Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,369 to 1,386 of 1468

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Oh right, forgot to put myself in this list.

Corey from Massachusetts.

2003 Daytona Gray/Ebony RS 6 originally from New Jersey; two previous owners who both strictly serviced it at Audi of Bernardsville (stack of records in the glovebox sealed the deal). Bought her from the dealer at 68,000 miles in November '13; currently has 73,000 miles. All-stock until I do the 75k maintenance; then I plan to do Wagner intercoolers, Milltek exhaust and custom catted downpipes, AEM water/meth injection, Eurocharged ECU tune and MTM TCU tune, Bilstein PSS9's and Hotchkis sway bars. If I keep it long enough I might do a 6MT conversion and bigger turbos with custom manifolds and uprated fuel system.

About 2 years ago I was working as an Audi sales consultant and was leasing a 2012 S4 6MT. My friend who just sold his '95 S6 saw an RS 6 for sale at a local dealer lot; it was very well-kept and after going to scope it out and riding in it, I thought to myself how awesome it would be to own one. I just wasn't in a position to afford one and was a real manual transmission snob at the time (still am). Anyhow, fast forward 2 years and the fantasy has become a reality! Same gorgeous Daytona Gray with ebony interior as the car I originally saw. Now if I can just manage to finagle a 6MT conversion into the budget...

Hi all, my names Ian and on the 20th December 2013 I bought myself a lovely low mileage (72,000) 03 plate C5 RS6 Avant in Daytona Grey. I joined a few UK based forums but come back here for the transmission advice!

So my RS6 was completely standard (except for being de-badged of the RS6 on the rear) when I bought it and I'm the third owner, with the 1st one taking obvious care of it with a service book full of Audi stamps and receipts for nearly 9 years while the 2nd owner appeared "more relaxed" about the maintenance side of ownership for the year he owned it before part-exchanging. For a ten year old car it's in extremely good condition. The paint work only has 2 very minor scratches, the engine bay is spotless, the interior looks brand new and it's had the brakes & timing belt replaced 10K miles ago (see Bottom for more Timing Belt info).

In the 3 months I've owned the Beast I've had it Stage 1+ mapped (ECU/TCU), replaced the slipping gearbox (stock replacement) and RNS-D (Alpine unit) and replaced the interior lights with LEDs. Now I'm just waiting for the DRC to finally go pop so I can get some reliable suspension fitted!

Cheers for reading.......................................Ian

Hello all, new here, 2003 RS6 Daytona gray, ebony with black interior, bought it about 9 months ago, bought it with 79k miles on it now just hit 86,000 today. Anyways I work at a car dealership one day I saw parked at the sister dealer next door about 200 yards away I could see the back of the big body Audi and thought it was an S8, after a couple hours of going back to and looking to see if it was still parked, I was hoping that they were trading it in and eventually they did. When it went back to check it out and signed a purchase agreement for it pending safety inspection. It sat behind my work for about 8 working days before it finally was done with inspection had a water pump replaced during that time timing belt was replaced by previous owner at 71,000 miles. All stock except for the Gunmetal VMR 710 19"s and a kenwood double din (really like the phone bluetooth and streaming audio upgrade from the stock bose tape deck lol) by the way my driver side front bumper grill piece popped off the other day it looks so bad has anyone had the same problem? Only place I can find piece is at dealer for $180. Anyways a lot of nice RS6 on here glad I found the site! Will post more pics soon.

Jon

Name:  rs6.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  16.3 KB
    Last edited by RS6in907; April 5th, 2014 at 09:17.

So I guess this is starting again. It's been awhile since we had any spam.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Here's mine.

2003 Dolphin Gray

I have one more electronic repair to go then I start the fun stuff. New exhaust, Euro lights, Paint Job Tires/Wheels and the Chipping. After that I buy an RS4 and repeat. My son and I are collecting anything with an RS in front of it. He convinced me to buy it after my divorce, best thing he has ever told me. I freaking love this car so much. My advice is to skip therapy and buy an RS anything.

