Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Thanks Bauer, that's great to hear. You are in MA right?

Sunny CA......I am now a wimmpy Californian when it comes to weather
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Pictures of my ebony Beast

First Picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dscn1104.jpg 
Views:	2278 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	1191  
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Bilbozilla-

YOU STOLE MY CAR!!!!

very nice........you have great taste in cars and colors
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Hey everyone...I'm new here; just brought home my new RS6 about 3 weeks ago (just before Christmas). So far, I am delighted. I love the car! It's Daytona Gray with black interior and all the options (I just had to have the enhanced exhaust..love to hear her gurgle!).

Quick question in case anyone might have any feedback. I was told by my dealer here in NYC that Audi actually sent 1,106 RS6s here to the US this year. Does anyone know how they've sold, or are selling? I see there are a handful for sale on Ebay.

Also, the best review I've read is the one in MotorTrend in which they ran the RS6 head-to-head with the E55, and the tester found the RS6 to be the superior vehicle. He claimed the RS6 did 0-60 in 4.3, which is faster than Audi represents, as well as what other on-line reviews have said. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is 4.3 about accurate?

Thanks!

first the number is probably right in ny there are alot of dealers palisades,town, paul miller etc. they all have about 4 left or more now they are giving off msrp so that they can sell them so thats true

as far as the performance numbers motortrend is uasually acurate also car&driver did a test and got 4.4 to 60 so i would say its acurate and the manufacter usally writes a little less car and driver tested it against BMW M5, Jaguar S-Type R, and E55 AMG the RS6 got first place

Thanks nyrs6 -- do you have any sense for how well-received the RS6 has been nationally? In other words, has it been successful, or did it not sell as well as expected? Thanks.

JA-

Welcome to the board.....as for the numbers few, if any of us have been able to hit those times. Remember though that the mag guys do this for a living and have the proper equipment. If you go out and try and hit those numbers....I doubt you will.....I hope you do....but doubt it.

For the issue of how well the car sold. I think what happen was people thought the car was going to be around 65K to 70K so the waiting lists got loaded up. Then the pricing came out at the base of 82K, 89K fully loaded....waiting list got smaller. Then here in CA the stealers got together and decieded to throw on an extra 10k bonus for themselves. So needless to say the list got WAY smaller. The list got so smaller, so quickly here in CA that the 10K went away with some stealers real quick. But by then the damage was done...and they had to try and convince the customer to come back. AoA and the dealers thought it was the year 2000 or something.

So now there some dealers that have 2 or 3 still on the lot. I have found that some blew right through their alotment and were begging for more cars and others had extra. There are 90 or so going to Canada that they could not sell here. Who knows what the final # was. I think the values will settle out in the next 6 to 12 months since you cant get any more.
    Last edited by Bauer; January 16th, 2004 at 20:50.
    Bauer

01 S8

http://www.rs6.com/articles/008.html

With G-Tech 0 - 100 km/h

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by Erik
    http://www.rs6.com/articles/008.html

With G-Tech 0 - 100 km/h

BTW: Do you think Oettinger 540HP is really 4.2 sec for 0-100 time?
    Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

G-tech is no way as acurate as car magizines test equipment espeacially the old g-tech

Here is another ebony pearl chiming in. I've had the car for a week and am loving it. This is my 3rd C5 Audi replacing an 01 2.7t 6spd and 02 S6 Avant. Will post pics when I can find my camera. I believe I bought the car ksurg ordered and passed on.
    99 C2 Cab
    04 Cayenne S
    03 RS6

Welcome 4ng

Do all the Nor-cal owners have ebony Pearl? Welcome and congrats.
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Originally posted by 4ng crcs
    Here is another ebony pearl chiming in. I've had the car for a week and am loving it. This is my 3rd C5 Audi replacing an 01 2.7t 6spd and 02 S6 Avant. Will post pics when I can find my camera. I believe I bought the car ksurg ordered and passed on.
    you wouldn't have been driving on Foothill Expressway in Palo Alto on 01/14 around 7:40pm woud you?

4ng crcs-

Welcome to the boards!! There are quite a few of us in the Bay Area it appers
    Bauer

01 S8

Where can I let my beast loose in the Tri-State area?

Hi everyone - I was wondering if any of our somewhat local beastowners (NY, NJ, CT, PA) might have any thoughts or suggestions on a place where I can bring mine and let 'er rip. I'm in Manhattan and always looking for a good day or overnight trip.

Many thanks in advance!

Green Meany Pic

Picked her up last Saturday. And lovin' it!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pict0036.jpg 
Views:	2403 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1194  
    Dark Knight

"See God, then brake."
    - Kevin Schwantz, 500GP World Champion
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    RS6 Goodwood Green
    S4 Triple Black Cab
    350Z Nismo . . . gone
    Boxster . . . gones
    CBR1000F, 900RR, ZX7R, ZX6R, GSX-R600 . . . gone

Letting her rip . . .

JA -

Just saw your post asking where you can let her rip. I'm in PA and used to race bikes, before I got on the track we used to take the bikes up around the Delaware Water Gap which is actually in North Jersey (watch out still for the troopers). That's twisty stuff. For straight line speed the NE Extension running out the Philly area up to the Pocono Mountains is good, you can then drive around the mountain areas, have lunch, see some nice sights plus there are outlet stores everywhere so you can make a weekend of it.

The fastest piece of open safe'ish road I know is in South Jersey, it's a hike for you and there's nothing else going on around there (I mean come on, it's Jersey!!) so I doubt it's worth the trip for you unfortunately. Anway it's very smooth with a long line of sight, we used to get some of the track bikes, which shouldn't have actually been on the street(!), up to 185+mph there.

After all my experiences with bikes, I'd say invest the time and money and go to the track where you can really take the car to the limit -- and often beyond!! Good luck and keep the shiny side up!!
    Dark Knight

"See God, then brake."
    - Kevin Schwantz, 500GP World Champion
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    RS6 Goodwood Green
    S4 Triple Black Cab
    350Z Nismo . . . gone
    Boxster . . . gones
    CBR1000F, 900RR, ZX7R, ZX6R, GSX-R600 . . . gone