Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Quote Originally Posted by troyjgaspard View Post
    hello i got one that is red and has 37,000 miles on it with a chip bringing it up to 515 on the hp.is there anything else i could do to it that will increase horses?like muffler,or dump pipes or just anything?
    milltek or eisen-whatever exhaust system might add a few points. intercooler etc etc. scroll up and look at the list of MTM mods

newcomer to the site

I bought my RS6 in January of 2007. I am the second owner. It came off a 3 year lease in New Jersey. It is Audi ceritified and warranty to 100000 miles. It had 43000 miles when I bought it. It now has 59000 miles. I bought it to drive and thats what I do. I was curious about the RS6 after reading about it on the web. So when the local Audi dealer got this one I went for a test drive. It blew me away!!! I told myself not to buy it, but I was hooked.

I am suprised how few people in the US know what a RS6 is.

The car is Avus silver, ebony interior, carbon fiber, nav system. It is a stock car.

Do all you RS6 owners have your timing belt changed every 35000 miles? That is what the Audi dealer says I have to do to keep the warranty in effect. Wondered what I should do after the warranty is gone.

I have attached pictures of my RS6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 1.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	5886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 3.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	5887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 2.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	5888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 4.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	5889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 5.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	5890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 7.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	5892  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 - 8.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	5893  

Hi,

just every 90000km or 56000miles you have to change the timing belt. Audi has changed that and I would do so, otherwise you will hazard to lose your machine when it breaks.
    Audi RS6 Avant 450PS goodwoodgreen

I believe when you take it in for service, your service advisor will let you know if you need to have it changed. Incidentally, for a car like this, I would highly recommend dealer-only service.

Congrats on the RS6 - Dealer only maintenance, and when the warranty is up, buy another warranty if it is any good, some warranties have "get out clauses" which they can invoke when a car has a high mileage - they can claim "fair wear and tear" and reject your claim.

Barry - Daytona Avant

Thanks for the advice on the warranty. I will check into it.

new member RS6 community

Hi everybody

I've just bought an RS6 / 504 HP (12/2002) 130.000 km (80,000 miles) mostly used on highway, daytona grey, full options (19", tv,nav,phone,solar, vmax chipping, etc...)

timing belt, cams/dohc and gearbox have been recently changed because power was previously 530 HP but tomuch torque and power for the gearbox and cams were damaged by a exceeding cams timing...

So now it's (only) a 504 hp..

At the moment, i've no idea of what could be its max speed..
    i've allready reaching very easyly 270 km/h (165 mph)..

In France with so many cameras, its difficult to find a place to get the maximum speed...

Does somebody know which lubricant should i use for the gearbox to expect reaching again 530 (or more) HP?

RS6 is a fantastic car... Whith that power, it looks like a toy and you really forget its 1850 kilos...

now my problem could be to find a better and quicker (polyvalent) car than this one...

FERRARI AVANT 4WD gallardo V12 TDI?

Thank you for your ideas and reply...

all the bests

Nickantibes (south of France) rivieraclim@wanadoo./fr

I bought my Blue/Grey RS6 in summer 2007 as a CPO. It is fully-loaded with all the options and currently has 35K miles.

I really love this beast and enjoy the rush when flooring the gas paddle.

Looking forward to install the GIAC chip and upgrad the Navi to RNS-E or some kind of aftermarket.

The technician, Bobby, in West Covina Audi is the
    only person I trust to work on this RS6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0025a-web (1).jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	5906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0026a-web (1).jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	5907  

Quote Originally Posted by JCT2033 View Post
    I bought my Blue/Grey RS6 in summer 2007 as a CPO. It is fully-loaded with all the options and currently has 35K miles.
    Welcome to the club, you may want to take a visit to this thread: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....163#post117163 as we're planning a So Cal meetup.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Babsi View Post
    Hi,

just every 90000km or 56000miles you have to change the timing belt. Audi has changed that and I would do so, otherwise you will hazard to lose your machine when it breaks.
    timing belt every 60.000 KM, not 90k, read the manual ....
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

Quote Originally Posted by troyjgaspard View Post
    what is the big deal about the avants?isnt the rs6 lighter than the avant is?
    stealth factor...
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

Quote Originally Posted by audirs6kj View Post

I bought my RS6 in January of 2007. I am the second owner. It came off a 3 year lease in New Jersey. It is Audi ceritified and warranty to 100000 miles. It had 43000 miles when I bought it. It now has 59000 miles. I bought it to drive and thats what I do. I was curious about the RS6 after reading about it on the web. So when the local Audi dealer got this one I went for a test drive. It blew me away!!! I told myself not to buy it, but I was hooked.