The last picture is my daughter right after she passed her driving test in the RS6. Not many kids get to take the test in a car like that.

I'm about to do the brakes so any word on rotors or pads please speak up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-25 09.31.00.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	15155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-25 09.32.19.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	15156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-02-28 08.46.19-1.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	15157

Very good, welcome! Enjoy the RS's, fun for sure and you'll find lots of good info on here. Update your location when you get a chance, cheers!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

^Welcome aboard the crazy train! Congrats to the Daughter and what a great vehicle for the test! I hope she got into the boost during the test. ;0

My daughter's first car to drive was my RS6 a few years ago.

Brake Pads- Whatever you do- don't go with OEM. Plenty of threads on the OEM subject and the pins that will eat into the rotors. I personally like the Hawk pads.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...ighlight=brake
    Last edited by MaxRS6; April 15th, 2014 at 20:03.
    210K miles rolled

Thanks for the greetings and heads up on the pads. I'll keep searching, I live near Seattle so shedding rain is a big deal for me with the rotors. And the dust, oh man the brake dust is killing me with the OEM pads.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by RDL K9 View Post
    Here's mine.

2003 Dolphin Gray
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-25 09.31.00.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	15155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-25 09.32.19.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	15156
    That thar be "Daytona Gray", not Dolphin Gray.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by RDL K9 View Post
    Thanks for the greetings and heads up on the pads. I'll keep searching, I live near Seattle so shedding rain is a big deal for me with the rotors. And the dust, oh man the brake dust is killing me with the OEM pads.

Michael
    Hawk HPS are great all around, lack a bit on grab until heated up. Stock pads are horrid with dust, but a lot of bite, until the metal pins eat lines into your rotors. Hawk Ceramics seem to be liked, along with EBC yellow, don't touch red. Seattle, nice, another NW ride!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Hmm, thought the title says Dolphin, but as a non-artist guy gray is gray. Not sure what the difference is. Soon she'll be white just to liven things up. Not many white ones out there.

I guess I'll take a second look at the paperwork. I don't want to offend the car, she loves me so far.

Thanks for the tips. I'm shopping on the web right now. Think the cryo treatment is worth it for the front rotors?

Thanks,

Michael

Why no red? I ordered some haven't put on yet though. Good info here Red vs Yellows
    http://m.evolutionm.net/showthread.p...002&styleid=28
    Last edited by RS6in907; April 16th, 2014 at 08:53.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6in907 View Post
    Why no red? I ordered some haven't put on yet though. Good info here Red vs Yellows
    My reds ate through a brand new set of rotors in less than 5000 miles, not worth it in my opinion
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Reds have splintered and failed for a few people causing rotor and caliper damage...

Keep in kind that's in the context of a light low power car. EBC recommends choosing pads based on power and weight.
    its common sense anyway, or at least should be.

Even on low power cars Red pads aren't an ideal choice. Mostly due to rotor warping. I think Green pads are a better choice.

I have yellows on the car now, but will be trying Blues (race) next. See if the cold response is workable for daily street use
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

If anyone is interested and lives close to Vancouver BC: here is a link to my Beast that I traded in to my local Audi dealer. PM me for details on the upgrades. Its pretty much mint and I have babied it: Bought it with only 11000km on it and added only 20000km more over the last 3 years:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Audi/RS+6...PO&orup=1_15_1

Currently Ansbach, Germany. Originally from Gaithersburg, Maryland.
    Hey guys, have an '04 RS6 Avant here, in blue metallic. Got it 3 weeks ago. It has black leather interrior, cold weather package, navi+( though maps dvd needs to be updated), fk coils, hankook v12 evo tires (just put them on). Future mods are: exhaust, possibly rns-e, new rotors and brake padd, for now. It doesnt sound like a v8 with stock exhaust. Ill put up pix later on, once it stops raining and ill wash it. By the way im in germany, but originally from maryland, usa.
    Thanks all.