit. They have your rims there LU!!
    Gonna go for the ecu to start off (don't wanna wreck my Audi warranty to obviously!) ....:eye:
    do the TCU as well (MTM will do that n/c), you will find stock shift with ECU upgrade will not go together too well .....
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?