I am suprised how few people in the US know what a RS6 is.

The car is Avus silver, ebony interior, carbon fiber, nav system. It is a stock car.

Do all you RS6 owners have your timing belt changed every 35000 miles? That is what the Audi dealer says I have to do to keep the warranty in effect. Wondered what I should do after the warranty is gone.

I have attached pictures of my RS6.
    Nice car dude !

I bought my RS6 (black, avant) in december 2007, it's a 2004 car brought into traffic the first time in march 2005, 22.000 km on the counter! The former owner was caught by the police driving 170 km/h in the village, and he had a teeny weeny to much to drink...so he lost his drivers license for 2 years (!) and went to the dealer to sell his car...which now i owe

Quote Originally Posted by nickantibes View Post
    Hi everybody

I've just bought an RS6 / 504 HP (12/2002) 130.000 km (80,000 miles) mostly used on highway, daytona grey, full options (19", tv,nav,phone,solar, vmax chipping, etc...)

timing belt, cams/dohc and gearbox have been recently changed because power was previously 530 HP but tomuch torque and power for the gearbox and cams were damaged by a exceeding cams timing...

So now it's (only) a 504 hp..

At the moment, i've no idea of what could be its max speed..
    i've allready reaching very easyly 270 km/h (165 mph)..

In France with so many cameras, its difficult to find a place to get the maximum speed...

Does somebody know which lubricant should i use for the gearbox to expect reaching again 530 (or more) HP?

RS6 is a fantastic car... Whith that power, it looks like a toy and you really forget its 1850 kilos...

now my problem could be to find a better and quicker (polyvalent) car than this one...

FERRARI AVANT 4WD gallardo V12 TDI?

Thank you for your ideas and reply...

all the bests

Nickantibes (south of France) rivieraclim@wanadoo./fr
    Well Nick, normally the top speed is limited to 250 km/h, but that is not really true for the Audi RS6. I drove to Germany a month ago and went to 260 km/h without any problem , then i had to break because of traffic...I guess the (limited) top speed must be around 270 km/h...

My first post here

Quote Originally Posted by Erik R. View Post
    Well Nick, normally the top speed is limited to 250 km/h, but that is not really true for the Audi RS6. I drove to Germany a month ago and went to 260 km/h without any problem , then i had to break because of traffic...I guess the (limited) top speed must be around 270 km/h...
    Hi all, I recently took my RS6 Avant to 175mph, and I chickened out. It was being driven in S mode, and only changed into 5 gear at 158mph as idicated by my road angel (great bit of kit really recommend buy before laser ban comes in)
    As far as I know I bought a standard RS6 that was six months old, that had only been driven by a women with two kids. The thing got quicker by the day,until I reckon 40000 miles when it seems to have peaked & leveled off-is this the point where the engine has reached its ultimate performance?? I think so talking to other owners.

This is a good site should have come here before!

Keep on enjoying your monsters!

Regards

The Cornish Moocher

Quote Originally Posted by Erik R. View Post

You have to take into account the difference between the tacho and real gps speed.

Indeed the RS6 will take you to 270 on the tacho, that should be close to 260 km/h real speed.

Delimited it will reach close to 300 km/h gps speed. I topped mine when it was stock at 298 km/h via tomtom gps. That was close to 315 km/h on the tacho.

Now the HP are up to 525, but the top is limited to about 290 tacho. I think they are doing this to preserve the mechanics, temperature goes up like mad doing those speeds for a few minutes.

Anyway guys, keep it safe
    Get out and drive

Hi again,

Yup you are right, the tacho was up around 180mph, and I think that the gps is a little out too but not much.

It is quite fast enough anyway!

What tyres do you guys run? I have tried Continentals- they were bad- real bad, have been running on Perelli rosso Pzero 255/35/19 for a while and they are great, loads of grip and confidence after the conti's.

Mooch.

On the stock wheels I have 255/19 Michelin PS2
    On the mtm wheels I have 275/19 Conti Sportcontact 4

Very happy with both, the Michelin's where a tad better but they wear like crazy
    Get out and drive

I went for the Perelli after being advised by a tech at Audi as the only one they recommend - maybe Audi have a stake in Perreli !!